VHLM Hard/Soft Cap

boubabi

• Admin

Achievement tracker is the selfish reason why I don't like this.

The unselfish reason is that I've also found it uninteresting to add to an attribute category of 'banked' ... I get less and less involved in doing a weekly point task and getting into a routine where I'm finding myself checking games. I may be crazy, but I may also think some people might agree with me.

This isn't just recreates that will have this issue either.  Davos has 4 S41 prospects (non-recreates) that are in their second full VHLM season. All don't have the ability to improve their player for another 8 weeks.  That worries me slightly.

They seem to be faring quite nicely:

2drbaee.png

Not that Ackerman is anything near a first-gen but whatever. Or even AIM for the matter.

That seems to show that the best players are for the most part doing as good as they should be. Maybe Yukon is just really bad with line management?

because there's still the capacity for someone like bjorkstand to exist? why is that not understood. take this to the next level.

Are you, with 175 TPE, intimidated by an inactive FA with at best 115 TPE? I mean, I've advocated the removal of FA entirely in the VHLM, and now with 50 TPE CPU goalies I don't know why we keep it, but this does not seem a relevant point. Any active still has an advantage over inactives. There is A LOT less inactive production now than ever before.

I apologize but your posts came across as if you were saying they were choosing between going up and staying down.  I tried to word it in a non disrespectful manner. I wasn't the only one confused with your intentions in this thread either. But I digress. In regards to the issue, some people (in the case of Coach and Boubabi thus far) want to see progression with their players throughout their VHLM season and be able to earn the max of achievement tracker the one season they are in the VHLM. 

Again, I don't really care if they are S41 or S42. Obviously my earlier comment was directed at S41 draftees (playing in the VHL). Where as they are S42 and since these changes were made to stop high powered players dominating the VHLM, I'd say they have had their desired outcome so far, wouldn't you?

• Admin

Well, it's been 3 seasons (approx 6 months) and now lets add 2 months to that I haven't been able to upgrade my player. It's not that bad but I just see this just as boring as fuck.

No one's going to feel sorry for Lindberg, sorry.

Make it so that you no longer have any benefit to staying in the VHLM once you hit the cap.  That way the VHL teams will actually WANT to call up their players.

It's stupid that players would choose the VHLM over playing in the VHL.

again, it's not about that. It's about players who doesn't have any choice, we aren't drafted yet. I know our point will likely affect people who decide to stay down but in this case, it wasn't our choice.

Edited by boubabi

Well, it's been 3 seasons (approx 6 months) and now lets add 2 months to that I haven't been able to upgrade my player. It's not that bad but I just see this just as boring as fuck.

I feel so bad for you... It's not like this is a career crippling thing after all. You get to use the TPE next season!

Again, I don't really care if they are S41 or S42. Obviously my earlier comment was directed at S41 draftees (playing in the VHL). Where as they are S42 and since these changes were made to stop high powered players dominating the VHLM, I'd say they have had their desired outcome so far, wouldn't you?

The intent of the changes when they were made certainly had the desired outcome. Parity in the VHLM appears to be higher early on, but the sample size is small. I just find myself in the middle of the argument here. The concept of having your player an attribute cap basically a week into a new season and being faced with not seeing any progression until you get to the VHL for a season does indeed sound boring. However I don't know if I myself personally would be that bothered since like you, and others my opinion is always it's just the VHLM. My players stats in the VHLM really don't bug me that much, and so what I get less than the full 20 on achievement tracker? Again, not a huge deal.

But I can see why it is an issue for some, and just like we gave attention to the members who felt isolated and dominated by recreates I think this deserves attention as well. Whether we go full on radical with it like some of my other suggestions, or simply increase the attribute cap to something a bit higher so that these people could continue to progress until closer to when they get to the VHL. I mean either way your not going to make both sides perfectly happy. 

