F1 Discussion

Phil

Given that my player, Phil Villeneuve is based off the last Canadian F1 driver to race, Jacques Villeneuve, and with the fact that the season's just finished, I was wondering if I am the only member on the board that watches and semi-follows the F1 World Championships?

On that note, congrats to the Brit LEWIS HAMILTON for winning.. raced fantastically over the final stretch of the season and rightly deserved to win. Very well done

Wow, I am fully familiar with Jacques Villeneuve, but I just never put two and two together and kept thinking it was pronounced like that basketball player (Charlie Villenueva?) 

I used to be into F1 like crazy back in the day when there were the teams like Jordan and Arrows (around 1999-2002), and I still keep up with what happens through sports news, but can't say I watch it anymore since they put half of the season behind a pay wall over here.

Happy that Hamilton won, but I have to say that the whole "Double Points In the Last Race" stuff is one of, if not the, worst idea I've seen implemented in a sport. 

Happy that Hamilton won, but I have to say that the whole "Double Points In the Last Race" stuff is one of, if not the, worst idea I've seen implemented in a sport. 

I was enraged when that rule came out.It makes absolutely no sense. 

And lol Alfie, nothing's decided during Qualifying. Hamilton has done this (I think twice this season) where he qualified in 10 or 18th and finished 2nd of 3rd. Whatchu talkin' bout foo?

• Admin

I was enraged when that rule came out.It makes absolutely no sense. 

And lol Alfie, nothing's decided during Qualifying. Hamilton has done this (I think twice this season) where he qualified in 10 or 18th and finished 2nd of 3rd. Whatchu talkin' bout foo?

I swear every time I check whoever is in pole position wins.

I used to watch qualifying and the race itself, but since Vettel/Red Bull dominated it last couple of seasons, it kind or ruined it. Was/am a Schumacher and Ferrari fan but now Vettel is confirmed to replace Alonso, not sure I can follow them now.

Follow Riccardio's career with interest, but have to find a new team to maintain my interest, but Victor has a point. I used to enjoy watching the entire race, now I just watch the first couple of laps(to see if there's any contact, then the last couple to see if anyone has the balls to try and make a passing move. They usually don't.

Personal preference plus Vettel is a little turd. Just haven't liked him since he came in. In Schumachers prime F1 was still exciting(always crossed my fingers that Barrichello or Massa didn't take Schumi out on first corner) and now it seems every year they have to change something....aerodynamics package, reduced power output, blah blah blah. The cars even sound shitty now :(

I always felt like Schumacher's dominance only happened because there were no more guys like Alain Prost, Aryton Senna or Nigel Mansell to stop him. He dominated a lesser field.

I feel like I may have used a picture of Jacques Villeneuve when talking about your player in a media spot before, therefore making me a sage wizard.

Edited by Doomsday

• 5 years later...

Preseason testing begins tomorrow!

giphy.gif

Anyone from this old ass thread still following F1?  I just got into it last year.

Tagging some folks from this thread (sorry if you don't care anymore)

@Victor @Doomsday @Phil @Tagger @Smarch

6 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

A lot of interesting storylines in F1 rn but I haven't followed too closely since the hamilton/rosberg year.

The midfield could be really tight!  I hope Haas figures their stuff out this year and get back into form.

1 minute ago, JeffD said:

I'm really hoping for a non-Mercedes dominated season, but I don't have high hopes.

Same, I've gone team Red Bull but imagine Mercedes will win again.  We can always hope the big changes next season will shake it up.

13 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

I'm hoping to catch some races this season. Used to watch a ton as a kid, but not as much lately. Hopefully with Hulu I can!

I got F1's online streaming service.  It mostly worked really well and I can watch not only the races but all the practices and quali as well.  Def got my money's worth.

12 hours ago, Garsh said:

Same, I've gone team Red Bull but imagine Mercedes will win again.  We can always hope the big changes next season will shake it up.

I'm a Ferrari guy and have been since I grew up watching Schumacher battle Coulthard and Hakkinen. It has been a rough few years.

9 hours ago, JeffD said:

I'm a Ferrari guy and have been since I grew up watching Schumacher battle Coulthard and Hakkinen. It has been a rough few years.

Man when they took each other out in Brazil last season, i thought my Ferrari buddy was going to have a heart attack.

Edited by Garsh