So I went over to SHL?

cHaOs

Victor is already at 1/3rd of my tpe, which I've amassed after 4+ seasons of solid and consistent activity, and his career LITERALLY hasn't started yet.

Im about ready to get back on my Fuck VHL shit, in an extra big way.

WTF are you talking about?

I have 658 TPE, which is 164(ish) less then your GM who recreated at the same time.

Neither of you fucks should have more tpe than someone like myself who has consistently updated and hovered around the 9tpe/week cap for a good portion of my career. Whatever it is that is allowing this to happen needs to be looked at (I have no idea what it is because if I did, I would be abusing it like you guys do)

Victor is already at 1/3rd of my tpe, which I've amassed after 4+ seasons of solid and consistent activity, and his career LITERALLY hasn't started yet.

Im about ready to get back on my Fuck VHL shit, in an extra big way.

oh boy lol

Do u fill out 9/9 every week?

What do you think?

idk Gorlab, didn't see ur previous post when I was typing (u posted after I typed it).

It's from a few things - achievement tracker, recruitment, donations and the fantasy games/pick 'em

Take away Kendrick's and Green's tpe imo. Also can someone explain to me how exactly BOOM has like 900 tpe in 2 seasons? (no offence boom)

I've consistently done point tasks and held jobs for a majority of my VHL career and am somehow trailing people who's current player's career started 2-3 seasons after mine.

If this league actually wants to grow, then this needs to be addressed or else it's just gonna be the same 10 people making elite players over and over again, while everyone else gets turned off due to the sheer impossibility of being competitive with these people.

I agree with this perspective also.

I think that we should look at having current players pay into a "NHLPA-style" retirement fund - much more similar to a pension as well.

Say for example that any TPE earned over 1,000 is applied to your next player. This creates a level playing field for all regardless of how quickly you accumulate TPE.

This allows players who retire and create a new player to stay consistently competitive and also allows them to get up to speed much faster when they retire and recreate.

But we all know nothing will change. 

I agree with this perspective also.

I think that we should look at having current players pay into a "NHLPA-style" retirement fund - much more similar to a pension as well.

Say for example that any TPE earned over 1,000 is applied to your next player. This creates a level playing field for all regardless of how quickly you accumulate TPE.

This allows players who retire and create a new player to stay consistently competitive and also allows them to get up to speed much faster when they retire and recreate.

But we all know nothing will change. 

I can feel the rush of comments about changing history and record books, etc. coming already, but I would like something like this. 

I wish the league were at a point that builds were more important and diverse, if the limit was lower than 1,000 (the ways we earn TPE would need to be different), then we could actually see some interesting and diverse builds. I'd love to see more realistic attributes in the sim instead of all players essentially hitting 99s across the board in their prime. Someone in the SHL posted this recently, what Jonathan Quick's STHS build would be and it really made me wish we were closer to this model, as it would make things more interesting, in my opinion:

Jonathan Quick in our league would be 741 TPE

SK 87

DU 90

SZ 83

AG 88

RB 89

SC 88

HJ 92

RT 90

PH 88

Fuck the "history books." Yes it changes the entire map of the league but it rewards veterans more for their experience than the current system and only asks that new members put in the work in the first four or five seasons but really gives them an opportunity to succeed and play with the big boys eventually. As it is set up now, unless you've been here for five or six years then you don't stand a competitive chance to really be a "legend."

Really fucks with the entire point of this sim league which is that everyone has the opportunity to create their own superstar.

There are like 70 active users in a league that has been around nearly a decade. This place needs a refresh desperately. It's not that it doesn't work well as it is now but it could be better. Point tasks need a refocus, there needs to be equal parity with both players and teams/conferences and overall discussion needs an injection of vitality.

But we want to encourage re-creates. So what if they get an extra 100 TPE because of that, the build is what matters. Also the carryover rewards anyone to continue earning TPE on their current player.

But we want to encourage re-creates. So what if they get an extra 100 TPE because of that, the build is what matters. Also the carryover rewards anyone to continue earning TPE on their current player.

