Terrible online sport graphics

boubabi

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Boubs doesn't like graphics featuring the same person repeatedly in different poses is the theme I'm seeing!

I mean there were only 5 Auston Matthews' in that first one. To fix the Toronto cap situation they would need to clone him at least 3 more times to make it viable SMH.

Also pretty much everything that is considered mandatory for making forum sigs also makes graphic designers die on the inside. Source, my sister who is a graphic designer by trade.

18 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Overly saturated and over doing topaz shouldnt be a paid job imo

I like the saturation of the blue but the face I agree. I doubt whoever made that gets paid well 

12 hours ago, Shindigs said:

I mean there were only 5 Auston Matthews' in that first one. To fix the Toronto cap situation they would need to clone him at least 3 more times to make it viable SMH.

Also pretty much everything that is considered mandatory for making forum sigs also makes graphic designers die on the inside. Source, my sister who is a graphic designer by trade.

They cannot afford to pay a total of 8 Auston Matthewses.... they struggle to pay the one they have (cap-wise, I do not know their cash flow position)... 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

They cannot afford to pay a total of 8 Auston Matthewses.... they struggle to pay the one they have (cap-wise, I do not know their cash flow position)... 

I'm sure they will find some way to argue that since it's all the same person. Only one gets paid. Legend tells that Toronto has slightly more money than the rest of the universe combined. So cash flow wise they could probably make it work either way.

20 hours ago, Shindigs said:

I’d like to hear more on this, what would she say is needed instead?

21 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

I’d like to hear more on this, what would she say is needed instead?

Just join the dark side instead, we have cookies. And lots of saturation and cool effects. Usually it's just that it's "too much" and basically aimed at looking "cool" whereas professional graphic designers usually aim for "clean" and "professional" as more of their fighting words. But then that is usually because they aren't making forums sigs. If either of those posted graphics were forums sigs it would have been fine. But if they are marketing material for multi-billion dollar corporations, then that is really not okay. It's like you rocking up to a corporate meeting in your rave gear. There's nothing wrong with your rave gear, at a rave. It's just that in a corporate meeting it would make you look like you're 12 and lost. That's about the closest comparison I can make.

Edit: Like if I showed her my forum sig she would facepalm. And rightfully so, because it's meant to be over the top like forum sigs should be. That's been what they've looked like stylistically since before some people on these forums were born. Because back then making something that looked that flashy was so hard in like Photoshop 5. That it was a flex just to be able to produce the effects. Eventually it became part of the forum culture, so here we are.

Edited by Shindigs

22 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Well graphics designers usually make ads and website layouts, posters etc.. So they have to be easy on the eye. Imagine making forum sigs that boring. 

We're over here making picasso's she's trying to earn a living. 

Edited by Frank

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Just join the dark side instead, we have cookies. And lots of saturation and cool effects. Usually it's just that it's "too much" and basically aimed at looking "cool" whereas professional graphic designers usually aim for "clean" and "professional" as more of their fighting words. But then that is usually because they aren't making forums sigs. If either of those posted graphics were forums sigs it would have been fine. But if they are marketing material for multi-billion dollar corporations, then that is really not okay. It's like you rocking up to a corporate meeting in your rave gear. There's nothing wrong with your rave gear, at a rave. It's just that in a corporate meeting it would make you look like you're 12 and lost. That's about the closest comparison I can make.

Edit: Like if I showed her my forum sig she would facepalm. And rightfully so, because it's meant to be over the top like forum sigs should be. That's been what they've looked like stylistically since before some people on these forums were born. Because back then making something that looked that flashy was so hard in like Photoshop 5. That it was a flex just to be able to produce the effects. Eventually it became part of the forum culture, so here we are.

This.

The goal is not to roast, don't get me wrong. It's more about graphics that I either feel are lazy or have little to no design to it. Tbf, the matthews one is not that terrible design wise, there is just flaws that are easy to fix/poor decision. 

First and foremost, it's over sharpened, the cyan/greenish color from the spark around the renders are terrible/doesn't fit, Matthews eyes are messed up on the smaller one and the face is over saturated/burned on the main render. That's a strikeout.

On the other thread with images that aren't terrible, it's more about the design and the message. The patriot one is super clean as the render fx are interesting, the layout is interesting and there's enough content to it. Less is more, that is still true.