Giving Credit to a Few Podcasters

Thunder

Coming up with something new can be a chore at times, and with the holiday weekend ending, finally getting some decent weather, and relatives in town, I had a brain fart on a topic to get my 6 tpe for the week.  Taking a look at the podcast thread for a new one to listen to triggered a topic.  This is going to recognize some podcasters and give them a few words of thanks for their work.  They make it seem easy to do, but I have to say its not that easy because I tried.  I suck at it, so quit while I was ahead.  For those still reading this, if you do not listen to podcasts, I recommend you do so because you get some neat perspectives of the VHL.  This list will not be in any particular order, and if you are left off, please dont take offense.  If I missed you and I have listened to your podcasts, I apologize for not giving you any credit for all your hard work.

@Phil - What’s the racket with Phil Sakic, previously known as sass with stras.  Phil’s podcasts have good intro music and he puts a lot of effort with VHLM information, making the podcasts a good variation of stuff.  He’s been consistent with podcasts, until a week ago, he was a little late forcing me to go through withdrawals.  Phil also seeks out questions so that he can answer them in his podcasts.  He’s got a good flow with his work.  The other good thing about Phil is that he’ll do the .com podcasts too so often times there are two podcasts to listen too.  I think he’s gonna be taking a break because his latest production is likely a 4 week tpe earner.

@Berocka - Berocka’s podcasts are another set of consistent productions and he’s entertaining as well.  Berocka usually records his work on the road so he is off the cuff a lot and is still able to keep his recordings running smoothly.  Recently Berocka had an issue with twitch and had to rename his account, or something like that, which totally F’d up my podcast list.  He sought out help with a new title and has come up with Berocka’s minor penalty for .com, and major penalty for media spots.  I preferred mega sized and bite sized podcast names, but it sounds like Berocka didn’t want to try keeping those headers.  His latest one mimicked @gustav 30 in 30 media spot and it just goes to show how invested people are in this league.  This was a detailed review of Berocka’s players over his career in the VHL.  I learned a bit from this latest podcast.

@meandyoc and @Royski - These guys are a team who have done only a few podcasts together, and they keep things interested.  Their podcasts are titled, Hockey Hotline with Ky and Royski.  The podcasts are few and far between because they do multi week productions.  They are well organized and complement each other with their discussions.  They get better with each production.  I’m not sure, but I think its Ky who is the tech master in this duo, and he has the recordings on video too.  This is bad because I can’t just listen to it, but good because I have to watch it to see what they are working on as they are talking.  I’m hoping they do one soon!

@Mysterious_Fish - Mysterious Fish Thoughts.  I’ve only listened to one of his podcasts, (that I can remember) and found it to be full of details and descriptions of players and their abilities.  He is like others as he does multi week podcasts.  I look forward to his next podcast to see what direction he takes his skills, and considering how he seemed to enjoy his production I can bet it will be another good one.

@Knight - Knight speaks right.  This is another podcaster who presents infrequently with the latest being #5 I believe.  I really liked this one as it was a breakdown of the VHLM, in Knight’s opinion!  He did provide some really good points justifying his rankings, and he put some effort into this podcast.  It was well thought out, organized, and presented very well.  I can see Knights next one comparing the results of the VHLM to his rankings and see how far off he was or if he was spot on.  There you go, you have your next podcast Knight!

@Tate - Pure Villainy - These podcasts have been on .com and have made me wonder how much time Tate spends on putting this together, is he doing this in a studio, and what his IRL job is because these are definitely professional pieces of art.  If you haven’t listened yet, I suggest you find the first one and go in order so you get the complete story.  I won’t spoil it too much, but you can bet there’s going to be some strange things happening in the future to the VHL if the Mad Villain gets his way.  I’m still trying to figure out who the hell Pinky is!

@Ahma- Ahma teams up with @frostbeard, and they do one a season.  I’ve enjoyed these podcasts from the start of my VHL career.  Ahma comes into the presentations with his heart and soul and gives a good emotional version of how he feels about the season.  Frostbeard provides solid support to Ahma and feeds some good ideas to Ahma, which makes for really good listening.  Granted, most of the discussion is about the Davos players and since Ahma bleeds Davos blue, that is to be expected.  In the end though, these podcasts are always good to listen to.  And with David Jokinen’s final season coming up, I bet there will be some great accolades coming Frostbeard.  Let’s see if Ahma accepts the praise or downplays it.

@Spartan - Spartcasts.  When I first got into the VHL and started listening to podcasts, Spartcasts were posted on a regular basis.  I’m not sure what’s happening with Spartan now, but he must be earning all his tpe doing jobs so he doesn’t need to do Spartcasts.   I miss his podcasts.  I could always relate to his traffic gripes as he’s recording on his way to work.  Spartan was always entertaining and he has also given some really good info about the VHL on his podcasts.  Maybe someday he’ll get back to treating us all with a podcast!

