The rivalry of the S88 draft class

Baby Boomer

Welcome everyone,

This week is THEME WEEK, and the theme is rivalries. I read a lot of media spot and there are some really good ones, but (maybe I missed it) I did not see anyone talking about a rivalry in a whole draft class. Almost everyone can agree that S88 is and will be a really really good draft class. Indeed, there a lot of good players and the S88 VHL entry draft will be interesting to watch. In this media spot, I will not do a mock draft, but I will present you all the best players of this cohort in term of TPE.

Jacob Stone – D @scoop

With already 335 TPE, Jacob Stone is by far the player with the most TPE. Before the S87 VHLM dispersal draft announced that he was going to skip the M and play immediately in the VHLE. With the number of TPE he currently has, I would not be surprised if plays in the VHL next season. Stone has 19 goals and 37 assists for 56 points in 51 games with the Stockholm Vikings. He is sixth among all the defenseman in the league in for the number of points (56) and for the number of shots blocked (122). Jacob is earning at the very fast pace, and he will logically get drafted first in the upcoming VHL entry draft.

FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist – RW @STZ

FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist currently has 297 TPE and they will probably be the second player to hit the 300 TPE among this draft class. Even if Analfist could have easily skipped the M too, they decided to stay in the VHLM for one last season and the Ottawa Lynx decided to draft them 1st overall. If they continue to earn like that, FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY will also probably play in the VHL next season. With the Lynx, they currently have 33 goals and 38 assists for a total of 71 points in 50 games. They also have a differential of +33 which places them seventh in the league in this category.

BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson – RW @JardyB10

Bjorka is the second and last player to have made the jump in the VHLE this season. They currently have 282 TPE and they play with the stacked Cologne Express. The Express are currently first in the VHLE, and they have a really good forwards group, so Bjorka does not have the ice time they would have had in the VHLM. This is why they only have 10 goals and 9 assists for a total of 19 points in 53 games. This is a difficult season for them and maybe they will drop some spot in the next draft. However, I am sure they are going to have a brilliant career.

Bobby Bob – D @Baby Boomer

Bobby Bob (my personal favourite) was drafted 5th overall by the Houston Bulls and he probably is one of the biggest steal of the S87 VHLM dispersal draft (lol). Bob currently has 274 TPE with 17 goals and 62 assists for a total of 79 points in 51 games. Bobby is first in assists in the league in points among the defenseman and even in the top 10 in the league for the number of points. He also has 11 power play goals which places him 3rd in the league in this category. Just like all the other players above him, if Bobby Bob continues to earn TPE at this pace, he will probably play immediately in the VHL next season.

Merome Dilson – G @MexicanCow123

There are a lot of really good goalies in the VHL at the moment and Merome Dilson is the going to have to work hard if he wants to be a starter in the VHL one day. For now, Dilson just got traded to the Houston Bulls and with Bobby Bob the Bulls have only one goal: the Cup. In 62 games in the VHLM, Merome has 41 wins and 15 losses and 6 losses in overtime with a save percentage of 0.904% and an average of goals against of 2.77. Since he is a goalie, Merome will probably play one season in the VHLE before making the jump in the VHL.

Mark Calaway – D @Beketov

Mark Calaway is already the third defenseman of this draft class, but I am really worried about him. Indeed, drafted 2nd overall by the Halifax 21st,Calaway has 21 goals and 35 assists for a total of 56 points in 50 games. He is also 4th in points among the defenseman and 3rd in power play goal in the league with 11. Mark will probably play one more season in the VHLE, but he could make an early start and play as soon as next season in the VHL. If I had to choose one player that is going be a comparison of Bobby Bob, it would be him. It will be really interesting to follow both careers.

Jasper Davis – C @Josh

Finally, we have Jasper Davis, the 8th overall picks of the San Diego Marlins. He currently has 28 goals and 23 assists for a total of 51 games in 51 games. Davis is the only center of the draft class that will be drafted in the top 10, so he will probably move up a couple spot if a team really needs a center. Jasper has “only” 248 TPE, so he will almost certainly play in the VHLE next season, before playing in the big league in two seasons.

I would like to finish this media spot with some honorable mentions. First, to Moritz Stauffer @GoodLeftUndone who currently has 238 TPE and plays with the Halifax 21st. Second, to Gregger Mckeggegger @TheNeonShaman (218 TPE) that plays with the Ottawa Lynx. Finally, to Francesco Mancini @GioSivo, a first gen, who has 195 TPE and plays with the San Diego Marlins.

This draft class is a really good one and we can all agree with that, but what might be more difficult to guess is when and where these guys are going to get drafted. So, who do you think is going to get drafted in the top 3?