[S82] Rara Rasputin has retired!

VHL Bot

• Admin

2nd in all-time playoffs wins. 1st would have felt wrong, you can keep it @Rayzor_7

Glad to have gotten my 1st experience in Seattle (ticking off all the original 8 franchises) and LA (the first post S65 expansion team I've been on). And of course one more chance to dream with the Menace. Thanks for your time @Banackock @Spartan and @rory

Sticking around but not recreating any time soon.

58 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

One does not salute with their left hand smh

On Today you found out - Left Hand Salutes:

Actually you can as it has the same meaning as the right hand but is very uncommon and should only be used when the right hand is full or incapacitated.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

2 hours ago, Victor said:

2nd in all-time playoffs

RIP Rara's HOF chances, voters don't like players 2nd in an all-time playoff category 👁️

GG Rasputin

7 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

On Today you found out - Left Hand Salutes:

Actually you can as it has the same meaning as the right hand but is very uncommon and should only be used when the right hand is full or incapacitated.

That is new to me thanks for sharing. I guess different armies have different traditions in that respect. In the Swiss military if you cannot use your right hand you return the salute by assuming a rigid upright position, similar to 'ten-shun'.

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

That is new to me thanks for sharing. I guess different armies have different traditions in that respect. In the Swiss military if you cannot use your right hand you return the salute by assuming a rigid upright position, similar to 'ten-shun'.

American Navy & Marines are a bit different. Canadian Armed Force practice the same as the Swiss Military.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:27 PM, Daniel Janser said:

One does not salute with their left hand smh

His right hand was holding a beer I don’t see what other choice he had.

Re: Rara Retirement; Good.

6 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

His right hand was holding a beer I don’t see what other choice he had.

Re: Rara Retirement; Good.

Apparently different Armies have different approaches when it comes to salutes. @Gaikoku-hito pointed out to me that in the US military it is acceptable to salute with your left hand, when the right is full or incapacitated. In Switzerland you would assume a rigid, upright position in the same situation (similar to 'ten-shun')... or not salute at all if that is not possible either (for whatever reason), as your officers will understand that you are not in a position to properly return the salute...