Things that we could remove from the VHL

Berocka

Things that we could remove from the VHL and it would have practically no impact on the way the site works.

·         Practice Facility

On No, you mean I receive one less TPE every week what ever will I do. The practice facility I believe in purpose was meant to be that if someone logs in every week they get a bonus but seriously isn’t that now just TPE tasks. You can’t back claim and if you can’t do anything that week anyway you click the welfare button.

·         Extra TPE for a 5 minute podcast

A vhl.com podcast is one of the easiest tpe claims you can do and you get a cool 3 TPE, not only does this mean you get a mulligan on trivia but you get 50% more reward for rambling for 5 minutes than you get for typing 200 words

·         Career point tasks

Another whooping 28 TPE for completing dedicated point tasks that no one reads, could be a media spot if you post them at any time though

·         VSN

Talking about things that could be a media spot the VSN does anyone read anything they put out apart from the draft predictions and the award shows?

Sometimes I feel like your hot takes are a bit ridiculous/not serious but I actually completely agree with these. 

If it weren’t for the unfortunate reality that it would disproportionately affect lower earners (cutting out a larger portion of some people’s earning), I’d be pushing right now to get rid of practice facility. If you want to talk about cutting into TPE inflation, that would be a great way to do so—although it’s very fairly countered by the first part of this paragraph. 

19 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Sometimes I feel like your hot takes are a bit ridiculous/not serious but I actually completely agree with these. 

If it weren’t for the unfortunate reality that it would disproportionately affect lower earners (cutting out a larger portion of some people’s earning), I’d be pushing right now to get rid of practice facility. If you want to talk about cutting into TPE inflation, that would be a great way to do so—although it’s very fairly countered by the first part of this paragraph. 

This would quite literally kill me if these were implemented...

I don’t see an issue with career point tasks.  Seems like fair TPE value for effort, and if they were just regular PTs not many would do them. I’ve seen some that are worth reading, and some that aren’t, that’s always going to be up to the person writing it, but I have noticed generally that there seems to be a bit more creative effort given to these than regular point tasks.

4 hours ago, STZ said:

When was the last time you did a point task lol

My point exactly, I have 0 incentive to do so.

Although I have done sporadic graphics for fun, just haven't posted them on the forum and instead just throw them in LRs or whatever.