Podcaster Tournament of Champions

Thunder

A couple weeks ago, theme week sparked a variety of rivalries that have been lurking in the shadows for quite some time.  And no, I’m not talking about the never ending rivalry between Jake Thunder and Brian Payne, but I’m bringing up a renewed rivalry between two of the top podcasters in the VHL, @Berocka and @JardyB10.  This rivalry coming to the forefront of podcasters has presented an upcoming ballot for the VHL community to decide who is the best podcaster.  The way I see it, this is a problem because it doesn’t give other VHL podcasters the opportunity to put their names in the hat so before you put the vote in place, Berocka, hear me out.

I’m proposing a Podcasting Tournament of Champions, sort of.  This tournament would end out lasting a few weeks as each week two podcasters would face off and compete against each other, with the loser being eliminated and the winner facing another challenger.  Now, when its all said and done, its likely that Berocka and Jardyb10 will be facing each other for the championship.  And since this is my article, I have come up with a Podcasting Tournament of Championship Simulation. Here goes:

The PTOC is divided into two divisions, the .com division and the media spot division.  The placements were randomly selected; however the seeding was determined by me after the podcasters were placed in their respective divisions.

The .com Division consists of the following podcasters:

#1 Seed @Berocka

#2 Seed @Spartan

#3 Seed @MubbleFubbles

#4 Seed @Ahma

#5 Seed @Phil

#6 Seed @DarkSpyro

The Media Spot Division consists of the following podcasters:

#1 Seed @JardyB10

#2 Seed @FrostBeard

#3 Seed @ctots

#4 Seed @Hogan

#5 Seed @nurx

#6 Seed @UnknownMinion

There may be other podcasters I’ve listened to but they did not make the cut and are not in the first ever PTOC.  The format is as follows:  Seeds #1 and #2 in each division receive a first round bye.  Seed #3 goes against Seed #6, while Seed #4 goes against Seed #5.  The winners advance, the losers go home.  In round two, highest seed versus lowest seed remaining, while the two seeds between top and lower face off.  The winners go on to the division championship to determine who represents their respective divisions.

Round 1

.com Division

#3 seed @MubbleFubbles versus #6 seed @DarkSpyro

This battle comes down to a daring comedian against a true podcaster with a professional voice.  Both podcasters present their cases quite well, but there can only be one to move on.  In a close battle the winner is: @MubbleFubbles.

#4 seed @Ahmaversus #5 seed @Phil

@Phil comes out strong with determination to win and endures a long discussion; however @Ahma stays focused and brings his A game only to find that he is much stronger with his sidekick @FrostBeard.  The winner is @Phil

Media Spot Division

#3 seed @ctots versus #6 seed @UnknownMinion

It appears to be an easy win as @UnknownMinion starts out with confidence to better his opponent, while @ctots appears to be getting intoxicated while recording.  Loud sounds of crusty snow impairs @UnknownMinion while @ctots speaks to the fans about his personal life.  The winner is: @ctots

#4 seed @Hogan versus #5 seed @nurx

Both podcasters come out equal and it goes without saying that either podcaster deserves to advance to the next round.  They each bring their strengths with their speaking abilities.  Once again, there can only be one winner.  The winner is: @Hogan

Second Round

.com Division

#1 seed @Berocka versus #5 seed @Phil

@Berocka immediately shows why he’s the #1 seed in his division and dominates @Phil in all categories, leaving @Phil in awe of his competitor.  In the end, @Berocka gives @Phil some podcasting secrets, giving @Philan edge if the competition were to be double elimination.  The winner is:  @Berocka

#2 seed @Spartan versus #3 seed @MubbleFubbles

@Spartan initially shows some rusty moments as he starts the podcast while @MubbleFubbles enjoys having a cheerful accent and gets the fans roaring.  As @Spartan makes his way to work, he comes across some irritating Jersey traffic and wows the fans with some flair and superlatives.  The winner is:  @Spartan

