Moscow is Real

Steve

What a great start to the season for Moscow. A brief run to the top was fun to see even though it was going to be a short stay. We do have a team that will compete more and push into a playoff spot. It has been very motivating to be a part of it all and just makes us want to do better. I think on the player side, we have delivered. Coaching has to make it all work, so far so good but changes are needed if we really want to get serious about this season. If not, it will be a fun season that we do better than a team in a rebuild would do. Time will tell.

The league has me worried. It doesn't even show up if you Google hockey sim leagues. The SHL does, strange. I predict that sooner rather than later the draft will be all about the top 5 players at best as the talent is just not there like it used to be. I know it runs in cycles, but this is beyond that. I know when I was really turned off by the VHL. Yes, I think the hybrid system broke the league from the M to the VHL. I am just letting my experiences that I had prior to that change carry me forward.

Good luck to everyone. Let's have a great season full of highlight reel games.

Word count: 239

I mean, log in now and a lot of members online are new. Members like @LucyXpher, @Nathan_8, @Noodle Enjoyer, @Mutti, @MSouthworth, @UghSike, @Schnee, @ctoland102, @SackButter@FiZi  and @losfail are providing at least half of the forum content rn. These guys are slaying it with pumping out content and even going as far as donating. On top of this, we’ve had old members return. Members like @Fire Tortorella, @Victor, @Benson, @Pifferfish, @solyom, @WildfireMicro , @fonziGG (lol), @Seabass, @Rhynex Entertainment and even  @eagle_3450…a look at the draft pool at the moment and see how far you have to scroll down to start finding the inactive or “soon to he’s”. We’ve done good work this off-season recruiting. We’ve also done a lot better at retaining new and gaining old members… not too bad if you ask me! 

38 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I mean, log in now and a lot of members online are new. Members like @LucyXpher, @Nathan_8, @Noodle Enjoyer, @Mutti, @MSouthworth, @UghSike, @Schnee, @ctoland102, @SackButter@FiZi  and @losfail are providing at least half of the forum content rn. These guys are slaying it with pumping out content and even going as far as donating. On top of this, we’ve had old members return. Members like @Fire Tortorella, @Victor, @Benson, @Pifferfish, @solyom, @WildfireMicro , @fonziGG (lol), @Seabass, @Rhynex Entertainment and even  @eagle_3450…a look at the draft pool at the moment and see how far you have to scroll down to start finding the inactive or “soon to he’s”. We’ve done good work this off-season recruiting. We’ve also done a lot better at retaining new and gaining old members… not too bad if you ask me! 

Some of us newbies have provided enough for like a month of tpe in advance (def not me tho im just gonna go one week at a time)

Edited by Nathan_8

1 minute ago, Nathan_8 said:

Some of us newbies have provided enough for like a month of tpe in advance (def not me tho im just gonna go one week at a time)

To be fair, have to write THE WEEK OF. The only way you can claim future weeks is by writing the bigger media spots or I believe 4 graphics or a longer podcast.

500 words = 1 week

1,000 = 2

1500 = 3

2000 = 4

Don’t burn yourselves out. Take it week by week. We can max out on media spots, graphics and podcasts. Only 1 set of press conferences, VHL.com articles etc. HOWEVER, with that in mind, I sometimes cap out at 12/12 but still put out other content. My team needs press conferences and I like to create a buzz, activity and fun in the community. 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

To be fair, have to write THE WEEK OF. The only way you can claim future weeks is by writing the bigger media spots or I believe 4 graphics or a longer podcast.

500 words = 1 week

1,000 = 2

1500 = 3

2000 = 4

Don’t burn yourselves out. Take it week by week. We can max out on media spots, graphics and podcasts. Only 1 set of press conferences, VHL.com articles etc. HOWEVER, with that in mind, I sometimes cap out at 12/12 but still put out other content. My team needs press conferences and I like to create a buzz, activity and fun in the community. 

yeah im gonna do 12/12 every week or how close to that I fell like getting but ill add to the "buzz" by replying to other topics

5 minutes ago, Nathan_8 said:

yeah im gonna do 12/12 every week or how close to that I fell like getting but ill add to the "buzz" by replying to other topics

Amen. You guys are kicking ass and I really appreciate your guys’ presence. We got really lucky with this recruitment advertisement in finding some amazing people to become part of our sim league family. I hope you all stick around. It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know each one of you.

As for doing what you can, exactly. Im a busy man. Im even a GM! Not EVERY week do I claim 12/12. There’s the odd week I’m guilty of “welfare”. Don’t burn out. It’s not a job. Have fun! However, in saying that, once you find a routine and rhythm that fits your lifestyle etc, completing tasks because quick and simple 

11 minutes ago, Nathan_8 said:

Also an unpopular opinion here (and I intend by no means to discourage you from max earning): The league also needs solid non-max earners. As good as max earners are in terms of star power and their contribution in the sims, to field a team of super earners is not sustainable for the VHL teams in the long run. They will run into cap issues.

As a side-note, earn at the rate that you are comfortable with. We all know that a RL exists. It is best for the user (and by proxy for the league) if one earns sustainably on a regular basis for a full career, rather than two months of max-earning, burning out and go IA, never to look back. Find the earning level that is good for you and let your GM deal with it.

3 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Also an unpopular opinion here (and I intend by no means to discourage you from max earning): The league also needs solid non-max earners. As good as max earners are in terms of star power and their contribution in the sims, to field a team of super earners is not sustainable for the VHL teams in the long run. They will run into cap issues.

As a side-note, earn at the rate that you are comfortable with. We all know that a RL exists. It is best for the user (and by proxy for the league) if one earns sustainably on a regular basis for a full career, rather than two months of max-earning, burning out and go IA, never to look back. Find the earning level that is good for you and let your GM deal with it.

I completely agree, trying to hard to be a big earner kept burning me out, so now I'm earning on my own pace

7 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

That was my role with Retoslav, ~700 TPA and not fully maxing every week

8 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

I will say I don't think it's a problem to not max earn, but I would love it if we encouraged and motivated more people to get involved in the league to the point where they can comfortably max earn. Personally, I find it really easy to do weekly, but that's because I'm fairly motivated to do so and am involved enough in the league to have stuff to cover weekly for my tasks.

Stars in this league are just as needed as depth players, and the cap changes have made it easier to fit depth players in, leaving some fairly comfortable room for stars. Would love if this new generation of recruits from this season end up making this class one of the best in recent memory!

14 hours ago, Banackock said:

lol