Stepping down from Cologne

BarzalGoat

Hi all! For those of you who have been a part of my journey in Cologne I have nothing but appreciation for you all. From not being a part of the inaugural season, to immediately getting Cologne the next; from being 1 game away from winning it all to losing 12 straight playoff games, I appreciate all of you in the parts you played in our journey together.

I don't think the E is perfect, and I really do have hope that it nails down its niche in the future, but putting up with the E hate definitely factored into this decision for me. The main factor is that I've found with real life responsibilities piling up I haven't had time for the little things like pressers, the Express Gazette, and frankly, I lost my drive to win. I had a blast, I never missed the playoffs, and I made some great friends along the way, for me, this is going out on top. Now time to focus on my player, and remember why I first fell in love with this league (twice).

Episode 5 Drinking GIF by The Bachelor

Only got to work with you for one season, and our playoff series consisted of all 1 goal games. Nothing but respect Barzy, really glad you’re sticking around with your player! Hope to see you back in the GM fold down the line! 🍻

You listened to your heart and that's the most important thing! Thank you for your time in the E! We didn't talk much together but I heard a lot of good things about your experience! Never forget who you are and be yourself! Looking forward to chatting together ✌️

Sad to see you step down. We had that bitter rivalry in the finals in my last season of the E and it was some of the most fun I've had as a GM honestly, was fun to face someone I consider a friend. 

Good luck on the future in the league, whatever it may be for you :)