VHLM Hard/Soft Cap

boubabi

1) He is sitting on a team that will allow him to get the bulk of the work.

2) There is a rule in place that only allows a VHLM team to have one inactive free agent. Anyone else is either active or their rights are 1 year away from making them into that VHLM inactive free agent role. They get weeded out really quickly now.

1) So he leads the league in points with 15 TPE because he's on a bad team? Why is his +/- also second best in the league?

2) No - per Victor, a VHLM FA can play 8 VHLM seasons at 175 TPE theoretically.

1) So he leads the league in points with 15 TPE because he's on a bad team? Why is his +/- also second best in the league?

2) No - per Victor, a VHLM FA can play 8 VHLM seasons at 175 TPE theoretically.

2) No Victor is wrong, a 175 inactives rights only last 3 seasons regardless, then he becomes a FA and he can't sign in the VHLM after 115 TPE anyways. Making him solely a VHL teams able bodied player.

Well, if people can't understand that recreates (who needs to stay in the vhlm since they arent drafted) will eventually have the same problem seasons to come, don't bother with your "incentitive" argument.

If you think that I personally decided to stay in the vhlm this season, you are wrong and you don't need to respond if you don't get that

Edited by boubabi

Boubabi I think some just didn't get that. I still understand that we have deadline recreates who are sitting at or close to the 175 and banking and have no choice and can't get to the VHL until a later point. 

Coach, the argument about leading the league in points is silly this early on in a season. The amount of disparity among stats for players 10 games in can be attributed to several circumstances that regardless of what you fix/change will continue to happen. Anything from a team having a easier opening schedule, a goalie having off nights against inactives. CPU players could have more points than a 175 TPE player 5-10 games into the season, and they have 0 TPE. I am not saying your issue isn't one worth addressing, but the fact that you see inactives leading in statistical categories in the VHLM in 10 games has very little to do with that issue. It's mostly just that you can't update your player and it adds more fuel to your own fire to see something like that happen. 

Also despite me disagreeing with Kendrick on the point of this being a non issue versus it being an issue, claiming that it has something to do with personal bias is super petty here. It has nothing to do with that. Did Sterling, Kendrick and Green benefit from the old system? Sure. But we changes weren't made to make everyone else in a lower tier than them. If anything changes were made because they were able to use the system to such a degree that we realized that there was problems. That members (new and old) had concerns. It wouldn't of mattered if it was those 3 members, or 3 other completely random members who had done what they did. The discussion was purely on the actual merits of how and why they were able to do what they were doing, and nothing to do with specific members. 

Well, if people can't understand that recreates (who needs to stay in the vhlm since they arent drafted) will eventually have the same problem seasons to come, don't bother with your "incentitive" argument.

If you think that I personally decided to stay in the vhlm this season, you are wrong and you don't need to respond if you don't get that

Boubs, thats condescending. It's not helping your argument. We get it your a VHL GM and can't go in. I already said that VHLM GM players come once every 10 season but you guys chose to ignore that. Two-way street, that is an english term of letting both opinions be heard without one being cut off. Until thats happening, no one will listen.

He pointed out that this isn't isolated to GMs. 

Myself and Boom technically fall into the same category. In fact, I asked Victor if I could be a VHL FA for one season ha.

I get that and it's something they are looking at (They being Flyers and Smarch) in regards to what happens. It's a one season outlook though and they are helping to look at all issues that come up during this 1 season. Sometimes trial and error can occur.

I don't see the issue with being on an even playing field with everyone else. How much TPE will you possibly miss with less TPE updated during the season?

Hell, my current player didn't get the full achievement tracker with all that TPE and you don't see me crying. A lot of it depends on your team and linemates too.

I don't see the issue with being on an even playing field with everyone else. How much TPE will you possibly miss with less TPE updated during the season?

Hell, my current player didn't get the full achievement tracker with all that TPE and you don't see me crying. A lot of it depends on your team and linemates too.

So the rules would have to be adjusted to allow him in the VHL. Technically he can't enter, he's a S42 draftee despite being a GM player. It's the case with other non GM's this season who are going to hit 175 before they are eligible as well. 

So the rules would have to be adjusted to allow him in the VHL. Technically he can't enter, he's a S42 draftee despite being a GM player. It's the case with other non GM's this season who are going to hit 175 before they are eligible as well. 

