Who I Think Should Be In The BOG

jacobcarson877

So recently the Board of Governors has reduced their numbers, and is looking to bring in some new faces. I’m not privy to their discussions, and I actually have no idea who is in it outside of the commissioners and the ones with the BOG tag on the forum and some/all of the VHL GMs?

But anyways I wanted to come forward with some people that I think should be in that group.

(they may already be, but how am I supposed to know)

(this should really be a publicly available list to be honest, and it might be but I don’t know where it is)

@MubbleFubbles

Mubbles has been around for a long time, is a very active member, especially when it comes to forum content. He has picked up rjfryman’s draft class ranking project, and the visualizers and a super fun series on randomly picking players from the portal and ranking them. Has been a huge part of the turnaround of the VHLE, and has proven to be one of the most avid earners in the league.

@badcolethetitan

Cole hasn’t been around as long as some, but that doesn’t always matter when it comes to BOG membership. Cole has been reliable, running Mexico City for some time now, with a reputation of being one of the best mentors this league has to offer. Cole is a role model for new members and is a name with some authority among the VHLM community.

@Lemorse7

Lemorse is the pinnacle of activity in sim leagues, and is always out and about spreading cheer on Discord. Lemorse is also notorious for being a great mentor, and an incredible bridge across the various sim leagues out there. Lemorse has a wealth of experience across multiple leagues, and has been a GM for all of them at both a developmental and top-league level. There is no one who has seen more than Lemorse, and bringing that wealth of experience to the BOG is key.

@leandrofg

Another one of those people that has been key to rebuilding the reputation of the VHLE. Not only has Leandro proven to be a winning GM, but also a key contributor to the VHLE’s rules, proposals and general discourse. Leandro has proven that the VHLE has a purpose, separate from the VHLM and VHL, and should be one of the voices that gets to decide its path. Don’t let this detract from Leandro’s ability to manager the other leagues as well, as a very active and intelligent member in the VHL, and a developmental wizard, with bright ideas about the VHLM.

Thanks for the shoutout Jacob, think you would be a very good candidate for the BOG as well! 

6 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

(this should really be a publicly available list to be honest, and it might be but I don’t know where it is)

So we used to use this thread here, but it doesn't appear to have had an edit since 2021 as it lists BigAL as an active commissioner. So the most up-to-date place to find BOG members would be at https://vhlforum.com/staff/. On top of those listed in the BOG section, anyone who used to be a VHL commissioner has access to the BOG but aren't necessarily considered members of it, just can access it and provide opinions as they please (I think for the most part they usually just give them the BOG group now, but the older commissioners like Jardy aren't listed as BOG but have forum masks that let them see the BOG). 

Edited by MubbleFubbles

8 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

So recently the Board of Governors has reduced their numbers, and is looking to bring in some new faces. I’m not privy to their discussions, and I actually have no idea who is in it outside of the commissioners and the ones with the BOG tag on the forum and some/all of the VHL GMs?

But anyways I wanted to come forward with some people that I think should be in that group.

@MubbleFubbles

Mubbles has been around for a long time, is a very active member, especially when it comes to forum content. He has picked up rjfryman’s draft class ranking project, and the visualizers and a super fun series on randomly picking players from the portal and ranking them. Has been a huge part of the turnaround of the VHLE, and has proven to be one of the most avid earners in the league.

@badcolethetitan

Cole hasn’t been around as long as some, but that doesn’t always matter when it comes to BOG membership. Cole has been reliable, running Mexico City for some time now, with a reputation of being one of the best mentors this league has to offer. Cole is a role model for new members and is a name with some authority among the VHLM community.

@Lemorse7

Lemorse is the pinnacle of activity in sim leagues, and is always out and about spreading cheer on Discord. Lemorse is also notorious for being a great mentor, and an incredible bridge across the various sim leagues out there. Lemorse has a wealth of experience across multiple leagues, and has been a GM for all of them at both a developmental and top-league level. There is no one who has seen more than Lemorse, and bringing that wealth of experience to the BOG is key.

@leandrofg

Another one of those people that has been key to rebuilding the reputation of the VHLE. Not only has Leandro proven to be a winning GM, but also a key contributor to the VHLE’s rules, proposals and general discourse. Leandro has proven that the VHLE has a purpose, separate from the VHLM and VHL, and should be one of the voices that gets to decide its path. Don’t let this detract from Leandro’s ability to manager the other leagues as well, as a very active and intelligent member in the VHL, and a developmental wizard, with bright ideas about the VHLM.

5 hours ago, Dom said:

You forgot @jacobcarson877smh

CZG1i0h.png