Should I change my Username

Ledge

Hi, VHL

This topic has sort of been a pressing issue for me ever since I joined the league. Allow me to explain.

When I made my account on the VHL, I was recruited by a Beaviss ad on another hockey forum site called CapFriendly. It was there that I saw this guy's username, and thought huh, that's pretty clever. So guess what my dumbass past self did? Copied the name right off him. I didn't notify him that I was 'borrowing' his name, because on CF there isn't a private message program that I could use. So for a while I just used it here without any concern. 

It took a bit of time before I realized, hey, I have a username that is unoriginal and I didn't give credit to the creator. So I started telling people out of the blue that I didn't make this up, I stole it off someone. And for a while, I was satisfied with that, too. 

It took even longer before I started thinking about flat out changing it. On CF, my starter username was HabsFan9, which sucks butt, so I changed it to Remus, a cool and unique username with ancient Roman historical relevance. And tbh, I really like it, and have been considering changing Ledge to Remus for a while. I just haven't, because I was content with being Ledge. 

So, that's where y'all come in. My indecisive ass has been debating with itself for the past few months, spending real life time pondering whether or not I should change my username on a simulation hockey site. So I figured I'd end it. Do you or do you not think I should change my username from Ledge and Dairy to Remus, considering all of the details above? I appreciate any and all input.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

Hi, VHL

This topic has sort of been a pressing issue for me ever since I joined the league. Allow me to explain.

When I made my account on the VHL, I was recruited by a Beaviss ad on another hockey forum site called CapFriendly. It was there that I saw this guy's username, and thought huh, that's pretty clever. So guess what my dumbass past self did? Copied the name right off him. I didn't notify him that I was 'borrowing' his name, because on CF there isn't a private message program that I could use. So for a while I just used it here without any concern. 

It took a bit of time before I realized, hey, I have a username that is unoriginal and I didn't give credit to the creator. So I started telling people out of the blue that I didn't make this up, I stole it off someone. And for a while, I was satisfied with that, too. 

It took even longer before I started thinking about flat out changing it. On CF, my starter username was HabsFan9, which sucks butt, so I changed it to Remus, a cool and unique username with ancient Roman historical relevance. And tbh, I really like it, and have been considering changing Ledge to Remus for a while. I just haven't, because I was content with being Ledge. 

So, that's where y'all come in. My indecisive ass has been debating with itself for the past few months, spending real life time pondering whether or not I should change my username on a simulation hockey site. So I figured I'd end it. Do you or do you not think I should change my username from Ledge and Dairy to Remus, considering all of the details above? I appreciate any and all input.

Thanks

Miami Marauders Managerial name changes? Lets do it!

19 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

I'd just change it to Ledge, since most people say that for short. I think it's been too long to change it drastically.

Hogan tried to rebrand as TXC and eventually gave up because everyone knows him as Hogan.

i killed txc 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 12:58 AM, Beaviss said:

Beavissfan036 would be a great name 

I mean I'm late to the party here. But wouldn't Beaviss and Buttledge be slightly more glorious?