S82 Off-Season / S83 Season Schedule

Beketov

• Commissioner

I have a couple of quick notes to put here before we get into it. I know it’s weird but indulge me. First off, we are aware this is a week longer than usual, as I mentioned previously this is to give as much time as possible for the hybrid attribute transition. Secondly, we have intentionally placed the WJC in week , the WC in week 2, and the awards and such in week 3. This is to ideally spread things out as much as possible so that we don’t have a super exciting week and then 2 weeks of nothing. Thirdly, The cut off dates and depreciation are super early this season intentionally because of the need for GM’s to know in advance if any of their players are moving between leagues before the attributes get changed. I know this is especially annoying for the depreciation fighter cut-off but we need depreciation things handled before any re-rolls can be done. Lastly, Pre-season is going to actually be real this season, not just a re-create date. It’ll likely be 3 days but could be more. This is to allow us to account for any slider changes that may be required from the attributes changing so that we aren’t doing it mid-season. We therefore implore all GM’s to treat it like it’s the real season.

I think that’s everything. I know this one is gonna be a lot, I get it. We please ask that you try to make this transition as smooth as possible and respect that it will take a bit of time. Because there is so much to do and still a relatively short amount of time to do it the “subject to change” line is EXTREMELY subject to change this season. Things will get shifted as needed.

S82 OFF-SEASON / S83 SEASON SCHEDULE:
All Dates and times subject to change

Saturday, March 26th

Off-Season Begins

Sunday, March 27th

Experience Points Allocated

S83 Depreciation Fighter Cut-Off 

(Any players who wish to purchase a S83 depreciation fighter from the Player Store will no longer be eligible to do so after this date: The 'Jaromir Jagr', Still Kicking, Old But Not Forgotten)

S83 Finance TPE Cut-Off 

(all TPE earned, up to, and including, this date will affect salary brackets for S83) 

S83 VHLM / VHLE TPE Cut-Off  

(Any players who have earned 201 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S83. Likewise any players who have earned 401 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLE for S83.)  

Monday, March 28th

Depreciation

(Affects S76 / S77 / S78 Drafted Players)

WJHC Days 1-2

Tuesday, March 29th

WJHC Days 3-4

Wednesday, March 30th

WJHC Day 5 & Quarter Finals

All Players Re-Rolled

Thursday, March 31st

WJHC Semi Finals

Friday, April 1st

WJHC Medal Games

Saturday, April 2nd

World Cup Days 1 & 2

Sunday, April 3rd

World Cup Days 3 & 4

Monday, April 4th

World Cup Days 5 & Quarter Finals

S83 Retirement 

(Players can re-create for next season and their retired player will continue playing in this season)

Tuesday, April 5th

World Cup Semi Finals

S83 VHL Entry Draft @ 8pm EST

Wednesday, April 6th

World Cup Medal Games

Thursday, April 7th

Free Agent Discussions Open @ 12 PM EST

S83 VHLE Entry Draft @8pm EST

Friday, April 8th

Free Agency Open @ 12 PM EST

Saturday, April 9th

S82 VHL Awards Ceremony @ 8 PM EST

Sunday, April 10th

S83 Training Camps Open

S82 Hall of Fame Inductions

S82 VHL Awards Predictions Payout

S83 VHL Awards Predictions Open

S83 VHLM Entry Draft @ 6 PM EST

Monday, April 11th

S82 VHLE Awards Ceremony @ 8 PM EST

Tuesday, April 12th

S82 VHLM Awards Ceremony @ 8 PM EST

Friday, April 15th

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Stream with Beketov

Final day to Apply Hybrid Attributes

Saturday, April 16th

S83 VHL / VHLE / VHLM Indexes Posted

Sunday, April 17th

S83 Training Camps Close @ End of Day (11:59 PM EST)

S83 VHL / VHLE / VHLM Pre-Seasons Begin

S83 Awards Predictions Close @ 6 PM EST

Last day to purchase Prediction Modifiers

Wednesday, April 20th

S83 VHL / VHLE / VHLM Regular Seasons Begin

Monday, May 16th

S83 Trade Deadline @ 3PM EDT

Players may create for S85 VHL Entry Draft

Wednesday, May 25th

VHL / VHLE / VHLM Last Day of the Regular Season

Friday, May 27th

S83 Playoffs Begin

-----------

• Commissioner

I’m aware this is extremely spread out and we will condense things if everything is going well and we are able. I also encourage all members to have stream or game nights or such to pass the time as they are able and if they would like them added to the official schedule just message me and I will add them.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Friday, April 15th

Final day to Apply Hybrid Attributes

sorry if this is a dumb question and I simply can't read but when is the first day we can apply hybrid attributes?

26 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Lastly, Pre-season is going to actually be real this season, not just a re-create date. It’ll likely be 3 days but could be more. This is to allow us to account for any slider changes that may be required from the attributes changing so that we aren’t doing it mid-season. We therefore implore all GM’s to treat it like it’s the real season.

Also I gotta say this is one of the cooler things from this. Having a pre-season is actually really nice. I remember suggesting this. I know its more towards you guys for sliders, but this is a great tool for GMs for lines and such. Will this be a one time deal?

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

Also I gotta say this is one of the cooler things from this. Having a pre-season is actually really nice. I remember suggesting this. I know its more towards you guys for sliders, but this is a great tool for GMs for lines and such. Will this be a one time deal?

There was a time where it was seasonal but it became clear that people didn’t care about it (no one ever looked at them, GM’s didn’t send lines, etc) so it kinda became “why waste the time”

12 hours ago, Beketov said:

Friday, April 15th

Thank you for the bday present 🥰. Though I doubt I'll make it as it is a Friday 

• fishy unfeatured this topic
  • Commissioner

Of note @VHL GM @VHLM GM @VHLE GM: With the deadline for applying hybrid attributes drawing ever closer if you have players that don’t TECHNICALLY fall under inactive rules but clearly have not been around for some time and are likely to not return before the deadline then you can handle them as if they are inactive. If they return to activity the free re-roll is still present.

This is being offered to ensure that members who may have just been away a couple of weeks aren’t being retired unnecessarily.