Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

On 2/7/2022 at 10:40 AM, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Season 1 Vikings GIF by HISTORY

For week ending February 13, 2022

1. We have been on a roll recently; do you think this can continue?

2. How did you find the VHL?

3. Do you have a rival, if so who is it and what team do they play for?

4. What is your favourite breakfast meal?

5. What is your favourite animal?

6. What was your dream job growing up?

1. I sure hope that we can keep it up.

2. Just browsing around on google when I found it.

3. Dil, not a player @Dil is just a rival as a person.

4. I don’t eat breakfast often but when I do I like muffins.

5. Probably monkeys they are too smart but it’s cool.

6. Probably doing some sort of sports job.

PRESS CONFERENCE

how to train your dragon animation GIF by Universal Kids

for week ending February 20, 2022

1. If you were in charge of taking the team out for dinner, where would you take us?

2. What is your favourite fruit. 
3. If you could hire one person to help you, would it be for cooking, cleaning or yard work?

4. What is the longest time you have went without sleep?

5. What is your favourite fast food place?

6. What is your favourite movie?

Edited by Kisslinger

6 minutes ago, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. If you were in charge of taking the team out for dinner, where would you take us?

3. If you could hire one person to help you, would it be for cooking, cleaning or yard work?

1. Not olive garden or Applebee's. That is a junior hockey reference and if someone gets that, we are cool. Let's be honest, it has to be the greasiest place on the planet with enough mom's for the boys to take home.

2. I don't know if there is such a thing as a favorite fruit... i guess apples?

3. Bro, cleaning. I'll do all the yard work and cooking.

4. probably @thadthrasher's birthday in college. I pulled the all-nighter the night before and then kept rolling. 

5. Taco Bell. For reason's I will never be able to explain.

6. If anyone puts anything other than the 2004, Disney, Sports/Drama, 2 hour and 15 minute long, cinematic masterpiece, MIRACLE, then they are wrong and deserve to be traded immediately. There is only one movie and one movie only. 

7 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Ikea (As a Canadian, I have no idea what I'm talking about)

2. Watermelon

3. Yard Work

4. About 20+ hours

5. I have lots, but in my area it's Wendy's

6. Princess Bride 😏

On 2/16/2022 at 11:55 AM, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Chuck's Roadhouse, who doesn't like a good steak

2.Raspberrys

3.Cleaning

4. 17+ hours

5. A & W

6. Fast Times at Ridgemont High

On 2/16/2022 at 11:55 AM, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I'd take the whole team out to Texas Roadhouse! I'm a simple man, what can I say...

2. Peaches

3. Oh cooking for sure. 

4. I went for about 3 days

5. This is a tough one. I'd say Raising Cane's Chicken. I miss it!

6. I absolutely love "A Quiet Place." I could watch that movie over and over again.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Olive Garden do I need to explain myself?

2. Really hard but I have to say strawberries.

3. I’d hire @thadthrasherto be my maid

4. Two days, while I sat and did nothing.

5. Chipotle, it’s healthy and the food is amazing!

6. I like dances with wolves, very good movie in my opinion!

PRESS CONFERENCE

Assassins Creed Cheers GIF by Ubisoft Nederland

For Week ending February 27 2022

(answer the questions as your player)

1. We acquired @Ente2997in a trade the other day, what do you think about this trade and how do you think it will help us moving forward?

2. We are currently sitting at third overall, do you think we will stay top 3? is there anything you think that may hinder us?

3. What do you think has been your biggest strength this season? why do you think this is your biggest strength. 

4. What do you think our biggest weakness as a team? is there anything you think we can do to fix this weakness? 

5. When we play the top two teams, we can really stay with them up until the third period, what do we need to do in the third to secure the wins?

6. Who have you found the most chemistry with this season? why do you think this chemistry grew? 

1.  He is going to be a great offensive pickup for sure.  I think it will help propel the team into the ladder half of the season.

