My last season in Bratislava

FrostBeard

Howdy people!

It has been a bit since FrostBeard has posted anything like this in Media spots but here we are. 

My last season in Bratislava

It is really interesting that my last post about stepping down from a GM position was back in Februrary 8 of 2021. Back then I was a GM of Malmo Nighthawks and understood that my political campaigning took a bit too much away from my free time so I couldn't fullfil my GM job requirements for the forseeable future so decided to step down. 

You might think that we are talking about similar situation right now. 

Yes, probably many of you know that this is my last season as Bratislava Watchmen GM. 
Yes, I am stepping down due to my free will and because I feel like it is a good time to stop. 
No, I am not leaving the league - even more than that - I am here to show the league that I am more than ready to again go back to being a VHL GM. 

My time in VHLE has been incredible. Getting selected as one of the founding GM's for a new endevour was absolutely breathtaking. Taking up a team that has such a history with another Latvian GM is amazing. I couldn't ask for a better situation and having people like @Acydburnand @Victoras the 2 Commissioners there was absolutely amazing. With many changes, GMs moving out and leaving job posts, I have become the "Old man" of the VHLE. I kinda did setup myself a goal that this is going to be a stepping stone for returning back to VHL GMing. Right now however I do feel I want to give this position to someone who wants to be a VHLE GM right now, who wants to get that awesome experience to trade, draft, figure out the future of the great Watchmen franchise. 

Throughout these last 7 seasons (8 if you count in the S79 Tournament) I have had my ups and downs, have had wonderful AGM's - especially my good friends - @Shindigs and @leandrofg who I hope managed to learn something from me, though I highly doubt that as they were incredibly intelligent, knowing and amazing instantly when they joined in. I didn't really think I will need to trade so much away to have a competitive season but here we are - a new thing for the people to see - FrostBeard trading away all the draft picks (Yes, I am not even joking) but at least there should be players that could get some of that back next season. 

Basically, this whole post could have been a simple - Yes, I am leaving this postition, probably will try to go for an AGM position in VHL at some point soon, hoping for some good luck in the future GM applications but honestly, here we are. All that said, I am not really good at making these small posts so I have few people to say huge thanks to in these last 7 to 8 seasons in VHLE.

First of all - to my fellow VHLE GMs, especially to the ones who are in VHL - @InstantRockstar@thadthrasher, @Dil and @KaleebtheMighty - you are absolutely breathtaking and to me trading and having opportunities to work with you was an absolute charm - you are amazing individuals and I do hope to see many cups raised by LA, NY, London and Malmo. To my current GM friends - good luck, this season is amazing with how many teams are ready to compete - let's make it fun for our players as in the end - they are the reasons why we are here!

To people who have been pushing me to higher standarts - my dear AGMs @Shindigs and @leandrofg - you have achieved so much just by yourselves that all I can say is that without you both, Bratislava wouldn't be the same, you made it home, you made it awesome and you made sure that people valued what Bratislava name meant. You keep impressing me with your amazing work ethic and you keep pushing harder and harder to a point that I don't even know if I will ever be able to keep up.

To my amazing Bratislava players and alumni - I am not going to name anyone here specifically as all of you are a standard of excellence. Every single one of you is a Rolex. A standard of luxury and quality. You were amazing and I hope to have a chance to enjoy the VHL community together with you all and heck, maybe someday again have a chance to GM you.

Thank you VHLE.