Some of the problems I have with mods, and looking at the leagues biggest menace

Ben

Recently there have been multiple situations of multi accounts  in the VHL. While it is great that the mods are able to figure out who is guilty it is just a few baby steps. Having to decide a punishment  is a whole obstacle that can get heated. The VHL isn’t exactly all clean when it comes to throwing down the ban hammer on someone. Let’s look at one of the menaces to the league that no one has had to deal with for a good minute and that would be the infamous @BluObieZ. Probably the most hurtful person to the league that everyone just let running around and didn’t even put him in check. 
   Even if you look at the ban thread from around 7 years ago we can see that even from the start of the VHL he was causing a lot of problems and was overall hurting the league by how he acted. It’s just such a surprise to as why he didn’t get banned at all for what he had did. He literally just walked off on his own as he was bored of pissing people off and overall being a total dick. Guess what though he was allowed to run around in the league for seven years, unchecked. He has never been liked which is pretty understandable, sometimes makes you think about what he does in real life that could make him so pissed off to the point that he feels the need to go into a online sim league and try to ruin it. The crazy thing is too that no one actually felt like throwing the ban hammer. It was just a little slap on his wrists. Saying “ok ok what you did was very wrong and every other user would get for sure banned, but since your active and somewhat contribute to the league we will let it fly.” 
   It’s crazy to think how he basically ran around on his own with no moderation controlling him. Just look at his retirement speech “ But anyways. I think it’s that time. “NO!!!!! Robbie don’t leave” I have to fuck face. It’s time. “But what about the twist” you guys don’t deserve to hear my twist. You aren’t worthy to hear it. But! Having said that. Here is a new twist I just thought of. Consider it a pity twist since you guys aren’t worthy of hearing my grand finale twist. So here goes the pity twist. Instead of telling specific people to fuck off etc… I will make one general grand fuck you to all of you. Because no one deserves to be named by “name” on my retirement speech. No on has affected me so much that I would mention them in a good or bad way. So I will lump you all into the same shitty bunch. So here I go. Fuck you! All of you. I am better than everyone of you. Always have been, always will be. Robbie Out…” obviously their are many other places that you can find him going on and overall trying to start beef inside the league just go all the way back on the ban thread and just sit and watch really like go ahead and do take the 3 hours or so and read through the thread it is very interesting in my opinion. Personally I believe that our menace basically just scared off everyone from the league to even put up with him. He was just such a dick overall that no one even wanted to deal with him. To the point that he just left and decided to give up on the league and the mass destruction he was causing.
  He was like a serial killer on the lose jsut running around on his own and wouldn’t give two shits since no tried to stop him. He was such a menace to the point the blue squad didn’t even care. This really shows that the mods have a long way too keeping this place a fun and safe time for everyone. It is great that we are banning people who are breaking the rules, but sometimes it feels like their is a double standard if they are someone who has been in the league for a long time while I can understand that in some cases like if a long time member used hate speech. I wouldn’t understand it though when they knew what they were doing, but still didn’t do it anyways. Let’s look at the multi account situation we’re we have seems multiple users commit to these actions. Let’s say we have a user that just joined the league or came back after a long time. If they have no idea what they are doing they shouldn’t be held to the same standards as someone who knows what they are doing. Like if a VHLM GM or AGM did it. Man that would be a crazy situation.
  While I feel like the mods and the league have done a great job at impacting this in some situations it feels like it’s not always true. 
   Let’s look at @Alexandre a newer member to the league while he is a AGM he is newer and while he may have known what he was doing, he for sure probably didn’t do it with the intent to hurt the league and overall make it a less fun place for those who come here daily just to have some fun. You want to know who did run around in the league with the full intent and knowing what he was doing was overall hurting the league and stoping the growth. Our leagues menace who last was online in January @BluObieZ. Basically just roaming around and slapping people in the face while everyone just stared at him with a “what the fuck is this guy doing he’s a total dumbass, to be honest I don’t even feel like banning him at this point.” To be honest it would be pretty funny if my article got his attention and he all of a sudden shows up again.
  While I may seem pretty mad for someone that is up at 6 am on Christmas I have the stomach flu and threw up 5 times yesterday so that could somewhat explain my bad mood since obviously getting sick right before Christmas sucks and I wish it on nobody. I have to deal with it so here is me just finding something to be mad about and ranting about it for 1,000 words so that I don’t have to get myself mad next week to write another one. I do feel bad for the updater that is actually gonna have to take time out of their Christmas to read me go on my rant. I mean I was so lazy and procrastinated that I did it at the end of the weeks, Who cares though. Merry Christmas to everyone that is reading this today.