2. The Vikings and the Watchman keep winning (and losing) at the same rate keeping both teams equal in the standings.  Both teams need Cologne or Rome to have some strung together losses to make up some ground.  The only thing I think that can hinder the Vikings is Watchmen Defensemen Brian Payne.  :) lol

3.  I think your biggest strengths of the season has been your team defense.  Lock Ness, Beach, Butts and Ben Dahl have been beasts for you and have remained consistent all year.  

4.  Biggest weakness is the same as we have in Bratislava.  Being consistent and winning those close games.  

5. Limit costly penalties and play a full 60 minutes.  

6.  Well since I am doing a Stockholm presser and not Bratislava I would say the most chemistry I have had on my club is Harry Bagel but were split now and I haven't had a point in 4 games. lol.  I would say I would love to be on a defensive line with Loch Ness or Beach in Bratislava because they are studs.  

Best of luck Vikings!!   Beat Rome and Cologne please but not us!   :) 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:25 AM, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Assassins Creed Cheers GIF by Ubisoft Nederland

For Week ending February 27 2022

(answer the questions as your player)

1. We acquired @Ente2997in a trade the other day, what do you think about this trade and how do you think it will help us moving forward?

2. We are currently sitting at third overall, do you think we will stay top 3? is there anything you think that may hinder us?

3. What do you think has been your biggest strength this season? why do you think this is your biggest strength. 

4. What do you think our biggest weakness as a team? is there anything you think we can do to fix this weakness? 

5. When we play the top two teams, we can really stay with them up until the third period, what do we need to do in the third to secure the wins?

6. Who have you found the most chemistry with this season? why do you think this chemistry grew? 

1. I think it's a great trade. Ente is a amazing teammate to have in the LR.

2. I think sky is the limit.

3. My ability to pot the puck in the net. Goals win games baby.

4. Our defence is young. Otherwise, I don't see a weakness to be honest.

5. I think we need to work on our stamina and line changes.

6. Ente is a great teammate to have. Since he's come in, we've gelled quite a lot.

Press conference

For week ending March 6, 2022.

1. Are there any skills your player has learned over this season? Was there anything you were trying to learn?

2. We have been on fire lately, what do you think our team has been doing that the other teams are not?

3. What does it mean to be a Stockholm Viking to your player?

4. Have you made any new friends in the locker room? If so, who are they?

5. Do you have any personal goals you have reached this season? if so, what are they?

6. What is your favorite logo in the league and why?

Press conference

For week ending March 13 2022

1. What are your thoughts on your players statistics this season? Are you happy with the results?

2. How do you feel we did as a team this season? is there any part of our team that you feel we have an edge over then the other teams?

3. Is your player doing anything different as we are going into the playoffs?

4. What do you think our key to winning the championship again is this season?

5. Does your player get nervous for the big games or focus more in the big moments?

6. Do you have a favourite suit you wear to games? if so describe it, and if not, what type of clothes do you wear to the games?  

On 3/8/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending March 13 2022

1. What are your thoughts on your players statistics this season? Are you happy with the results?

2. How do you feel we did as a team this season? is there any part of our team that you feel we have an edge over then the other teams?

3. Is your player doing anything different as we are going into the playoffs?

4. What do you think our key to winning the championship again is this season?

5. Does your player get nervous for the big games or focus more in the big moments?

6. Do you have a favourite suit you wear to games? if so describe it, and if not, what type of clothes do you wear to the games?  

1. Happy? My guy is out here being an absolute rockstar. Give this man a dangly earring and a pair of purple tinted shades.

2. Youthful scoring... (*cough cough)

3. Buddy is a rookie in the "E" so of course he's going to prepare the way any rookie would: Belly Button divin' and line ridin' 

4. Blocked shots. Take a few rippers for the team. 

5. Does Dave Grohl get nervous when playing a show? No. He slugs two pots of coffee like a psychopath and gets the place rockin'. Because That's What ROCKSTARS Do!

6. In all seriousness, I actually wear the same suit to every game. All navy. the only thing that changes are socks and the tie. The tie only if we lose. Like this is actually in real life...

Just popping by :D!

-I would probably take the team to some good steak house or something like that.

