S88 Experience Points + Experience for VHLM & VHLE!

Beketov

• Commissioner

Season 88 Experience Points

Congratulations to all @Members for the completion of another successful VHL season, as well as to the London United for taking home their first Continental Cup. As always, with the season past, all VHL players have earned some more experience....

But wait, that's not all! Before I get into the usual yada yada I want to point out the rest of the title up there: Experience for VHLM & VHLE! The commish team and BOG have decided that the time is right to have the VHLM and VHLE receiving some experience as well. Now there's will not be as complicated or plentiful but it's still something. Anyone who participated in the VHLM or VHLE in S88 is eligible to claim 3 Experience Points.

Okay, moving into the rest of the post now.

How to Claim

Claim experience in the Player Management area by clicking the 'CLAIM UNCAPPED' button, select Off-Season, then select Experience from the dropdown. Enter the amount of Experience you are eligible for as described below and link to this thread.

Once approved, the Experience will be added directly to your player's experience attribute. You do not need to apply it yourself. 

NOTE: YOU CAN NOT CARRY OVER EXPERIENCE POINTS EARNED BY A RETIRED PLAYER ONTO A RECREATE

Partial VHL Season - 2 points (Less than 72 GP in VHL, unless due to a trade)
Playoffs - 2 Points
Finals - 1 Point

VHLE (Any Amount) - 3 Points

VHLM (Any Amount) - 3 Points

Example: Marcel Janser played for London and won in the finals. They get 5 for a full season, 2 for playoffs, and 1 for finals.

For the most part, members of these teams will receive:

CALGARY - 7
CHICAGO - 7

DAVOS - 7

DC - 5

HELSINKI - 5

LONDON - 8

LOS ANGELES - 7

MALMO - 5
MOSCOW - 7

NEW YORK - 5

PRAGUE - 7
RIGA - 7

SEATTLE - 8
TORONTO - 5
VANCOUVER - 7

WARSAW - 5

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

NOTE: YOU CAN NOT CARRY OVER EXPERIENCE POINTS EARNED BY A RETIRED PLAYER ONTO A RECREATE

Try and stop me 😎

23 hours ago, Steve said:

I wish it was posted on the date the events page said so my retired player could have claimed it. 

Is this because you wanted the extra for carryover?  Because im pretty sure  exp doesn't count towards your tpe total.

Edit - oh i see you are retired but playing this season i think.  That makes sense.

Edited by Garsh

4 minutes ago, Garsh said:

Is this because you wanted the extra for carryover?  Because im pretty sure  exp doesn't count towards your tpe total.

Edit - oh i see you are retired but playing this season i think.  That makes sense.

In old VHL lore. Experience was a very strong and magical attribute to have. The league had to handle it's level very carefully. It is supposed to make your player excel compared to and similar build with low experience. Maybe this is how Simon intended to keep older aging players from totally sucking after regression. Oh well, who believes in lore of an age long gone. Yes, Max is playing and would have 98 experience if it were posted on the event page date. 

• Josh unpinned this topic
On 6/13/2023 at 5:29 PM, Steve said:

In old VHL lore. Experience was a very strong and magical attribute to have.

Wait, does experience not carry this same weight anymore? Because what you explained is how my brain interpreted this attribute to work.

58 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

Wait, does experience not carry this same weight anymore? Because what you explained is how my brain interpreted this attribute to work.

It doesn't seem to be turned up at all. I wish the league would be more transparent with the sim engine settings. It might give players an idea of what kind of build works best. It's just my opinion though but it sure seems different from how builds worked well before the hybrid era. If you research hard enough, you can find some information about this version and what does work and what doesn't do squat. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Steve said:

It doesn't seem to be turned up at all. I wish the league would be more transparent with the sim engine settings. It might give players an idea of what kind of build works best. It's just my opinion though but it sure seems different from how builds worked well before the hybrid era. If you research hard enough, you can find some information about this version and what does work and what doesn't do squat. 

We changed absolutely no settings in the engine when we switched over to hybrid so nothing is tuned differently. There's also no tuning for experience as far as I can see so we couldn't have tuned it if we wanted to.

As for being more transparent, all we could really do is give the sliders which wouldn't really indicate anything of value.

11 minutes ago, Beketov said:

We changed absolutely no settings in the engine when we switched over to hybrid so nothing is tuned differently. There's also no tuning for experience as far as I can see so we couldn't have tuned it if we wanted to.

As for being more transparent, all we could really do is give the sliders which wouldn't really indicate anything of value.

Call me old fashioned, but knowing the setting for skills would be great to know. Thanks for all you do for the community Beketov. 

2 minutes ago, Steve said:

knowing the setting for skills would be great to know

Keeping this limited to the simmer team is preferable imo, don't want to deal with the test simming that ruins leagues and leads to exploits being discovered. My 2 cents

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Steve said:

Call me old fashioned, but knowing the setting for skills would be great to know. Thanks for all you do for the community Beketov. 

I think you misunderstand what the settings are though. The sliders aren’t like “Scoring has X weight, passing has Y weight” sorta thing. If they were then we wouldn’t have needed the hybrid attributes because we just could have tuned things. All the sliders do is affect how much of a given thing (goals, hits, penalties, that sort of thing) happen in a given game. Knowing them wouldn’t really be able to influence builds at all because they are just arbitrary figures and affect everyone universally.

5 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Keeping this limited to the simmer team is preferable imo, don't want to deal with the test simming that ruins leagues and leads to exploits being discovered. My 2 cents

Also this. Leagues that get way too in depth with their settings in public inevitably lead to way too much test simming which not only increases the likelihood that exploits are found but also means, in theory, to succeed a GM requires both a ton of time to test and the money to buy a copy of the engine, not that it’s really expensive.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:11 PM, Steve said:

I wish it was posted on the date the events page said so my retired player could have claimed it. 

@Beketov any reason why I can't just go in and manually apply it to Torq on the back end?

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Enorama said:

@Beketov any reason why I can't just go in and manually apply it to Torq on the back end?

Nah it’s probably fine honestly.

• Spartan unfeatured this topic