S90 Best Trio Award

Mysterious_Fish

S90 Unofficial Awards

Best Trio Award

As I said in the Best Duo Award article, a couple weeks ago I suggested two awards. The Best Duo and Best Trio award. This is the Best Trio Award, which is given to the best trio in the league that helped their team out. This award can be given to any combination of trios like three forwards, three defensemen, a forward, defense and a goalie and so on.

The first league that will be getting this award is the VHL as they are the league everyone wants to make. The first nominees for this award took me a bit to narrow the nominees down to three trios but here are the nominees.

Forward Jason @Jason kranz, Forward Vincent Laroche-Gagnier (VLG) @vincentlg2007 and Defender Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister of the D.C. Dragons

Forward Todd Cooke @KRZY, Goalie Art Vandelay @Gustav and Forward Napoleon Dynamite @thadthrasher of the Los Angeles Stars

Defender Skor McFleury @Alex, Goalie Lachlan Summers @kirbithan and Forward James Teekirque @Mongoose87 of the HC Davos Dynamo

The VHL didn’t really have any good trios that didn’t involve a good duo. So all of these nominees have nominees for the Best Duo award. The first nominee I will be talking about is the D.C. Dragons trio. 

Jason, VLG and Ryuji Sakamoto had some good seasons. All three of them ended up in the top 10 in points, Sakamoto having the least amount of points. Jason led the league in goals this season with 55 points, nine goals ahead of the 2nd player in goals Yaroslav Bogatyrev of the Seattle Bears. While getting 55 goals Jason also picked up an impressive 60 assists for a total of 115 points which was second in the league. VLG was fourth in points and got the same amount of assists as Jason did goals. I wonder why they were nominated for the Best Duo award. Anyways VLG got 45 goals, 55 assists for exactly 100 points this season, a great season in his first season with the Dragons. Ryuji Sakamoto was a good offensive defensemen having the second most points from defenders only behind Skor McFleury. Sakamoto got 16 goals, 77 assists for 93 points. He did great getting points this season and he also got 204 hits and 196 shots blocked. What a great season had by all from this D.C. trio.

Next we have the L.A. Stars trio of Todd Cooke, Napoleon Dynamite and the team's goalie Art Vandelay. Cooke led the entire league in points, having an amazing season gathering 41 goals, 77 assists for 118 points. He had no obstacles unless you say he didn’t score as much. Napoleon Dynamite rounded out the top ten in points and had a great season alongside Cooke. Dynamite got 40 goals, 49 assists for 89 points. He ended the season tied with Wann Kerr of the Vancouver Wolves. Vandelay had one of the best seasons in the VHL getting the second most wins and the third most shutouts. Vandelay got a record of 45-16-3 while posting a .925 save percentage and a 2.37 GAA while getting 5 shutouts. This great trio helped the Stars finish fifth in the entire league.

Well I was kinda surprised by this, we have a forward, defender and a goalie trio. This trio is the great trio from the HC Davos Dynamo. This trio consists of forward James Teekirque, defender Skor McFleury and goalie Lachlan Summers. Teekirque was the addition to the Davos Best duo of McFleury and Summers but he still had a great season. Teekirque got 43 goals, 45 assists for 88 points. He finished the season 12th in points but still had a big part in this trio. McFleury was the best defender in the league in my opinion being a great offensive defensemen getting a total of 25 goals, 71 assists for 96 points. To be a good offensive defensemen you can’t just put up points, you also have to do well as a defender. McFleury did just that, getting 211 hits and blocking 150 shots.Summers, Summers, Summers, what a great season. Without a doubt Summers is the best goalie in the VHL this season. Summers had an amazing season getting a record of 49-12-3 while posting a .938 save percentage and a 2.06 GAA while getting seven shutouts. Summers definitely was a big part in the Dynamo’s success this season. This great trio helped Davos finish first in the VHL this season and will be exciting to watch what happens in the playoffs.

Well the VHL has some great nominees for this award but without further ado I am proud to present the VHL’s Best Duo award to James Teekirque @Mongoose87, Skor McFleury @Alex and Lachlan Summers @kirbithan of the HC Davos Dynamo. This trio was outstanding this season and they were a big part of the Dynamo’s success.