The intent of the changes when they were made certainly had the desired outcome. Parity in the VHLM appears to be higher early on, but the sample size is small. I just find myself in the middle of the argument here. The concept of having your player an attribute cap basically a week into a new season and being faced with not seeing any progression until you get to the VHL for a season does indeed sound boring. However I don't know if I myself personally would be that bothered since like you, and others my opinion is always it's just the VHLM. My players stats in the VHLM really don't bug me that much, and so what I get less than the full 20 on achievement tracker? Again, not a huge deal.

But I can see why it is an issue for some, and just like we gave attention to the members who felt isolated and dominated by recreates I think this deserves attention as well. Whether we go full on radical with it like some of my other suggestions, or simply increase the attribute cap to something a bit higher so that these people could continue to progress until closer to when they get to the VHL. I mean either way your not going to make both sides perfectly happy. 

Now how I saw it with Tom was that the difference between 175 and 300 really didn't improve my enjoyment at all. In fact, like we discussed, I would have been content bypassing the VHLM completely if I could have.

Now how I saw it with Tom was that the difference between 175 and 300 really didn't improve my enjoyment at all. In fact, like we discussed, I would have been content bypassing the VHLM completely if I could have.

And to respond to Devise in more detail, you start walking a thin line between giving recreates too much of an advantage again. I think this system is pretty fair, though I still argue 200 is a better number as a cap overall. But w/e no one supported me then (other than Kendrick I suppose)

And to respond to Devise in more detail, you start walking a thin line between giving recreates too much of an advantage again. I think this system is pretty fair, though I still argue 200 is a better number as a cap overall. But w/e no one supported me then (other than Kendrick I suppose)

Such is the nature of changes in general though. I feel we kind of knee jerked simply because we were hit by multiple high TPE recreates in the VHLM doing damage, and it got fueled by debating of newer members. You add in the previous 175 TPE cap, and we probably just assumed it'd be fine. Honestly I would even go as high as maybe 225 or 250. Assuming most of these recreates are earning their 9 TPE a week, in a given season they should earn 70ish TPE. So at the TPE numbers they are at now, they would hit the cap as the season is coming to an end. I don't think 250 TPE level players (near the end of the season too keep in mind) would tear up the VHLM too bad. But it's tough to say. 

Such is the nature of changes in general though. I feel we kind of knee jerked simply because we were hit by multiple high TPE recreates in the VHLM doing damage, and it got fueled by debating of newer members. You add in the previous 175 TPE cap, and we probably just assumed it'd be fine. Honestly I would even go as high as maybe 225 or 250. Assuming most of these recreates are earning their 9 TPE a week, in a given season they should earn 70ish TPE. So at the TPE numbers they are at now, they would hit the cap as the season is coming to an end. I don't think 250 TPE level players (near the end of the season too keep in mind) would tear up the VHLM too bad. But it's tough to say. 

I never assumed that, go back and re-read the thread. In fact, I argued for a higher cap. I think 250 is far too high though when new members begin at 0 and earn perhaps an extra 40 with current incentives.

well, just letting you know that I'm fine with having 250 tpe

Tbh, your opinion on high recreates is pretty much based on last year and with O'Malley and Richardson. Roidberg and those 2 were pretty much tpe whores. But before that, the TPE leader board was pretty fine.

Boubabi, just state what you want.

You want to score more? Ask your GM to trade you to a shit team.

It's only 10 games in ffs. In S28 in the VHL I was leading the league in goals and tied for first in points with Jenkins early in on the season. Leading Calgary in nearly every major statistical category by a pretty big margin and then after 30 games everything goes down the drain and I score like 3 points in the remaining 40+ games. I had 175 TPE, things can even out.

You guys have this great privilege of recreating with a high amount of TPE and can also stack up on retiring right after the trade deadline to extend the time you stay in the VHLM so you can start your career with 300ish TPE. You're upset because you're feeling bored that your player isn't outperforming others in the VHLM? You chose this route, live with it. VHLM trophies don't count for much, other than the cup and you will have a better chance at that than the inactive guy that's outscoring you.