S43 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

Fire Tortorella

That's fine, I'll make you guys regret that decision.

Haters gonna hate.

I mean I am not knocking you or saying you will be worse, just a personal choice. I wish you all the best on Stockholm though. At least there you have a chance at a cup.

I gotta admit the whole favouritism or bias towards Escabar over York Morgan isn't good for the VHLM. It's great to support your own teams player, but the VHLM is about promoting activity and when an established member is telling you that you'll always be second best, thats not the best message to send.

I gotta admit the whole favouritism or bias towards Escabar over York Morgan isn't good for the VHLM. It's great to support your own teams player, but the VHLM is about promoting activity and when an established member is telling you that you'll always be second best, thats not the best message to send.

I think that's just Seattle's thing? I don't get it, I think it's dumb, but I guess that's some sort of strategy move. Same as Tampa Bay Bucs saying they love Jameis Winston so anybody who wants him will have to severely overpay, albeit in a more dickish way.

• Admin

eh it's just Trifecta

Coming from a VHLM GM too.

Agreed, that is a terrible message to send.

No reason to come out and say that publicly.

I think both will be excellent players 

This. Even as Saskatoon's GM I never put down another VHLM team's upcoming draft prospects just to raise my own players stock. It's a developmental league, not a popularity contest and it shows where your head is at as a GM. Escobar, Morgan, who cares they will both be going in the first round and be making noise in the VHL soon enough. Just because you recruited one of them (which could also be argued) doesn't make the other worse. /rant

I agree and I feel that way about the shl or any sim league especially when new members have to go through a season of minors before they can experience the full experience of being a pro in this league or anyone