Why Don't We Post More In This Thread?

I mean, I know it's 2024, not 2014... the league, technological culture, the world, has changed a lot... but one of my favourite things about this community was coming to this thread late-night and just browsing the ridiculous threads that this subforum had to offer. Is that a thing of the past? Has Discord rendered this forum semi-redundant and inadvertently segregated the VHL community?

Regardless, hi all of you. Hope your weekend is going well and you're doing great. I'm here if you want to have some good vibes. 

Stay Strong Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I hope you’re doing well, man. Just got done working a 14 hour day. Tack on an hour and 20 minute drive to work and an hour and 20 minute drive home and I am wiped lol.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

I hope you’re doing well, man. Just got done working a 14 hour day. Tack on an hour and 20 minute drive to work and an hour and 20 minute drive home and I am wiped lol.

Hey drinking buddy, I had a lot of drinks today you should find one if you haven't

Phill this is literally me to you right now:

Good Vibes GIF by Cavan Infante

1 minute ago, AJW said:

Hey drinking buddy, I had a lot of drinks today you should find one if you haven't

My plan tomorrow was to go and replace our fire pit, get some MGDO and get blasted and enjoy the amazing weather we’ve been having, however, I am now going in at 8 o’clock, in about seven hours, to work on my first day off lol

I will be joining EVENTUALLY though

13 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Grinding hard! Well played sir. Hope you get some time for some well deserved rest and relaxation :cheers: 

11 minutes ago, AJW said:

Drinks find me. Rum tonight while I wait for the laundry to finish ahaha :cheers: 

I don't usually partake in this thread but hey, first time for everything!  Weather is warming up here as well.  Plus 20 in the driveway today so got the car washed while the kid played at her water table and Subject did some garage sweeping!  I need to get me a tan quick.  Winter white needs to be expunged!

I'm "working" through the weekend (i.e. sitting next to a road fucking around on my phone).

Big news though, I submitted my resignation on Friday, and in 4 weeks I'll be moving to BC with my bae. And in two weeks I'll be in Mexico! 

This is a forum topic 

Hey everyone.  Happy St Paddy's day!  Weather a bit better in Seattle today and stuck in hockey rink watching my 6 year old daughter's hockey practice.  Hope everyone has a great weekend

6 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I'm "working" through the weekend (i.e. sitting next to a road fucking around on my phone).

Big news though, I submitted my resignation on Friday, and in 4 weeks I'll be moving to BC with my bae. And in two weeks I'll be in Mexico! 

This is a forum topic 

Jardy when he has to work on infrastructure in a place that actually has infrastructure:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jxx4jh6pv2929e45g6m

Just now, Enorama said:

escaping the prairies??? that's allowed???????

I can't wait for Jardycast in downtown Vancouver rushhour traffic

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This is a forum topic 

I’m attempting to make the move to BC as well. More to come later I guess :)

Where’d you end up? I got my heart set on the Invermere or Kelowna/Vernon area. 

3 hours ago, Enorama said:

escaping the prairies??? that's allowed???????

You can always leave the prairies but no matter how rocky the terrain is in your destination, you will remain flat inside.  You can never shake it!

8 hours ago, Triller said:

You can always leave the prairies but no matter how rocky the terrain is in your destination, you will remain flat inside.  You can never shake it!

laughs in alpine topography

On 3/17/2024 at 5:17 AM, Phil said:

I mean, I know it's 2024, not 2014... the league, technological culture, the world, has changed a lot... but one of my favourite things about this community was coming to this thread late-night and just browsing the ridiculous threads that this subforum had to offer. Is that a thing of the past? Has Discord rendered this forum semi-redundant and inadvertently segregated the VHL community?

Regardless, hi all of you. Hope your weekend is going well and you're doing great. I'm here if you want to have some good vibes. 

Stay Strong Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Hey Phil. Fam and I went to EuropaPark (one of the bigger entertainment parks in Europe) as we won the tix in a lottery. It was pre-pre-opening so only 25,000 people were admitted (and all of them always were on the same ride as us ;) )

It was fun but also exhausting at springy temperatures of around 15 centigrade (60F for imperialists)... no booze involved, as 1. I am not a big drinker to start with and 2. it is still lent.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:28 PM, rory said:

I can't wait for Jardycast in downtown Vancouver rushhour traffic

Goodness, I'd rather die. Which I guess would be easy if I did this 🤔.

On 3/17/2024 at 6:16 PM, Banackock said:

I’m attempting to make the move to BC as well. More to come later I guess :)

Where’d you end up? I got my heart set on the Invermere or Kelowna/Vernon area. 

We're moving to Campbell River, on the island! Although technically we haven't found a place yet because of our stupid pets, so we could end up in Courtenay/Comox yet too.

Interior BC would be amazing too! I toyed with the idea of applying to jobs near Revelstoke, but ultimately our path led us further west!

22 hours ago, Triller said:

Perhaps this is why the ocean is appealing, I couldn't stand it if I didn't have an endless horizon to stare into 😂

56 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Perhaps this is why the ocean is appealing, I couldn't stand it if I didn't have an endless horizon to stare into 😂

Lol I never thought of it that way.  I swam in the ocean off the Spanish Banks beach and everyone thought I was nuts.  Prairie boy didn't know that the water ain't nice there with all the ships coming in.  Stick to the lakes and the rivers like your used to...

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This why I am always a bit uneasy when we go to Denmark or the Netherlands (countries are flat as a pancake)... I grew up surrounded by mountains and I miss them when in areas where there are none to speak of.