Clementine

Cleaning. Hate cleaning!

Maybe 12-13hours. Not long. Cannot live without sleep.

A local burger place near my house.

Dont really have one, but if i have to name any then probably - Saw

Press conference

For week ending March 20 2022.

1. Unfortunately we were eliminated, what do you think the main reason was and how could we have prevented it.

2. Looking back at your season, are you happy with your season? why or why not?

3. What are your plans for next season?

4. Did you feel off during the playoffs? was anything on your players mind that could have prevented the best performance?  

5. Are you looking forward to the new changes to the attributes and the end of the 'meta' ? if so why, if not why not?

6. Is water wet? explain your thinking.

Edited by Kisslinger

On 3/15/2022 at 8:17 PM, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending March 20 2022.

1. Unfortunately we were eliminated, what do you think the main reason was and how could we have prevented it.

2. Looking back at your season, are you happy with your season? why or why not?

3. What are your plans for next season?

4. Did you feel off during the playoffs? was anything on your players mind that could have prevented the best performance?  

5. Are you looking forward to the new changes to the attributes and the end of the 'meta' ? if so why, if not why not?

6. Is water wet? explain your thinking.

1. Honestly, I don't think we did anything necessarily wrong. It just seems to be that we were not in favor with Simon!
  2. I am! I thought we advanced well, established a solid foundation, and we proved that we are a team to be feared.
  3. My plans are to keep an eye open for upcoming prospects, especially that Napoleon Dynamite kid!
  4. Well, as a manager I felt like we had a real shot. However, that's not what Simon thought.
  5. I am, but as a manager I'm also a bit nervous. I have no idea what this is going to look like as a whole, and it may change a lot of how we run lines and strategies. 
  6. No. To be "wet" is to be saturated with water. Water itself cannot be saturated, therefore it is not wet.

Press conference

For week ending March 27 2022.

1. Do you have any favourite activities to do in the offseason? if so what are they?

2. If you had to take the team on a vacation where would we go and why?

3. Who is your players favourite player in any league (NHL, VHL etc.) and why do you like them?

4. In your experience, did you like the E? why or why not?

5. What is your favourite memory of this past season? 

6. if you followed the NHL trade line, what trade shocked you the most?

Press conference

For week ending April 3 2022.

1. New hybrid attributes have been released, what type of player did you make your player?

2. Does your player have any hobbies outside of hockey? If so what are they?

3. Do you have a moment in your VHLE career that you will remember, if so what is it? If not try to think of the closest thing!

4. What makes a good hockey team to you?

5. If you could change one thing about the league, what would it be and why?

6. How did you find the VHL? What interested you  into giving it a try?

London is slacking on press conference, so Im back to you guys!

1. Do you have any favourite activities to do in the offseason? if so what are they?

- Relaxing for a bit and then back to the gym and focusing on myself.

2. If you had to take the team on a vacation where would we go and why?

- I might take them to countries that are not popular destinations due to lack of information about them.

3. Who is your players favourite player in any league (NHL, VHL etc.) and why do you like them?

- Henrik Zetterberg, because of his story being drafted 210th and then becoming one of the league leaders.

4. In your experience, did you like the E? why or why not?

- What is THE E?

5. What is your favourite memory of this past season? 

- Playoffs

6. if you followed the NHL trade line, what trade shocked you the most?

- To be fair I did not, so have no idea who is traded.

Press conference

For week ending April 10 2022.

sorry for the late presser!

1. How do you feel we did at the draft? explain!

2. Where do you think Stockholm is finishing this upcoming season?

3. What is your player doing to get ready for the upcoming season?

4. What is your favourite sports team and why?

5. Do you think any other teams will give us a run for our money this season? if so who?

6. What do you think our biggest weakness is? biggest strength? and why?

55 minutes ago, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

1. How do you feel we did at the draft? explain! I feel ecstatic, can't wait to start my career with the Stockholm Vikings. Hopefully, we can finish with a better record than last year. 