The VHLE was so low scoring that only two teams have nominees and two of the three nominees have goalies and same with defensemen. The two teams with nominees are Rome with two and Vastras with one. The nominees for the VHLE’s Best Trio are:

Forward BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10, Defender Pope Francis @nurx and Goalie Travis Clark @ClarkClanT of the Rome Gladiators
Forward BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10, Forward King Kisslinger @Kisslinger and Defender Pope Francis @nurx of the Rome Gladiators
Forward Braeden Panarella @ThatCasual, Forward Axle Gunner @Steve and Goalie Oliver Gauthier @fonziGG of the Vastras Iron Eagles

This will be quite unlikely to have the same team with two nominees but anyways here we go. Rome was really all around a good team. BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson was eighth in points getting 32 goals and 42 assists for 74 points. Getting over a point per game is impressive in this very low scoring VHLE season. Pope Francis was a great offensive defensemen getting 18 goals, 63 assists for 81 points. Again getting over a point a game is impressive but even more impressive for a defensemen. Francis also delivered 156 hits and blocked 162 shots. BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson and Pope Francis are two of the three players in both of Rome’s nominees. Travis Clark, the best goalie in the VHLE this season. Travis Clark got a record of 39-18-7 while posting a .934 save percentage and a 2.40 GAA. Even though the VHLE season was low scoring, shutouts were still hard to come by. Travis Clark got eight shutouts to add on to his great season in between the pipes for Rome.

You already know what Pope Francis and BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson’s stats were but King Kisslinger a forward for Rome you have not heard their stats. Kisslinger is the third player in Rome’s second nominee. Kisslinger finished 11th in points in the VHLE this season getting 27 goals and 41 assists for 68 points. This is still a great season for Kisslinger because of the low scoring season.

We can’t forget about Vastras which at the time of writing this Cologne completed the upset over the Iron Eagles. That isn’t important though, but what is important is the last nominee in the VHLE. Two forwards by the names of Braeden Panarella and Axle Gunner alongside goaltender Oliver Gauthier were a great trio in Vastras success. Panarella had an amazing season coming third in points and second in goals. Panarella got 41 goals and 45 assists for 86 points tied with Cologne’s Sjin who also got 86 points. Gunner didn’t have as good of a season as Panarella but still had a decent one. Gunner got 29 goals and 34 assists for 63 points. If the two forwards weren’t enough for Vastras then you also have a great goalie by the name of Oliver Gauthier. Gauthier finished the season with a good record of 39-19-4. He got this record while posting a .924 save percentage and a 2.47 GAA, Gauthier also got seven shutouts to add on to this good season.

The VHLE Best Trio award may not be the most exciting but there were more great/good duos or solos in the VHLE this season. No excuses here so I am proud to present the VHLE’s Best Trio award to Rome’s Trio of forward BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10, defender Pope Francis @nurx and goalie Travis Clark @ClarkClanT. This trio is helping Rome in the postseason and is still succeeding.

The VHLM had some great talent, that includes some great solo performances, great duo’s and great trio’s, because of this only one of the best duo nominees are in the best trio nominees. The VHLM playoffs are going by so fast so let's wrap this up with this great league. This season nominees are:

Forward Tyrece the Beast @beanhead420, Forward Eric White Jr @Mysterious_Fish and Goalie Obler Syko @Spartan of the San Diego Marlins

Forward Jeid Rohnson @TopTiddee2, Forward Theo Allard @InstantRockstar and Forward Bubba Tree @Bubba of the Halifax 21st

Forward Sebastian Thunder @Matt thunder, Forward Oden Bell @WhiskyJack and Defender Lionel Collberg @Masu Chan of the Miami Marauders

Let’s start with the team that had a best duo nominee. Tyrece the Beast and Eric White Jr were a great duo this season then you have a great goalie by the name of Obler Syko. Tyrece the Beast had an amazing season second in points but really who cares about Grimgor Ironhide. Tyrece finished the season getting 49 goals and 63 assists for a total of 112 points. At one point Tyrece was leading the league in goals but we don’t talk about that. White Jr also had a great season and made a late push for most goals but ended short getting 53 goals. With the 53 goal season White Jr also got 51 assists for 104 points ending the season fifth in points. People could argue that Syko wasn’t the best goalie in the league because he faced the least amount of shots out of all starting goalies. Besides that Syko was still a great goalie getting a record of 57-13-2 playing every game for the Marlins this season. Syko posted a .920 save percentage and a 1.67 GAA while getting 11 shutouts. Only goalie throughout all the leagues to get double digit shutouts.

