Around the league with Bana #5

Banackock

ATLWB.png.ab04f82336a49f0a3815d60df420f922.png

Hello everyone, HAPPY SUNDAY! Little less happy for myself and I'd imagine a bunch of you as it's our last day off. I've just had four days off and let me tell you, it's flown by. During these days off I got done a bunch of stuff for my truck, some big time grocery shopping, stuff around the house including cleaning out the mountain of boxes we've had stacking up since Christmas, watched the new Jackass movie (it's pretty fun and super nostalgic) and then played that new Call of Duty mode with the tanks and shit with my brother and buddy. Overall, days off were super good. Weather has been super nice too. For the VHL we always got a ton of shit going on and now that we're in the off-season things have started picking up steam since I last did one of these. With that being said, let's go around the league with yours truly.

League Announcements and Links

S82 Off-season/S83 Season Schedule

Hybrid Attribute Changes

S82 Experience Points

VHLE Changes

Official VHL APP for iOS and Android

VHL

• I can't remember if I included it in my last one but @Doomsday was hired for the Toronto Legion GM job and @InstantRockstar was hired for the LA Stars GM job. Both were good hires for their roles and will do good things with their teams hopefully. LA Stars have had some challenges with superSTAR wanting out and losing a bunch of players to either FA or retirement. They're managed to turn it into an okay reversal though. Toronto is on the complete opposite end and will be one of two teams making good noise in the NA conference. 
  • NA CONFERENCE -Weak. Calgary ended up trading Eagles, Reinhart, Nashervov and Jokinen this off-season. Vancouver trades away Nalwa, Aberg and Kitson. DC managed to get a really decent core of D together, their goalie is coming along nicely in development, however, they lack overall depth up front. They're also running out on those magical firsts that everyone is looking for and I question how wise it would be to remove it. At the end of the day, I'm sure they're gonna be okay. Looking strictly at the rosters and not into the future, they're a MID team though. Always have been, apparently always will be.
  • EU CONFERENCE - HELSINKI is back! Florida Man, Jokinen and Nasherov are all new names to the team. They may actually be the team to beat in the EU. Warsaw found it in themselves to respond to DM's this season and it turns out when you do that, often good things have the potential of happening. They capitalized on the LA debacle and then added some strong pieces from Vancouver. It was an incredibly cheap off-season for them and will help them be the top team with Helsinki. The rest of the EU is still looking really good (better than the NA) and will be a blood bath conference this year. Hedge not gonna be happy???

VHLE

• Rome comes back to reverse the 3-0 on Bratislava. What a cool way to end Rockstar's career in the VHLE. I personally still don't like the VHLE. I understand the purpose of it all but didn't really enjoy the experience too much. No knocks against Barzy or anything. He's a hardworking GM that was one game away from winning it all. He puts in a ton of effort into everything on the daily. Just isn't my cup of team. 
  • Looks like @Baby Boomertook over Rome for Rockstar. No offence but I need to start creeping around the forums more because your name is a little less known that probably the other candidates. I guess that's what you get when you have all these leagues, all these teams and sometimes such high turnover rates. I wish you the best of luck in the role. GMing in these leagues can be a lot of fun and rewarding in some form of way. 
  • Looking at the trade section on the portal for the VHLE, looks like there has been 5 trades this off-season and somehow Vasteras was involved in all of them? Vasteras must be very busy trying to revive the legacy (never needed to be revived with how people on here always stoke the flames) and make their way towards a championship. Looks like rebuilding is in the cards but they managed to get some nice picks this off-season. Everyone else mostly standing still and remaining the same. A flood of trades and shit always happens at the start of the season. Come draft time, especially with the lower level GM's, you can expect a few more transactions to find their way through.

VHLM

• Saskatoon wild went all the way and honestly not super surprised. Houston, Saskatoon and Philadelphia were the teams that I had thought of winning it all once playoffs started. The one surprise I did have was not Saskatoon winning as mentioned, but the fact that Philadelphia lost out in 6 games to the eventual cup champions. I don't know why. I didn't pay too much attention but it seemed like Philly really dominated the entire season. Saskatoon hoist the cup in 7 games against the Houston Bulls.
  • The VHLM trade tracker on the portal is showing that we've had zero trades this off-season so far? That can't be true... usually the VHLM is popping off.. However, when you make your way to the forum to check things out, you'll notice no trades have been made. The VHLM is frozen and @Nobody is budging. This is more shocking to me than Philadelphia losing out honestly. The moment the off-season hits, VHLM GM's are usually swapping 4th round picks, trades an old player for two 2nds, three 3rds and a 7th round pick and all of that. This silence is strange. MORE TO COME. I expect draft day mayhem then!!
  • Adison Bond @adison currently sits on top of the VHLM for TPE in this seasons prospect pool. Svatopluk Puk ( @Otaznik), Napoleon Dynamite ( @thadthrasher) Callum Murray ( @Berocka)  and Cobalt Burns ( @Ledge) round out the Top 5 to make it a very exciting first round of drafting. This draft looks extremely healthy for the VHLM GM's and I could be wrong but looks like we're going to be going into 3 rounds of strong talent and depth picks for teams.

Spoiler

1,046 Words x 2 Weeks

March 28-April 3

April 4-April 10

Edited by Banackock