Edit: This didn’t age well 

1,023 words not including the quote, gonna claim for two weeks.

Edited by Nothing but goals

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Here’s the twist:

@BluObieZ is one of Kachur’s many other personalities. Right, Horcrux??

They actually did a few podcasts together back in the day, so ironically he’s one of the few people who almost certainly isn’t Kachur!

Anyway, Robbie is a shitty person and I’m glad he’s gone. Moderation has improved significantly since he’s been gone, which is why Alex was punished and Robbie never really did. 

The reality is the VHL culture wasn’t always what it is now. By today’s standards, I personally could easily have been permabanned on multiple occasions over the last 12 years. And I was the Commissioner!

So you’re right that Robbie got off easy, and of course it seems unjust that someone like @Alexandre, who I genuinely consider to be a great member, received a more severe punishment. But Robbie or anyone else wouldn’t have half a chance to pull anything like that off today. It sucks we let it slide in the figurative yesterday, but we’re here for the figurative and literal today and tomorrow.

As much as I love Ben being Ben, you have to be careful of anachronism. It's very easy to look at old sins and be like "bruh". Just go back to when me and Jardy were still young and innocent, like most of the league still is. Back then you could say and do shit with literally no one caring that would get you shunned from society today. Does that mean everyone was an asshole back then? Yes No, not really. Not anymore than they are today, it was just a different culture. Comedy that was universally praised in the 90s and early 00s would get you fired today. If anything it's just a sign that we are evolving, which is good to see.

But it's always something to keep in mind when looking back. Because some day you'll look back at posts you made on forums (if they survived) when you were like 10 years younger and be like "why was I literally the most obnoxious person in the universe? And how can I go back in time and punch myself?" which is fine, because it's a sign of progress. In Jardy's case he's just still stuck on that forum. So that's unfortunate for him.😅

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

Here’s the twist:

@BluObieZ is one of Kachur’s many other personalities. Right, Horcrux??

Thankfully not, that would be too much!

Yea so I threw have been a few recent bans due to multis, so it is fairly reasonable to write about it. The reality of it is the VHL has changed massively over the last few years and even months. I am 100% that if we had a character that were to act as @BluObieZthey would find quick punishment. You can look to what happened in the Tate case which is a much smaller case but still a major recent case for proof. I also would say that bans involving multis will always be different case by case and if a ban were to occur it is probably because the mods found some sort of reason to believe they were trying to hide the fact that the accounts were multis. You may think "well yes of course you hide having multis", but the fact that this is common thought is enough to prove that having a multi is a problem. I would say with how Alexandre pretended to be so many different people, and I believed that I knew @Collusion is a problem. The thing is most of the problem that would occur from a multi is going to be directed at new members who do not know the main account. 

32 minutes ago, v.2 said:

No the twist was that this guy had multis yet still wrote this MS

I mean I didn’t know at the time and didn’t realize how much they hurt the league.

22 minutes ago, BOOM said:

I am devastated that Mia Khalifa has been banned. Truly shattered.

You know what that's what I'll name my next player!

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

On which account

Very Funny Laughing GIF by Vienna Pitts

Yeah I already have a few names laid out for my next accounts 

Mia khiflia obviously 

travis Scott 

Now for the usernames 

Superepicgamergirl50

discordkitten75929

7 hours ago, nurx said:

i guess I now know why we had 2 semi active players that never joined discord. To bad @ShindigsD partner was never a real person. Poor guy actually about to find out everyone he knows is a multi

Where is that FUBAR flute version of the Titanic music when you need it? So sad, but also so expected. Let's say Mia Khalifa's update history was just a wee bit sus. At least we got some good memes out of it. But really, could we just not have a new multi case every day? As much as I love the non-stop drama, I feel like we've kinda hit saturation at this point. I'm just going to pretend I didn't find several accounts that looked like possible multis when looking at the S82 draft yesterday, because please no.

• Commissioner
14 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

So you’re right that Robbie got off easy, and of course it seems unjust that someone like @Alexandre, who I genuinely consider to be a great member, received a more severe punishment.

Keep in mind too that we still punished people for things, just a lot less for the things they SAID and those punishments could often be pretty darn severe.

I’m not saying it was justified or that we should be handing them out today but like, I was given a full season TPE ban with no possibility of appeal. There’s no reason to act like all punishments are new and more severe than anything ever dolled out before.

But yeah, Robbie would be banned in an instant these days. The fact he wasn’t then doesn’t mean that nothing deserves punishment now, quite the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...