Nothing about what I've suggested would discourage re-creates. As a matter of fact it would allow your re-created player the possibility of starting their career with maybe 500-700 TPE given the example carryover proposal I've made. That would mean that 2nd and 3rd gen players could very easily come right into the league and be competitive rather than having to progress through the traditional VHLM process.

I personally think the current system is flawless, but I think that recreates must be done after VHLm and VHL playoffs, that way it's less weeks of TPE and a year for donations for recreates.

So you would make absolutely no changes to the current format?

I'm not proposing change for the sake of change. I genuinely don't understand why we allow players to earn 99s in every category and then let them retire and keep 10% of their haul anyway.

And that's coming from the guy who thought all this shit up. But I never expected to get to season 44! Fuck... at the time I created this league no other league had ever made it to a 10th season. Recreating wasn't even a common thing. I didn't expect the league to be this successful or that policy to be so common.

Edited by brooks.

Nothing about what I've suggested would discourage re-creates. As a matter of fact it would allow your re-created player the possibility of starting their career with maybe 500-700 TPE given the example carryover proposal I've made. That would mean that 2nd and 3rd gen players could very easily come right into the league and be competitive rather than having to progress through the traditional VHLM process.

Doesn't that lead to the same issue gorlab pointed out about turning off new members? If I were to come in here and I saw that the draft class I was joining was filled with people already halfway to the max build what would be my motivation to stay?

Doesn't that lead to the same issue gorlab pointed out about turning off new members? If I were to come in here and I saw that the draft class I was joining was filled with people already halfway to the max build what would be my motivation to stay?

That's a fair point... the idea though is that they wouldn't exceed 1,000 TPE (that's just a random number, we could change it. I don't know what a common TPE total is these days).

Eventually, if you put in the work, you would catch up to those players. It is absolutely possible. As it is now you don't really stand a chance of catching up unless you are active in the league for multiple years. So yes, there would be a large parity gap at the beginning of a brand new person's career but by the time they go to recreate the first time that member would be able to compete right away.

Brooks - Read the whole part. Re-creates with carry-over should not have the ability to have a season and a half + an off-season before they get drafted.

I never suggested that they should... If we're implementing rules then that should be one we add/change also. I don't think that's a bad idea! 

I never suggested that they should... If we're implementing rules then that should be one we add/change also. I don't think that's a bad idea!

my whole statement there practically suggested that carry over recreates shouldn't be able to get that extra 30-60 TPE and get donations from an extra year and all that.

my whole statement there practically suggested that carry over recreates shouldn't be able to get that extra 30-60 TPE and get donations from an extra year and all that.

Sorry bud I only just joined the conversation on page five and didn't read further back. Hold please.

donations for TPE?

i bet the VHL commish is making way more $ than park

That really should be limited. There's no way it costs more than $20/month MAX to run this league. I agree that the commissioners deserve incentive but not if they're not actively working to both manage and improve the league.

Maybe create a max amount of TPE to be carried over? Such as 100 or something?

That would defeat the purpose. You see at that point if we both capped TPE at a certain level and limited the amount of carryover we would have members possibly go inactive out of lack of things to do.

Unless you maintain that no changes need to be made to the current accumulation format - only the recreation process. At which point we just simply fundamentally disagree.

That would defeat the purpose. You see at that point if we both capped TPE at a certain level and limited the amount of carryover we would have members possibly go inactive out of lack of things to do.

Unless you maintain that no changes need to be made to the current accumulation format - only the recreation process. At which point we just simply fundamentally disagree.

even if you cap carryover to 100 TPE, if someone recreates in the "prime" time they would need 1,250 TPE to max out their carryover.

Coach you realize recruiting rewards have been changed, right?

about time. only took 4 seasons after i started complaining about it. 

what are the actual new rules? probably still too much TPE being given out. 

boom's guy is not all that bad.  Karnage is the absolute worst in history in terms of recruitment abuse.  No offense to boubabi because he did it within the rules, but he and I discussed what a joke it was how much TPE he was getting from recruitment... 

Edited by CoachReilly