Media Spot Division

#1 seed @JardyB10 versus #4 seed @Hogan

As expected @JardyB10 dominates the radio waves with wit, class, and a fluid conversation while @Hogan appears to stumble now and then even though he demonstrated why he deserved to face off against the top seed.  The winner is:  @JardyB10

#2 seed @FrostBeard versus #3 seed @ctots

@ctots is unable to measure up to @FrostBeard and his VHL knowledge and experience.  There was a moment that @ctots bounced back with some interesting history of his life and he came close to winning by throwing in some disc golf, but @FrostBeard showed endurance by going the distance without slowing.  The winner is @FrostBeard

Division Championships

.com Division

#1 seed @Berocka versus #2 seed @Spartan

@Spartan is sidetracked with his job while @Berocka is distracted by his fiancé making the contest very close.  When its all said and done, only one does more podcasts and entertains consistently.  The winner is:  @Berocka

Media Spot Divsion

#1 seed @JardyB10 versus #2 seed @FrostBeard

This turned out to be the podcasting match of the tournament, going into double overtime.  The podcasters were neck and neck in content, humor, and speech.  With only a few seconds remaining in the second overtime, a technical foul was called on @FrostBeard, as it was learned that he had assistance by his boss and podcasting buddy, @Ahma.  The winner by default is:  @JardyB10

The Podcasting Tournament of Champions - Final Round

.com #1 seed @Berocka versus media spot #1 seed @JardyB10

@Berocka starts out quick and with force, presenting several points in his favor, while @JardyB10 plays defense for the first several minutes and out of desperation throws out some strong blockers causing @Berocka to react out of frustration.  Back and forth they go and each podcaster presenting their best.  Both sides have a few loyal fans while most of the crowd remain neutral and enjoy the contest.  @Berockaappeals to the women with his accent, while @JardyB10 seeks support by dog lovers.

In true sportsmanship, both podcasters respect each other as they should; however, some good shit gets thrown against the wall to see what sticks.  This contest goes on and on and is not going to end without a vote by the VHL.  So, when the voting comes out, be sure to cast your vote to determine the true winner of the 1st ever Podcasting Tournament of Champions.

Now, there is actually one winner in this simulation.  And that would be Thunder, because I just realized that this article is over 1000 words and I can count it for next week when I’m back east.

1138 words

This was really cool!  I was hoping for a bit more analysis of each podcaster in terms of organization, sound quality and other relevant categories but I understand how long that would actually take to put together.

8 hours ago, Triller said:

This was really cool!  I was hoping for a bit more analysis of each podcaster in terms of organization, sound quality and other relevant categories but I understand how long that would actually take to put together.

Started out as a spoof on Berocka’ s and jardy’s rivalry.  Then realized there are some talented podcasters.  Every one of them could actually win if it was a real contest

8 hours ago, nurx said:

was I prepared to be judged for a PT type I haven't done in like 3 months? no. am I surprised I was a first round exit? no. am I happy this exists? yes

Its a made up contest!!  I bet if it were a real contest, you’d stand a better chance than my input.

12 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I had to eliminate you somehow!!  Only way was to bring Ahma in the mix..  cheers

The fact that I lost to @JardyB10is amazing. Jardy is probably the greatest human being to exist in this world since the dawn of time. 

26 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

The fact that I lost to @JardyB10is amazing. Jardy is probably the greatest human being to exist in this world since the dawn of time. 

Funny as this is exactly how long he is in this league ;)

1 hour ago, ctots said:

Podcasting drunk? Sounds my speed. Fun article, and not a half bad idea to implement in full scale! It gets the people going!

@Berockagot the ball rolling with his rivalry against @JardyB10  He’s in charge of making it happen…

On 3/1/2023 at 5:28 AM, UnknownMinion said:

I was told people liked the snow and the asmr more than my podcast so I made it a point and now it’s bad. I’m lost

Nah, its not bad…. I had to come up with something to have you lose tho!  If this was a real contest, it’d be really hard to pick a winner.  You’d be in the running for top podcaster.