VHLE Still Missing From VHL HOF

Doomsday

VHLE Still Missing From HOF

missing-rubber-stamp-vector.jpg?s=612x61

Now in its eighth season, it has become increasingly obvious that the Victory Hockey League Europe, the second step of a player's career towards the Victory Hockey League itself, is the red-headed stepchild of the league. What seemed like initial hatred towards the league due to it being new and different has not subsided at all, and appears to be much deeper rooted than initially suspected. It does not seem like these negative feelings will end anytime soon, especially not when even the VHL itself does not even recognize the existence of the VHLE at the Hall of Fame.

Indeed, there is no mention whatsoever of the VHLE to be found at the VHL Hall of Fame. No records of Renaissance Cup winners, no records of award winners, even VHLE statistics are simply not present at the mecca where everything VHL-related is celebrated. It seems like such a minor, trivial issue, and in the grand scheme of things, it is, but at the same time, it is quite the slight to the VHLE to be so completely and utterly ignored.

1lj6ra.jpg?a466176

Attitudes towards the VHLE need to change for the better in order for it to ever been a part of the league that members recognize as anything other than a waste of time. In order for that to happen, though, the VHL first needs to acknowledge that by including the history and statistics of the VHLE in the Hall of Fame. It's time.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the premium purveyor of simulation sports news. He enjoys the Giants overpaying a bum quarterback, breakdance fighting, and being so real with Jeff Buckley.

I agree!  You'd think with all the lessons learned and tools created for record keeping in the M and VHL that the E would have offered a chance to do it right from the beginning.  It is clear that there is still a lot of negativity towards the E though this is likely not what is delaying the HOF update.  Last season's VHL HOF banner hasn't even been added yet.

When I was making the Renaissance Cup it was a bit more of a pain than the others because of the lack of the HOF banners.

• Commissioner

From the last I heard the coding is actually completely done and I have been making Renaissance Cup banners since the beginning. The holdup is from not having the images for the different awards because making them keeps getting pushed aside and because we've used basically every decent trophy photo between the VHL and VHLM.

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

From the last I heard the coding is actually completely done and I have been making Renaissance Cup banners since the beginning. The holdup is from not having the images for the different awards because making them keeps getting pushed aside and because we've used basically every decent trophy photo between the VHL and VHLM.

Time to break out the old gymnastic trophies. 

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I Love U Ily GIF by i-love-you

Also @Triller your next assignment as my AGM is to make trophy graphics for the VHLE

Edited by AJW

• Commissioner
43 minutes ago, Triller said:

Last season's VHL HOF banner hasn't even been added yet.

This is also made, @Victor just be slacking :P

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

The holdup is from not having the images for the different awards because making them keeps getting pushed aside and because we've used basically every decent trophy photo between the VHL and VHLM.

I gave those to Dil last off-season, so that's not the holdup anymore.

• Commissioner
32 minutes ago, Enorama said:

I gave those to Dil last off-season, so that's not the holdup anymore.

@Dil it’s you turn to pass the buck I guess haha