@MubbleFubbles - MubblesFubbles episodes.  Early on in my VHL career, MubblesFubbles is another one who was doing podcasts on a frequent basis.  I always enjoyed MubblesFubbles as well did others I’m sure.  But, like other experienced podcasters, they moved on to earning tpe other ways and have since entertained us with less frequency.  A few weeks ago we were gifted with a Mubbles podcast, but since then I’ve been waiting and waiting!

@Hogan - I haven’t listened to a Hogan podcast in a while.  Probably back when it was the Phantom of the VHL.  I remember Hogan’s podcasts to be entertaining.  I just reviewed the list of podcasts and it shows that he recently did a podcast on how to earn TPE.  To be honest, I may have listened to it but I listen to so many that I cannot remember, so nothing stuck out like a Spartan traffic jam!  Sorry Hogan.

@DarkSpyro - Spyro after Dark.  DarkSpyro is another really good podcaster who does sporadic podcasts.  DarkSpyro is an entertainer, no doubt!  His podcasts are few and far between but they come with a flare.  I look forward to the next one.

@aimkin - Aimkin started out as an up and coming podcaster, stepping into a new role of being a frequent podcaster who gave us really good episodes.  She doesn’t really have a signature header with her podcasts, but comes up with titles as she sees fit.  She makes her podcasts seamless and they are really good.  She speaks from her heart.  Her last podcast, or at least the last one that I listened to, included video and was a history of her player, Jesse Tano.  Perhaps she’ll start podcasting with her new player.

@N0HBDY - Talking to n0hbdy is his signature header.  He’s another podcaster who is pure entertainment but in addition to his podcasts being while he’s driving and off the cuff, he provides real good insight to the things going on with the VHL, his team, and other stuff.  I like how n0hbdy is straight up with how he feels about things.  Its refreshing.  It’d be nice for n0hbdy to do podcasts more often.

@jRuutu - For Points for Practice.  Jruutu does more .com podcasts than media spots, which make it nice for him I think.  He comes into it with energy and gets into what’s happening with his player as well as other things in the league.  I also like how he talks about his location and what he’s doing as he does the podcast.

@Quanack - Life in the VHL.  Quanack is a relatively new podcaster.  I’ve only listened to two of them.  Like the experienced podcasters, Quanack makes his work appear to be done easily.  He speaks well and the words flow.  He’s going to be a podcaster who will be producing regularly, based on what he has said on his podcasts, which is good news!

There are a few podcasters who I have listened to in the past and their podcasts have been non existent.  Starting with @JardyB10, his podcasts were my absolute favorite.  From listening to him while he’s driving in the ice road trucker episodes or when he’s eating a peach from Chadwick’s Farm, jardyb10 has always been a great podcaster.  @ctots has not updated for months, I dont know why that is, but I miss his ctalks.  Another good podcaster who has not done a podcaster in a while is @UnknownMinion.  Looking at his player page, it appears that unknown minion is satisfied with earning 5 tpe for welfare, and with his job pay, it doesnt make sense for him do podcasts for tpe, so I don’t expect him to do a podcast any time soon, but I did enjoy his podcasts when he was doing them.

1701 words

Thanks for the shoutout! Glad you enjoyed my podcasts. I am definitely going to be getting into it again, just need to find the time amongst the chaos life has been throwing me lol.

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

@Mysterious_Fish - Mysterious Fish Thoughts.  I’ve only listened to one of his podcasts, (that I can remember) and found it to be full of details and descriptions of players and their abilities.  He is like others as he does multi week podcasts.  I look forward to his next podcast to see what direction he takes his skills, and considering how he seemed to enjoy his production I can bet it will be another good one.

Give me an idea and sure ill do another. Cause I dont got many ideas rn

Good to see some new podcasters since I've been gone. Also cool to see Knight and Tate back at it, Tate in particular was one of my favourite pod people.

Also I still maintain that the podcasts ARE as easy as they seem, you're just too self conscious probably 😛

On 7/9/2024 at 3:57 PM, Thunder said:

@meandyoc and @Royski - These guys are a team who have done only a few podcasts together, and they keep things interested.  Their podcasts are titled, Hockey Hotline with Ky and Royski.  The podcasts are few and far between because they do multi week productions.  They are well organized and complement each other with their discussions.  They get better with each production.  I’m not sure, but I think its Ky who is the tech master in this duo, and he has the recordings on video too.  This is bad because I can’t just listen to it, but good because I have to watch it to see what they are working on as they are talking.  I’m hoping they do one soon!

Well, Hockey Hotline may never be back, I'm not sure but Royski has moved on to the VSN where he is now doing VHL unplugged, and I will be taking a break from here indefinitely.