16 Shoutouts

ctots

I don’t know about you guys, but the news that the VHL is 16 years old really blew my hair back. That’s a long time for fellas to gather around a pretend hockey league, and I love that. It speaks to the power of community, and specifically this community. You guys are great. In honor of all of you and in honor of the VHL’s 16th birthday, I’m giving out 16 shoutouts to users who help make the league amazing.

@JardyB10 – Starting off strong with the influential legend himself. Jardy my dude, your podcasting skills are unmatched. Truly something to behold. I sincerely BjorkBjorn breaks their ankles in Europe and is forced to retire early just so you have an excuse to make more content. The people demand it, Jardy. I know your adult life driving on rural roads and heating minerals is thrilling and wonderful, but you can do both. You can do it all.

@MubbleFubbles – our first interaction was me asking you to be my co-gm in the OST for Team Royals, when Team Clue was an option and your player was TBGCOS. I had no idea that’s who your player was, and I’m glad that I made that faux pas because you’re a cool dude and I enjoyed learning about GMing from you. It’s a fond memory from my early times here. Your podcasts are always enjoyable and insightful, too. Top marks all around.

@Lemorse7– No one in the VHL thought to ask if we needed more red pandas around until you got here and made it clear that the league needs at least one red panda around all the time. You’re a true discord amigo. I don’t even think we’ve played on the same team before, and that’s beautiful to me.

@Thunder – My favorite shark in the league by far. So glad I got to spend some time hanging in the locker room with you. I really appreciate being included in your media spots and stuff – nothing delights me more than getting a ping from one of your articles.

@JB123 – Oslo’s best GM ever, hands down. Your welcoming attitude when I came on as AGM was really reassuring. Thanks for all the good that you bring to the VHL.

@Enorama – Eno! You got Baxter Arcanum a cup! D.C. is legendary (in my mind) and it’s all thanks to you. From the dog pics to the gallery wall to the book discussions, I ate up every bit of that locker room. Somehow you filled it with delicious culture, and I’m sure it wasn’t easy. You’re a master of your craft.

@FrostBeard – Third in the shoutouts in terms of my former GMs, but #1 in my heart. Bees and streaming, what more could we ask for? 

@Grape – Thanks for keeping Ottawa competitive this season. We’ve had some struggles with bad luck and OTLs, but spirits are high and we all appreciate the effort that you’re putting in to lead the team.

@thadthrasher – Thad, you’re the moral compass that this league needs. Or really you’re just a generally good person who cares, and those are rare qualities. I encourage you to continue being great.

@samx – You do too much. You’re in all the discords. You might be AI. In spite of all that, you’re a really important part of the community. VHL wouldn’t be the same without you talking about how much you don’t want to be around the children under your care.

@Berocka – Berocka for Elmebeck. Every season. All of the work you do for the league is valuable. I love Super Coach! I also love Bite Sized Berocka. Bonus shout out to your kiwi friend Buruku. You’re lighthearted and positive and that provides good balance to some of the gloomier figures in the league.

@dasboot – I’m sorry I missed the heyday of you and Berocka doing VHLN Australia, but I’ve listened through a lot of the backlog in the last year or so. You make a great teammate in the Lynx LR, and I hope we get a chance to play together again in the bigs.

@Spartan – When I think of forum activity, I think of you. You’re always approving my updates, which is much appreciated. You also tend to be one of the first people to react or comment on my content, which is super cool and shows how involved you are. I’d be scared to get in a car with you, but I’d trust you with mostly anything else.

@Daniel Janser – You know in the Avatar movie, where there’s that big bird dinosaur thing that just cruises high in the sky without a worry because he’s so strong and well-respected? You’re the VHL version of that weird dinosaur bird. I mean this in the kindest, most respectful way possible. You’re an unstoppable force. Respect.

@Tate – I haven’t heard from you in a while but I found your podcasts to be super relatable – our kids are around the same age I think. Also really love your delivery of *PACIFIC* when reading the time. You’re a swell guy.

@jRuutu – You’re the resident pot-stirrer of the league, and that’s what I love about you. You really know how to get the people riled up and create some conversation. You raise interesting points, too. Thanks for keeping an eye on the people in charge for us.

Thanks for making the VHL a good place on the internet.

Edited by ctots

8 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I've never crashed or gotten a ticket in my entire life wtf is this 

That is either a testimony to your driving skills or to your elusiveness... or the reason why Ctots does not want to share a car has nothing to do with your driving skills, but with the choice words you heap on the mor*** and m*********ers on the road, who are either too slow, hug the left lane or cut you off (or a combination of the three)... ;)

2 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

choice words you heap on the mor*** and m*********ers on the road, who are either too slow, hug the left lane or cut you off (or a combination of the three)... ;)

Ever heard of playing things up for the CONTENT? I don't think I've ever actually cursed someone out on the road audibly lol. Most of the time I'm just chilling to my music.

1 hour ago, ctots said:

@sam – You do too much. You’re in all the discords. You might be AI. In spite of all that, you’re a really important part of the community. VHL wouldn’t be the same without you talking about how much you don’t want to be around the children under your care.

Shoutout to @samx's multi!

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

I've never crashed or gotten a ticket in my entire life wtf is this 

This is new information for me - I assumed your history was littered with totaled vehicles. Let’s go on a road trip

14 minutes ago, samx said:

hey it's not that I don't want to be around them. I just want them to listen for once.

2 minutes ago, samx said:

who did u originally tag lmao

the sam without the x. I won't tag them again because we all know you're the true sam

6 hours ago, samx said:

hey it's not that I don't want to be around them. I just want them to listen for once.

That it is difficult to achieve with one's own kids... and the job is not made easier if you get all the responsibility and none of the authority. I could not do it and I salute you for your efforts.

I originally thought I’d do podcasts for shits and giggles, but turns out it was easier to be inactive 😅. I’ll produce something eventually probably!

Appreciate the shoutout but appreciate you as a person even more! ❤️