VHLM Hard/Soft Cap

boubabi

• Senior Admin

Copycat!

Dang nabbit, you got me by 6 hours. You win. This time.

VHLM LR activity mainly 

Tbh that varies greatly from LR to LR. GM's need to generate the activity, and I know that some GM's do a very good job of it while others, not so much.

If the VHLM was full of recreates dominating, I wouldn't have fun. Just saying. What's the point? The way the current system is anyways I'll already always be in the recreates shadow. Which sure, good on the recreates for sticking around this long but don't take away the one advantage new members have to compete in the VHLM

Because it sucks when there's a capacity for these guys to lead the league in scoring.  How is it good that they take points away from younger people who potentially will grow into the VHL?

Someone at less than 115 TPE in 3 seasons should just retire IMO

And what will teams fill their roster up with? ... Worthless CPUs? What happens when they claim actives from the waiver wire. They will be completely crushed and not be able to produce and not have these somewhat skills inactives to play with and get their stats up.

Keeps the league more competitive this way, don't you think?

anyway, this is bullcrap, I'll get over it but I do think this isn't why people are leaving and you should focus on other problems first. 

If LR activity is why they are leaving then it might be time to go look at the VHLM GM's and not the BOG for that.

• Admin

And what will teams fill their roster up with? ... Worthless CPUs? What happens when they claim actives from the waiver wire. They will be completely crushed and not be able to produce and not have these somewhat skills inactives to play with and get their stats up.

Keeps the league more competitive this way, don't you think?

Really the VHLM should be more like the VHL with 6f, 4d, and 1g. No point in weirdly inflated rosters which bear little resemblance to the real deal.

Inactive FAs now are just one spot per team anyway.

anyway, this is bullcrap, I'll get over it but I do think this isn't why people are leaving and you should focus on other problems first. 

I think you're wrong for the most part based on what people have said. They find the process too intimidating at the start.

I think we shouldn't allow mcDavid to play in the OHL, I mean, it might discouraged other hockey players

McDavid didn't magically "absorb" Wayne Gretzky's talent (carryover TPE) upon Gretzky's retirement. He gained his own talent (TPE) through practice and hard work in Atom, Peewee, Bantam, Midget hockey.

Should we create those leagues too for a more full, realistic career?

LR activity isn't meant to be only from the GM. Everyone must gave their equal part. But a GM who's talking to himself in the locker room doesn't look better.

Okay so what exactly is your point? Because right now you are just quoting common knowledge.

Guys, you get to enter the VHLM with 175 TPE while new members start with nothing. It can take weeks or months for them until the different rookie bonuses start to pay off and even then it's unlikely that they get to 175 TPE at all during their first year. And you are complaining about this league catering to rookies too much, about some 60 TPE inactive or a rookie having good stats over a 9-game span? Man the fuck up, this league does so much for recreates yet you still want more more more...

If inactives or rookies with 150 less TPE are outscoring you then maybe take a look at your build, blame your teams strategies or the randomness of the sim, or just accept the fact that being on a strong team can mean sacrificing individual success for team success. If you really need 300 TPE to have fun in this league, if you need to stomp on first-gens and rack up your points against players that don't have 150 less TPE than you but 250 or 300 then that's just pathetic. Suck it up and accept that you as a high-caliber recreate have responsibilities and that you can be a role model for new members. Nobody will care about your stupid VHLM stats or meaningless VHLM Awards in the long run and you certainly don't need these few extra TPE from the Achievement Tracker, but for new members all this can be critical and it will contribute heavily to the decision if they stay or leave. Yes, this league needs to be fun for both old and new members, but as someone who is so experienced and deeply rooted in this community, is it so hard to take a step back, to make a little sacrifice so that the new members have fun and stay on board? This is what the VHLM is for and I think that we sometimes forget that.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

• Admin

McDavid didn't magically "absorb" Wayne Gretzky's talent (carryover TPE) upon Gretzky's retirement. He gained his own talent (TPE) through practice and hard work in Atom, Peewee, Bantam, Midget hockey.

Should we create those leagues too for a more full, realistic career?

This is probably the most awesome shutdown of a butthurt argument I've ever seen.

I'm done, fuck this.

The problem is that you are reaching out for answers, shooting down a majority of them and somewhat being condescending at the same time. No better than the stink gorlab made in regards to your argument.

The way the VHLM works has been changed, so naturally so does the way it should be approached. IMO now the goal isn't to dominate, it's to prepare the user for the VHL and to accumulate what you can to succeed there. The reduced ability to dominate the VHLM makes staying there a less attractive option than moving up to the VHL, which is the whole point of the VHLM.

Edited by Doomsday