Even though Halifax was the eighth best team in the VHLM this season they still had a great trio on the team. Jeid Rohnson, Theo Allard and Bubba Tree were all great forwards that definitely helped turn Halifax from dead last to a playoff team. Rohnson ended the season fourth in points with 40 goals and 69 assists (nice 😏) for a total of 109 points. Allard finished eighth in points with over 100 points. Allard got 41 goals and 62 assists for a total of 103 points. The top eight players in points all had over 100 points. Players in the top ten in points must be good, well Halifax has three of them. Bubba Tree finished the season ninth in points and three points shy of 100. Tree got 43 goals and 54 assists, a great season no matter if they didn’t get 100 points. This trio did really well this season but the team just wasn’t as good around them.

The Last nominee for the VHLM’s Best Trio award is forward Sebastian Thunder, forward Oden Bell and defender Lionel Collberg. Miami may only have two players in the top ten in points but have four players in the top twelve. Was tough to choose who to pick for the trio but these are who I chose. Thunder finished seventh in points this season tied with Behrens Minion and Theo Allard in points with 103 points. Thunder’s 103 points consisted of 38 goals and 65 assists, definitely had a great season. Oden Bell also had a great season but was six points shy of the 100 point milestone. Bell got 36 goals and 58 assists for 94 points, a great season along with Thunder and the great offensive defensemen Collberg. Speaking of Collberg he came twelfth in points which consisted of 25 goals and 67 assists for 92 points. Points are great and all for an offensive defensemen but Collberg also delivered 160 hits and blocked 194 shots, a great season had by this great defensemen. This trio deserves to be remembered in the Marauders franchise.

Well the winner of this seasons Best Trio award was hard to decide on who would win as all of these trios did great but the trio getting this award is Jeid Rohnson @TopTiddee2, Theo Allard @InstantRockstar and Bubba Tree @Bubba of the Halifax 21st.

Well thank you for tuning into S90 Unofficial award ceremony, the Best Duo Award is already out for all of you to see who won that award and I can’t wait to see who wins these awards in S91.

Best Duo Award:

Word Count: 2091

P.S. I am open to messages about you making trophies for these awards, just message me.

1 hour ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

The first league that will be getting this award is the VHL as they are the league everyone wants to make.

Speak for yourself. The real win is cleaning up the VHLE trio nominations 😛

Article Review:  I like the concept of this article but like the author have come to the same conclusion that the best trio may just be the best duo plus one.  That said I think anything that gives us the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of players and talk about how well people did within the league is a plus.  My only concern is that this will just boil down to which group got the most points or which goalie defense pairing had the greatest defensive output.  I do hope that this continues for some time, season after season of celebrating the great combinations in the league.

I give this article a 8/10, looking forward to the VHLE and VHLM versions of this award.  Trophy art would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 12:16 PM, JCarson said:

Article Review:  I like the concept of this article but like the author have come to the same conclusion that the best trio may just be the best duo plus one.  That said I think anything that gives us the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of players and talk about how well people did within the league is a plus.  My only concern is that this will just boil down to which group got the most points or which goalie defense pairing had the greatest defensive output.  I do hope that this continues for some time, season after season of celebrating the great combinations in the league.

I give this article a 8/10, looking forward to the VHLE and VHLM versions of this award.  Trophy art would be cool.

Thanks! I know but this season I was kinda busy so I just went with top point getters and goalies. I will be doing this season after season and the VHL and VHLM winners are also in this. I asked someone if they were willing to make trophy art but they said no so for now no trophy.

• 2 weeks later...