What is the best live concert you attended

frescoelmo

My experience is quite limited so far, but Ghost is actually really good live (thanks for the rec, Bek). Volbeat performed with them the same night as co-headliners, and both were awesome live.

Machine Gun Kelly opened for Fall Out Boy a few years ago and he was actually better than I expected live. Would have thought he was the headliner.

Hopefully BMTH in September will be the best concert I've attended :D 

Warped Tour 2004 at the former Tweeter Center in Camden was the best show I have ever been to, also went when they were in Hershey. An absolutely incredibly lineup, including a huge list of my favorites: Acceptance, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed and Cambria, FOB, From First to Last, Good Charlotte, Matchbook Romance, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory (My favorite band), Rise Against, Senses Fail, Silverstein, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, Sugarcult, Taking Back Sunday, underOATH, The Used, Yellowcard. I was in freaking heaven.

Hawthorne Heights & Senses Fail 2021 at the Electric Factory in Philly was an awesome show. Two of my favorite bands since the early 2000's still had the same energy live 10 years later.

Paramore and New Found Glory at the Honda Civic Tour in 2010 was a great one also. Lil Wayne vs Drake at Susquehanna Bank Center (formally Tweeter Center, then BB&T Pavilion) the same year also very good.

I saw Phish in Toronto in 2019 and it was quite good. Apart from that, I’ve gotten myself out of the house lately to see a few acts, just about all of which I’ve had fun with. Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of seeing Goose (a relatively new-to-the-scene jam band), and it was FANTASTIC. I’d checked them out on Spotify before, but that truly doesn’t do the live shows justice. 

Tough to decide between Watch the Throne vs. DAMN

WTT was wild and I was in college still, so hella fun

DAMN Kendrick just had an amazing performance and it's easily one of my favourite albums

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I saw Phish in Toronto in 2019 and it was quite good. Apart from that, I’ve gotten myself out of the house lately to see a few acts, just about all of which I’ve had fun with. Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of seeing Goose (a relatively new-to-the-scene jam band), and it was FANTASTIC. I’d checked them out on Spotify before, but that truly doesn’t do the live shows justice. 

NGL, figured the Dead would be your top concert 😛

Two opposite ends of the music spectrum:

Chance the Rapper, festival shortly after Acid Rap came out (2013 I think). Everybody was fully engaged and ready to sing along, I was... not sober, was just the perfect headspace.

Dan Deacon, a friend of mine had an internship at an indie music label and they brought him to town in 2010-ish. He set up his turntables just right in the middle of everyone, ground level, and was a 3 hour dance party around him.

One of my first shows was Finch, the used and my chemical romance in 2003 which was pretty dope .

Otherwise I'd probably say 2019 Rockville (tool, korn, etc...) Was probably my favorite festival. 

Santana I've seen twice and he is pretty awesome as well.

Little disappointed I keep missing dead and company but I will see them eventually. John mayer is p dope (I presume he still tours w them).

1 hour ago, Quik said:

NGL, figured the Dead would be your top concert 😛

31 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Little disappointed I keep missing dead and company but I will see them eventually. John mayer is p dope (I presume he still tours w them).

Seen them twice! I’d like to this year as well, but I’m like 20% sure at best that I’ll be able to make it happen given the tour dates + times. 

It’s a great experience. Seeing as most who go are older, everyone’s got a story to tell about how they saw the original group back in ‘77 or something (I wish). Definitely one of the first names I search up for tour dates every spring. There’s some discourse among the fanbase that they’ve lost some energy—and I don’t entirely disagree, so maybe that’s why it wasn’t the first thing that came to mind—but as long as they’re out there, I’m going to enjoy it. 

And yes, Mayer is dope. His style is much more straightforward/bluesy than you’d hear from Jerry, but it’s still the real deal.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Bicep - but don't imagine they've at all made it to the other side of the pond.

Fleetwood Mac were good despite being ancient.

Damn I would love to see Bicep

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

And yes, Mayer is dope. His style is much more straightforward/bluesy than you’d hear from Jerry, but it’s still the real deal.

I think that's why I like him, I was more or less introduced to Mayer thru his John Mayer Trio album and not really his mainstream stuff, so I'm down for that (great album btw).

I usually go to a led zeppelin cover band 1-2 times a year cause they are goat

I went to Mayhem Fest in 2008, which was the first year it ran.  Had a bunch of bands but the main stage bands were Mastadon, DragonForce and then co-headlined by Slipknot and Disturbed.  I was super into Slipknot and Disturbed at this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_Festival_2008

This was awesome.  The only downer was the shitty friend of a friend who was with us.

One of the other ones that is memorable is when I saw Megadeth and one of my all time favorites Iron Maiden.  I'm not huge into Megadeth but they were fine.  Iron Maiden was just awesome. 

36 minutes ago, Garsh said:

I went to Mayhem Fest in 2008, which was the first year it ran.  Had a bunch of bands but the main stage bands were Mastadon, DragonForce and then co-headlined by Slipknot and Disturbed.  I was super into Slipknot and Disturbed at this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_Festival_2008

This was awesome.  The only downer was the shitty friend of a friend who was with us.

One of the other ones that is memorable is when I saw Megadeth and one of my all time favorites Iron Maiden.  I'm not huge into Megadeth but they were fine.  Iron Maiden was just awesome. 

Slipknot and disturbed were at the Rockville I went to last fall, disturbed was solid. Slipknot they played too much new shit, it was a shame. 

2 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Slipknot and disturbed were at the Rockville I went to last fall, disturbed was solid. Slipknot they played too much new shit, it was a shame. 

This was like peak slipknot time for me.  Cuz it was mostly Vol.3 which i love and Iowa which has several things I like.  The new album wasn't quite out yet but the first singles from it were, which were Psychosocial and  All Hope is Gone, both of which I like.