Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

• 2 months later...

So this Overwatch beta. Pretty interesting stuff. I'm kinda sad that this is just going to be a Team DM style game with no single player component because the characters, charm, personality, and just variety of character types is very nice. 

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, STZ said:

Steam Winter Sale.... anyone have a recommendation?

Depends on what kinds of games you usually like, I actually think there are a ton of great games on sale today! The Banner Saga, Portal 2, The Beginners Guide, South Park: The Stick of Truth or Europa Universalis and the other Paradox games just to name a few that were featured on the front page when I looked.  And then of course there are the "obvious" topsellers like WItcher 3, Rocket League, Civilization V or Dark Souls II...

7 minutes ago, STZ said:

I thought of Rocket League.. I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned that I dont have 8)

Rocket League is amazing, probably the game I played the most over the last few months! Of course it helps that all Playstation Plus users could get it for free when it came out, so it has a huuuuge player base at least on PS4 and as far as I know it's very popular on PC as well (and allows cross-play too).

3 hours ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Depends on what kinds of games you usually like, I actually think there are a ton of great games on sale today! The Banner Saga, Portal 2, The Beginners Guide, South Park: The Stick of Truth or Europa Universalis and the other Paradox games just to name a few that were featured on the front page when I looked.  And then of course there are the "obvious" topsellers like WItcher 3, Rocket League, Civilization V or Dark Souls II...

After watching some videos of it, I bought Crusader Kings II yesterday in the sale. Haven't really had the time to properly get into it yet but will have a chance around Christmas as I've got two weeks off, but it seems like the kind of game I'd like. I noticed that I bought a Europa Universalis converter in the package with Crusader Kings II, so are they similar kind of games?

• Senior Admin
2 hours ago, XaviYEAH! Woods said:

After watching some videos of it, I bought Crusader Kings II yesterday in the sale. Haven't really had the time to properly get into it yet but will have a chance around Christmas as I've got two weeks off, but it seems like the kind of game I'd like. I noticed that I bought a Europa Universalis converter in the package with Crusader Kings II, so are they similar kind of games?

I just bought that paradox strategy package with CKII, EU4, Victoria II and something else that I don't remember :))

9 hours ago, XaviYEAH! Woods said:

They use the same basic engine and share quite a few mechanics so they are definitely comparable, I'd argue that Crusader Kings is somewhat harder to learn and a bit more complex though, as it requires more micromanagement. But it is a really unique game that has tons of great ideas and elements never before seen in any strategy game (I love the whole dynasty system and family building for example), so that alone makes it a very worthwhile experience. And as you have noticed you can even convert your CKII saves and use them as your starting point for EU4, although I've never tried that.

6 hours ago, Draper said:

I just bought that paradox strategy package with CKII, EU4, Victoria II and something else that I don't remember :))

Great purchase imho :). I bought that one too about half a year ago or so, started with CKII and then continued with EU4, but haven't tried Victoria II or Hearts of Iron III yet. You just get sooooo much content with that package!

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

• Head Moderator

Looking for some peeps to teamup for either Warhammer Vermintide, R6 or SW Battlefront on PC!

Edite: I love paradox games most times.

EU4 is one of the best grand strategy games I've played.

Edited by tfong

On 31.12.2015 at 7:14 PM, tfong said:

Looking for some peeps to teamup for either Warhammer Vermintide, R6 or SW Battlefront on PC!

Edite: I love paradox games most times.

EU4 is one of the best grand strategy games I've played.

I'd probably be up for some Battlefront on PC some time :)

12 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Just got NHL16 to battle with some guys. Who wants their win record to go up by facing ol' man Kendrick?

What console? I haven't played in a while, might be an easy win for ya

9 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

What console? I haven't played in a while, might be an easy win for ya

PS4, sorry forgot to list that. You'll have to wait if you have it, mines on route. I bought it cheap from eBay.

