General Football Discussion

Victor

• Admin

Sick inference + escalation there. I don't care what you like or not, but sweeping statements and generalisations I will always oppose.

Also, .1 to .3 goal per game is a marginal difference as far as I'm concerned.

Sick inference + escalation there. I don't care what you like or not, but sweeping statements and generalisations I will always oppose.

Also, .1 to .3 goal per game is a marginal difference as far as I'm concerned.

1. It is my opinion that I hate the Serie A for it's lower scoring pace. That can be backed up by the last 5+ years in GPG, fact.

2. You seem personal offended by someone hating a league.

Goodness you make a tiny joke about a player not wanting to play in the Serie A because of offence and it's like the Serie A top scorer came on to shoot it down. Chill.

• Admin

How am I taking this personally? Go back through my posts.

- I misinterpret the joke - bad call

- I object to stereotyping but don't reply to post after because fuck going down that route.

- I then question the logic of calling a league defensive based on marginal and fluctuating differences and try to actually drop the topic here: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/1969-general-football-discussion/page-30#entry244535

There is literally no point why this should still be going.

How am I taking this personally? Go back through my posts.

- I misinterpret the joke - bad call

- I object to stereotyping but don't reply to post after because fuck going down that route.

- I then question the logic of calling a league defensive based on marginal and fluctuating differences and try to actually drop the topic here: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/1969-general-football-discussion/page-30#entry244535

There is literally no point why this should still be going.

Because you continued taking a slight poke at it haha. But yes you are not at fault, all me. I take full blame.

Coach, this is real life, not FIFA 14. 

You're gonna love Milner though. He's the real deal. Would be better off playing in a CM role. I think more like:

------------- Benteke ----- Sturridge -------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Lallana - Henderson --- Milner ----- Coutinho

Moreno ----- Lovren ------ Skrtel ------- Clyne

---------------------- Mignolet ----------------------

If you play a free-form 4-4-2 and let Coutinho and Lallana make free runs while Henderson and Milner monitor the center and wings (where they both have experience) you can get pretty great cutting runs. This way Milner can also get out wide and swap with Coutinho during live play to put in a cross to the far post for Benteke.

you think Aguero's top 5 in the world, and I think this is FIFA? really don't understand your comment there.  because i said "benteke isn't a nobody"? ... he had a great end of the year.  i know he's not a tier one player, but he's certainly solid.

until sturridge is fit (not for at least a month... maybe a little more), we might go with only one true striker.

I think I know the answer, but is Benteke even worth close to that amount of money? Related...have you seen how much BR has spent on players so far :wacko:

We've still probably got about 20M pounds to spend after this based on prior years' budgets.  Liverpool Echo does a nice job of keeping you informed on how much money we've still got.

and based on guys like Sterling etc. price... I think it's a decent price (32.5M pounds). Overpaying a bit, but hopefully it pans out.

Edited by CoachReilly

Coach, you've got me wrong. I like Benteke and think he's high class, I was just making the joke that people seem to overrate him because of how well he performs in FIFA games. 

Chelsea made a bid for Stones today at £20m which Everton promptly rejected. That kid is going to be worth £60m one day so good for them.

Casilla to Real Madrid, so that'll pretty much quash the De Gea speculation ...for now.

If I'm De Gea I see all the crap that Real players put up with... especially probably hearing it for himself from Di Maria. No way I'd take that transfer no matter the money. Barca or Atleti would pay just as much if he wanted to go to Spain. Right now though, and it pains me to say this, he has everything he could ever want at United.

Delph changes his mind, does want to go to City after all.

Shame, it's always nice to see guys stick it out in lower clubs.

Seriously?

That's pretty good news... must have convinced him that just because his fee is relatively low his play time won't be.

I believe Delph would have been better off in Villa but will welcome him with open arms.

• Admin

Perhaps he was hoping that Benteke would stay, otherwise Villa are going backwards and he's 25 I think? Had to make the jump soon and I suppose he wouldn't walk into any of the Champ Lge team midfields, so might as well go somewhere that really needs English players.

With Toure seemingly 1-2 years away from being done, Delph could well be the best at City in that position.

It's better now than a couple years ago. Baby steps victor...

I'd say within 10-15 years we'll see MLS become a top 6-7 league in the world with increasing resources, popularity, and infrastructure. As is, the league has improved considerably over the past 5+ seasons.

Yeah I'd say MLS is good for NA fans because they can go watch it, but I just hope they don't start making player comparisons and arguments like that. Because realistically they couldn't hold a candle next to the European leagues.

Yeah I'd say MLS is good for NA fans because they can go watch it, but I just hope they don't start making player comparisons and arguments like that. Because realistically they couldn't hold a candle next to the European leagues.

Right now MLS is probably on par with the Swiss league, which puts it around 11-13 internationally. So yeah, lots of work ahead before it's anywhere close to the big boys.