2. Where do you think Stockholm is finishing this upcoming season? I think we will finish 4th overall in the league. 

3. What is your player doing to get ready for the upcoming season? I'm working on slap-shots and wrist-shots. I'm also working on my defensive coverage. 

4. What is your favourite sports team and why? The New Jersey Devils, we have a cracked fanbase. I love fanbases who are crazy. 

5. Do you think any other teams will give us a run for our money this season? if so who? I could see the Cologne Express dominating the league.

6. What do you think our biggest weakness is? biggest strength? and why? I can't really say our biggest weakness until I've been in a game. Our biggest strength I believe is our forwards. We can press well and attack. 

Press conference

1. How do you feel we did at the draft? explain!

I am usually very excited for any draft and this season being the fact that I skipped the VHLM draft to be a free agent in the VHLE has me even more excited. Collecting PJ Daniels in the second should really help the team this season. While the other players selected in the later rounds will have a season or two before the join the Vikings in the longhouse; but if they continue to develop the will be great additions.

2. Where do you think Stockholm is finishing this upcoming season?

I think we start the season somewhere between fourth and sixth but if all the players continue to develop then we should be somewhere around fourth at the end of the season. We will be much stronger at the end of the season then we will start the season.

3. What is your player doing to get ready for the upcoming season?

He is currently pumping out  the TPE to earn his right to actually be in the VHLE by the time the season starts. He is a young overachieving prospect and looking to add more defensive mind set to his game. He should progress nicely as the season hammers ahead.

4. What is your favourite sports team and why?

Hard to answer considering I really stopped following a single team and rather started following players/drivers (athletes) since as I developed as hockey player myself I realized it not about the place you play but the team or players that you play with that will make your experience either a unforgettable one or one of complete regret. Winning and Losing is actually only part of this aspect. Teams I followed since I was kid though has been the Vancouver Canucks & Pittsburgh Penguins 

5. Do you think any other teams will give us a run for our money this season? if so who?

I think we are currently a middle of the pack team so at least half the league will give us a run for our money this season but looking at roster and this past draft then Istanbul, Cologne and Vasteras are clearly currently raising to the top of the league. Bratislava will also be contending for the top three placement in the league during the first half of the season.

6. What do you think our biggest weakness is? biggest strength? and why?

I hate these types of questions since every weakness can be turned into a strength and every strength can be turned into a weakness. That being said I will agree with what was said in the locker room earlier today and that is the fact that the roster is currently thin meaning we have an opportunity to fill the gaps via trades and free agency. Overall I think the management has identified the gaps and are trying to plug the holes. Either way it is our job to keep the long boat pointed in the right direction and moving forward while they manage the leaks.

Press conference

For week ending April 17 2022.

1. The season is almost here, what are some individual goals you have this season?

2. If you could name our mascot, what would his name be and why?

3. Does your player have any pre game routines? if so why do you do it? if not what would yours be?

4. What is your player's favourite pre game meal? what makes it so special? 

5. What is brand is your players gear? do you have a sponsorship from anyone? are you looking for a sponsorship?

6. Is your player good at any other sports? if so what are they? 

25 minutes ago, Kisslinger said:

Press conference

For week ending April 17 2022.

1. The season is almost here, what are some individual goals you have this season?

2. If you could name our mascot, what would his name be and why?

3. Does your player have any pre game routines? if so why do you do it? if not what would yours be?

4. What is your player's favourite pre game meal? what makes it so special? 

5. What is brand is your players gear? do you have a sponsorship from anyone? are you looking for a sponsorship?

6. Is your player good at any other sports? if so what are they? 

1. I’m hoping to have a decent first year in the E, I’m excited to see how the new system works out.

2. Norseman, I think this one is fairly self explanatory lol.

3. Not a routine more of a superstition, left skate first always. Something that he has done since he was a kid, no real reason behind it.

4. All about that Chicken Alfredo! Good carbs and protein to fuel the body.

5. CCM everything, the fit is perfect. However he still isn’t sponsored by them but it’s just all about the comfort.

6. He’s alright at baseball, not much of a hitter but he can play first base like no other.