Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

40 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Dang that IS poorly advertised haha. Hard to believe that with all the YouTube ads and YouTube gamer videos I watch I didn't know about this!

Yeah, man. Pretty dumb. Last week when it came out, somebody posted a Reddit thread about early thoughts on the game. So many people didn't even know it came out. I had no idea either.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Soon. Not Yet. Waiting for it to go on sale on Steam... give it a couple of weeks haha

Well, I think it'll be a long wait. It's not even on Steam. It's a Battle.Net game.

Just buy the $40 version. You don't need the skins or "digital content" that the $60 USD version comes with.

I bought the $40 version and it's no different. Which begs me to question why the only version available for consoles is the $60USD Origins Edition. There is no cheaper option for consoles.

36 minutes ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

So who would be up for some Overwatch on PC, maybe tonight?

will be out of town this week but hit me up, I'm usually on for an hour or two most weeknights... 

Xbox >

So is Overwatch really that good?

Edit: I should just read this thread.

Edited by Shaka

On 1.7.2016 at 2:47 PM, Higgins said:

Has anyone played competitive mode on Overwatch yet?

currently have played 3/10 of my placement matches

I have played it a bit by now, went 5-5 in my placement matches but then had a pretty terrible run after that which dropped me from Lvl 46 to 40... Right now I sit at 42.

Btw if anyone is interested in playing some time, my battle.net tag is Clutch101#2622

Went 5-5 on my placement matches as well on PS4, but won my first match following them, so I'm currently at Level 44. Enjoying the mode, but it's been a bit annoying today as players are leaving in the minute prior to the opening of the gates, which for some reason leads to a long-ass wait to leave the game. 

Did play one competitive game in my initial ten where it got piss easy because the opposing team went down to 2 players!

Lol yeah the system is really dumb when people quit the game on the other team, you gain only a small fraction of what you normally would for a win.

I went 6-4 in placement and was 53 and have fallen to 43 :D

Totally just had the opposite happened now, we did OK on our attack of Route 66, but then two of our guys left before their turn to attack, and by the time I'd died once, we were down to two players, so I've dropped a rank, which is pretty BS tbh. Either take a loss or lose a rank because people left? 

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

BTW guys, NBA 2K16's My Career mode. The fuck? They actually ruined one of the best parts of the 2K games. 

It's relatively normal once you get past the stupid first year Spike Lee garbage.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

It's relatively normal once you get past the stupid first year Spike Lee garbage.

Yeah, played a couple of games after the fact and the mode itself looks a lot better now, but it's still pretty garbage how much they carry over from that initial start. There was a game intro sequence where the panel said that if my player was playing in Shaq's time he'd struggle playing against me, what part of a 7 point per game rookie season made them reach that conclusion?! The mode really does make you out to be a way bigger star than anyone with your statistics would have any right to be.

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

• Commissioner
26 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Yeah, played a couple of games after the fact and the mode itself looks a lot better now, but it's still pretty garbage how much they carry over from that initial start. There was a game intro sequence where the panel said that if my player was playing in Shaq's time he'd struggle playing against me, what part of a 7 point per game rookie season made them reach that conclusion?! The mode really does make you out to be a way bigger star than anyone with your statistics would have any right to be.

Yeah, I found they didn't adjust the commentary in game and stuff to really flow with how well you actually performed which was kinda annoying. It makes it out like I get a double double every game which is a bit of a stretch. The "cutscenes" also don't really change at all depending what you do. For example, I resigned with the Celtics my 2nd year (since they had the best offer) but the press conference for the decision still worded it as "I'll be taking my talents to the Boston Celtics" or something along those lines that didn't even make it sound like I had always been on that team.

It's also annoying that my player looks like some kind of fucked up troll because the actual creation options were pretty terrible; especially compared to say MLB: The Show which would have been the last game I created a player in.

Overall it's not a terrible game or mode but I'm glad they gave it to me for free. As a fan of MyCareer modes I found it a little iffy at times. I still think one of the best career modes I've ever played was the first one, it was Madden '08 I think. Nothing overly flashy about it but you could still customize your player and ask for trades and stuff without it feeling like everything was scripted to happen a certain way.

Edited by Beketov

What I liked about NBA 2k16 MyCareer is how I created a white player and my entire family is black.

I wouldn't have mind the backstory much if there wasn't so much drama. Like I didn't give a shit about Vic and he was actually the most annoying character ever created.

And yeah I agree the commentary was dumb, especially because I suck big time at this game.