HSK/TOR ; S43

Will

I still don't know the ruling on deadline deals. As in I don't know if a deal needs to be accepted by both parties before the end of the deadline or just simply posted before then for it to be still considered acceptable.

Changing it to the other method would improve that, since realistically if Edgar didn't accept the trade via the PM before the deadline it wouldn't be considered official. 

You don't know the ruling because nothing has been officially stated about it.

Changing it to the other method wouldn't improve that. Edgar would still have to post his acceptance of the trade, just in a different place.

I suppose it would allow for something like the GM's PMing the Blue Team about the deal days in advance saying "make this official on [this day]" but you could just do that in a public post as well. However that might spoil some of the excitement of the trade deadline (or rather it might if there were any excitement to the trade deadline).

Yeah my solution was meant as a "future" thing anyways. It's an idea for the future. Fixing this issues as it stands is still required. 

Tbh I don't even think it's anything that needs to be "fixed," just defined. I guess maybe that's what you mean by fix though.

For reference for those coming into the thread: If you're doing a lawyer-esque strict read of the Rule Book, the two relevant mentions are:

After the trade deadline, no trades are allowed to be posted until the end of the playoffs.

The trade was posted in time, says nothing about acceptances.

After the trade deadline (approximately Game 280) teams are not allowed to trade players until after the last game of the playoffs.

Still says nothing about acceptances, nor posting, but if you're going to have grounds for a veto this is where you'd do it. Past precedent as Streetlight was mentioning is something completely different, but obviously haven't been around as long as others so can't speak to that. (And I doubt this situation has come up much.)

Should it be tightened up for the future? Probably. If two sides agree to a deal and it's within a reasonable timeframe around the Trade Deadline though, I don't see the point of being a stickler about it. But that's just personal opinion.

Honestly their should be a rule where the as long as the trade is posted before the end of that day it should be allowed and both parties should have to accept it.

Yeah but technically then Edgar could come in a week later and accept.

So then are we just ignoring the fact that this trade wasn't accepted before the trade deadline?

Normally this wouldn't be allowed to go through. I'm actually pretty sure there's precedence of not allowing trades that weren't accepted in time. But as Draper stated, there's a reason it's being allowed.

Normally this wouldn't be allowed to go through. I'm actually pretty sure there's precedence of not allowing trades that weren't accepted in time. But as Draper stated, there's a reason it's being allowed.

Yeah, I mentioned in one of my recent podcasts that it happened with you and I once upon a time. Granted, you posted a deal that we hadn't discussed and I wasn't online to see it (Esposito trade in Season 22).

Cause Fever is taking over in Toronto. #Rumours