I'm pretty sure we put the cap at 175, no (although I argued for 200 and I'm pretty sure no one else agreed with me, maybe Coach included in that, at the time)? What's the complication? Anything after is banked...

Achievement tracker is the selfish reason why I don't like this.

The unselfish reason is that I've also found it uninteresting to add to an attribute category of 'banked' ... I get less and less involved in doing a weekly point task and getting into a routine where I'm finding myself checking games. I may be crazy, but I may also think some people might agree with me.

This isn't just recreates that will have this issue either.  Davos has 4 S41 prospects (non-recreates) that are in their second full VHLM season. All don't have the ability to improve their player for another 8 weeks.  That worries me slightly.

New dudes already have a good way to get into a level playing field with the 3 doubled PTs, the VHLM TC, other weekly tasks, and career tasks. Here's how quick they can get to 70 TPE

Week 1: Bio (10), RP (8), PT x 2 (12), VHLM TC (10), XM Radio (1) = 41 pts

Week 2: PT x 2 (12), XM Radio (1): 53 TPE

Week 3: PT x 2 (12), XM Radio (1): 65 TPE

• Admin

i think anyone should be forced out of VHLM after 3 seasons. bjorkstand or whatever his name is only had like 60 TPE and he's dominating.

For crying the fuck out loud, it was a mistake. Jardy and everyone up to now missed the fact the shouldn't be on Minot.

Why do you persist in using this as the core of your argument when I have explained this 3 times?

well, if they achieve 175 tpe at the end of the season, it's not bad since they had the experiment of seeing their player progress and shits. I'm not "scared" of not maxing out my achievement tracker, that's not my point. My point is : It sucks for members who needs to banked their TPE during the whole season when their career are only starting and see "average player" be as good as them at the end of the season (the 175 tpe mark). It just makes us "useless" or not game changing. I want to help my team to win, but my player isn't exceptional atm, he is only "average".

I'm pretty sure we put the cap at 175, no (although I argued for 200 and I'm pretty sure no one else agreed with me, maybe Coach included in that, at the time)? What's the complication? Anything after is banked...

I agreed that 200 was the way to go as well. Which is why I find it puzzling I get somewhat insulted for stating what was decided, not what I wanted.

From what I gathered:

Doesn't care about personal VHLM achievements/stats in the VHLM

Won't lose out on TPE because of it

Hates a level playing field

That sums it up right there.

For crying the fuck out loud, it was a mistake. Jardy and everyone up to now missed the fact the shouldn't be on Minot.

Why do you persist in using this as the core of your argument when I have explained this 3 times?

because there's still the capacity for someone like bjorkstand to exist? why is that not understood. take this to the next level.

Are you confused? It's a 175 attribute cap, meaning players can't update any attributes past 175 TPE and must bank. The cap could be 100 and it still wouldn't matter. The players who haven't been drafted to the VHL teams because their draft class doesn't come for an entire season can't go to the VHL regardless of TPE numbers. Again unless we were to alter/adjust rules. That is the issue at hand here. Several of these players have hit the attribute cap and they have a season to wait until they are eligible to go to the VHL. Ergo they had no choices, they simply have to stop updating their player for the rest of the season until they make it to the VHL. It isn't like they had an option to choose to stay down before the season started.

Are you confused? It's a 175 attribute cap, meaning players can't update any attributes past 175 TPE and must bank. The cap could be 100 and it still wouldn't matter. The players who haven't been drafted to the VHL teams because their draft class doesn't come for an entire season can't go to the VHL regardless of TPE numbers. Again unless we were to alter/adjust rules. That is the issue at hand here. Several of these players have hit the attribute cap and they have a season to wait until they are eligible to go to the VHL. Ergo they had no choices, they simply have to stop updating their player for the rest of the season until they make it to the VHL. It isn't like they had an option to choose to stay down before the season started.

I understand it fully mofo. Jesus that is direspectful of you. Again, they bank what they earn. What is so bad about that?

I understand it fully mofo. Jesus that is direspectful of you. Again, they bank what they earn. What is so bad about that?

I apologize but your posts came across as if you were saying they were choosing between going up and staying down.  I tried to word it in a non disrespectful manner. I wasn't the only one confused with your intentions in this thread either. But I digress. In regards to the issue, some people (in the case of Coach and Boubabi thus far) want to see progression with their players throughout their VHLM season and be able to earn the max of achievement tracker the one season they are in the VHLM.