Trivia is Back!

Josh

• Commissioner

Hello!

Thanks to @Dilwe now have Trivia built into the Portal! Information on it can be found here: 

Spoiler

The main change you'll notice is that there is now a pool of questions from which each person will get 2 randomly selected questions. We will still be giving out uncapped to anyone that submits a trivia question that is added to the pool. 1 uncapped TPE will be given per question added with a maximum of 2 uncapped being earned this way per season.

If you experience any issues with the portal setup, please report them to @Dil. For any trivia related inquiries or to submit questions to be added to the pool, please contact the @Trivia Head.

38 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

So if I'm reading right, it's fair game for me to answer like 6 correct trivia questions now, then claim 2 a week for the next 3 weeks?

No, after 2 questions it doesn't allow you to answer more until (I assume) the next week.

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, STZ said:

How do we know if our questions are used, do they just automatically get applied TPE to our players?

Was there a claim for the Trivia Questions requested by @Beketovin the off-season?

great feature, I just did one and it works great!

I gotta grab the list of which ones were used to make the claim list, sill try and do that tonight or tomorrow.

My questions came with the first choice already selected. It isn't necessarily the correct one (it was correct once and incorrect once) but just mentioning that as a bug.

Other than that I like it!

Great job @Dil thank you for your work

@N0HBDY maybe you have a plan for this, but if a question becomes outdated should we have something that indicates as of when the question was asked, Like As of S82 yadayadayada?  One of the questions I got could be outdated next season.  Probably not a huge urgent deal but was something that crossed my mind when I was looking at my questions.

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, Garsh said:

Great job @Dil thank you for your work

@N0HBDY maybe you have a plan for this, but if a question becomes outdated should we have something that indicates as of when the question was asked, Like As of S82 yadayadayada?  One of the questions I got could be outdated next season.  Probably not a huge urgent deal but was something that crossed my mind when I was looking at my questions.

It might have not happened with all of them but I know I was making sure to add that when I noticed it was missing. A lot of the questions already noted “as of” kinda things.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It might have not happened with all of them but I know I was making sure to add that when I noticed it was missing. A lot of the questions already noted “as of” kinda things.

That's good to know.  Neither of my questions has it marked, at least visibly to me maybe it's somewhere on the backend.  The questions I had were Who has the most assists in 1 vhl season and which team has won the most continental cups.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, STZ said:

How do we know if our questions are used, do they just automatically get applied TPE to our players?

I have the list of users who answered from Bek's post a few weeks ago and will provide them an update today.

• fishy unfeatured this topic