Discord locker room ownership.

Dom

1 hour ago, Nykonax said:

i just dont think this is a huge issue, how many times are LR's nuked vs peaceful handovers, and is it enough to warrant commish's owning every LR. And if that happens what happens if the person who owns everything goes rogue.

I agree with this.  This is a minor issue being overblown just because it's something that happened recently.  It's an extremely rare / low probability occurrence, and obviously the fix was fairly efficient and simple.  I don't think this comes down to a player retention issue either, I highly doubt we lose members just because they have to move to a new LR lol.

Imagine how well it would go over if we told VHLM GMs that they have to give up ownership of their servers because they can't be trusted with them. Even if the commissioners tried to make a network of league-owned servers, I'd imagine most GMs would keep using their own server because they have everything just the way they want it.

I think that the GM should be able to own the server, and those GMs who leave should transfer ownership, and I can think of a couple examples where either ownership was held hostage by someone else who just didn't want to give it up or the GM disappeared or refused to bring in the new one out of spite or something...but in those cases, I think it's the healthier choice for all concerned to just move on and make a new one.

I get what you're saying, but it's a lot of unnecessary complication for what's ultimately a minor issue. 

5 hours ago, Domg5 said:

thanks to @Alex_J32 for being our savior both times.

I do think @Moon_50 deserves some credit here too as he made the new Houston discord server and houston only used my emergency LR for about 4 hours. He also helped out a bit when Saskatoon was using my emergency LR during Doom's absence. 

3 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

I do think @Moon_50 deserves some credit here too as he made the new Houston discord server and houston only used my emergency LR for about 4 hours. He also helped out a bit when Saskatoon was using my emergency LR during Doom's absence. 

Alex setting up a permanent refugee camp?

1 minute ago, Dil said:

Alex setting up a permanent refugee camp?

I have a channel in the Philly discord that I move in and out of my archived channels when needed for other teams to use as a just in case. It worked really well with Saskatoon earlier this season.

Edited by Alex_J32

5 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

The real pro-gamer/Chad move would be to link this thread and claim it anyway.

Anyway, I’m obviously in favour of upper tier members conglomerating even more power. 

Wait, I can be a real pro-gamer AND a Chad??! 🥳

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

I don't think it's that it happens often but it still can. What benefit is there to having things hidden away in different servers vs. having the league have them all under one banner like they were when they were on the forum? The intention would not be to overtly moderate the locker rooms but rather to retain and pass along control of them when needed (thus a clean passage of control especially in unfortunate circumstances and safety in those same circumstances). The added bonus of course is that if something does come up evidence can't just be deleted. We would not be having to trust screenshots (which may or may not contain context) or worse, have nothing. We could simply go in and find the offence ourselves to judge it.

I think the benefits of having them centrally controlled, tbh, outweigh the cons.

I remember when I first joined all the teams had one channel LR in the general discord. Assuming your talking about something like that again. I think the benefit is that you have a discord for everyone in the same place and can organize different channels. Instead of being limited to one channel you can make a bunch of topical channels, and also just add some for fun channels. When I was MCK GM I created a pingerdome channel where people could just spam ping others. People enjoyed it, and something like that couldn't be done in a general discord without asking mods every time to create a channel. I also think whoever is being hired as a VHLM GM should be trusted enough to peacefully hand over an LR. If your hiring people who are a 50/50 on handing over and nuking an LR it's a little questionable. I do understand that things happen, but they don't really happen that often. And what's stopping whoever has control of all the LR's from nuking ALL of the LR's. I also get the evidence piece but isn't that the whole point of tfong's and league investigations. That during an investigation you look in the LR, you look at the context, and you'll know if something is deleted, and if someone is deleting things well...