@Kendrick, I'd be down to play NHL 16 some time. I haven't been playing it much at all in the past month or so though, but I'm always pretty good no matter what for some reason. People love to play me and call me out or whatever, because for years between like NHL 11-14 I was a nut and one of those losers who got to go play test NHL at EA HQ. I'm not trying to brag because I do suck sometimes but I'm just saying even with awhile of a layoff I won't be too rusty and I'm still down to play.

Whoever doesn't have Rocket League, buy Rocket League. It basically took over my NHL playing. It's the game I play the most on my PS4.

Recently, I've bought Rainbow Six and Need for Speed. I can highly recommend Rainbow Six, and I would recommend Need for Speed too but it depends what your tastes are. People hate on it because it's a game where you can't play unless you're connected online, but that's not a problem for me.

I'm horrible with buying new games and never finishing older ones.

List of unfinished, but really close to finished games within the last while:

The Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Bloodborne

Batman: Arkham Knight

MGS: The Phantom Pain

19 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Kendrick, I'd be down to play NHL 16 some time. I haven't been playing it much at all in the past month or so though, but I'm always pretty good no matter what for some reason. People love to play me and call me out or whatever, because for years between like NHL 11-14 I was a nut and one of those losers who got to go play test NHL at EA HQ. I'm not trying to brag because I do suck sometimes but I'm just saying even with awhile of a layoff I won't be too rusty and I'm still down to play.

Whoever doesn't have Rocket League, buy Rocket League. It basically took over my NHL playing. It's the game I play the most on my PS4.

Recently, I've bought Rainbow Six and Need for Speed. I can highly recommend Rainbow Six, and I would recommend Need for Speed too but it depends what your tastes are. People hate on it because it's a game where you can't play unless you're connected online, but that's not a problem for me.

I'm horrible with buying new games and never finishing older ones.

List of unfinished, but really close to finished games within the last while:

The Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Bloodborne

Batman: Arkham Knight

MGS: The Phantom Pain

That's not bragging, I believe it considering you're in Vancouver and a high school buddy of mine tested them too.

When I get it, I'll message you my details. I still haven't set up a PSN Network thing or whatever.

I've been playing "The Last of Us" and really enjoying it.

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That's not bragging, I believe it considering you're in Vancouver and a high school buddy of mine tested them too.

When I get it, I'll message you my details. I still haven't set up a PSN Network thing or whatever.

I've been playing "The Last of Us" and really enjoying it.

TLoU is a phenomenal game. I'm really glad they remastered it for the PS4. I thought it looked fantastic on the PS3, so seeing it on the PS4 I was pleasantly surprised that it looks even better. I should really finish my playthrough of that too. I forgot to add The Last of Us: Remastered to that list of games I haven't completed yet. I played it a ton on the PS3 though so I suppose I have a bit of a reason for not finishing it again.

2 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

TLoU is a phenomenal game. I'm really glad they remastered it for the PS4. I thought it looked fantastic on the PS3, so seeing it on the PS4 I was pleasantly surprised that it looks even better. I should really finish my playthrough of that too. I forgot to add The Last of Us: Remastered to that list of games I haven't completed yet. I played it a ton on the PS3 though so I suppose I have a bit of a reason for not finishing it again.

I just love that right now I feel like I'm some Walking Dead character and go from town to town. It's honestly great for anyone that watches that show. 

14 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I just love that right now I feel like I'm some Walking Dead character and go from town to town. It's honestly great for anyone that watches that show. 

It definitely has that feel to it. I think a lot of people that first heard about the development of the game weren't sure how successful it would be because it was touted as another zombie-like survival game. It's easily a lot more than just that and gets you connected to the characters especially.

Multiplayer is also highly praised and gives its own unique experience.

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

It definitely has that feel to it. I think a lot of people that first heard about the development of the game weren't sure how successful it would be because it was touted as another zombie-like survival game. It's easily a lot more than just that and gets you connected to the characters especially.

Multiplayer is also highly praised and gives its own unique experience.

Yeah I'm not sure how Multiplayer would work, I haven't tried it. The storyline is incredible and characters are cool too