GM For a Day: Fixing the Phoenix

Gustav

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, Devise said:

Lastly 6-4-1 used to be a full team in the bigs in the old days, some teams are even up against the cap with that type of team build now. Doesn't seem to be a concern yet imo.

It was also the intention when we put the VHLE in place, returning the league to its “roots” of ~11 players per team.

TBH as much as GM’s will kill me for saying it I wonder if the cap shouldn’t be decreased. Being able to afford to ice a 3 line team just takes more talent away from the pool which leads to more teams being stacked while others are totally empty.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

It was also the intention when we put the VHLE in place, returning the league to its “roots” of ~11 players per team.

TBH as much as GM’s will kill me for saying it I wonder if the cap shouldn’t be decreased. Being able to afford to ice a 3 line team just takes more talent away from the pool which leads to more teams being stacked while others are totally empty.

With the hybrid attributes seeming to give an actual incentive to max earn more again, I'm guessing cap hell will be reached just fine with 6-4-1 going forward?

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

With the hybrid attributes seeming to give an actual incentive to max earn more again, I'm guessing cap hell will be reached just fine with 6-4-1 going forward?

Very possible. I wouldn’t want to change too much all at once without seeing how things play out.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Very possible. I wouldn’t want to change too much all at once without seeing how things play out.

I mean you could do it anyways, just to get the drama going.

2 hours ago, Victor said:

My man couldn't even fix Davos but he's offering consulting services

tbf I'm the same way with relationships.

I've given legitimately helpful advice despite never having been in one myself.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:05 AM, Daniel Janser said:

On 3/16/2022 at 5:49 PM, fonziGG said:

I completely disagree with this point in regards to selling your future to win a cup. I'm a former VHL GM and there could be some bias since I am currently contracted to Chicago but if you're in contention for a cup, you do everything you possibly can to go out and win that cup. It's the risk you take but you do it. In terms of technicality, Jeff hasn't done anything wrong as a GM for Phoenix. Why wouldn't you want to win a cup? Then you'll have people on the site saying that the GM didn't do enough to win it or put out his potentially best roster? If we're going to talk about opportunity cost, then it's worse in my eyes that he's gunning for the cup and doesn't buy more to shore up a win.

It's all about assessing and understanding why GM's do what they do. He sold his future to win what we all hope to win in the VHL. Even if Chicago didn't win, it was worth it because you don't build up to that moment only to hold back. Remember, you own the responsibility to that roster, team and each player individually.

Could he have done better in FA during the rebuild? Maybe. But that has no relation on whether or not he sold assets and went for a cup. Just my 2 cents anyways haha :)

I think there is a misunderstanding here, and I apologize if I was not clear in my writing.

All I am trying to say is that GM's make the calls in the personnel decisions in their franchise and will have to live with the consequences. If you are gunning for the cup and make all the necessary

Oh definitely however I was just merely discussing further. My bad! Was definitely not offended haha.