So I went over to SHL?

cHaOs

but what would the point be? I think condensing the update window in the pro league is a little short-sighted in my opinion.  and it would still suck for a noob even if he declared early for the VHL, wouldn't it?

Agreed on both accounts... hmm. Let me think on a compromise for that.

What do you mean condensing the update window?

Agreed on both accounts... hmm. Let me think on a compromise for that.

What do you mean condensing the update window?

not sure if you're saying to allow people to start their clock at 350 TPE  and also enforce a TPE limit of 1,000 TPE... this would shorten the window in the VHL where you're actually updating your player... just something else to consider

edit: also how would it affect the VHL Draft?  would you only become eligible for VHL Draft when you decide? or would you still be eligible at the same time and your clock would just start when you want?

You'd probably have to declare yourself draft eligible. Much like NCAA basketball to the NBA. You can go to college all four years if you want or declare yourself eligible after one season.

Tbf these guys worked hard to get to these crazy amounts. It's not like the SHL where u can only spend 10 minutes a week to get that amount.

I agree - but they're at the point where they're banking because they're fully updated, and not depreciating for a few more seasons.

I agree - but they're at the point where they're banking because they're fully updated, and not depreciating for a few more seasons.

2-3 people out of how many? Better than the situation in the SHL (why I left).

not sure if you're saying to allow people to start their clock at 350 TPE  and also enforce a TPE limit of 1,000 TPE... this would shorten the window in the VHL where you're actually updating your player... just something else to consider

Yeah it absolutely would shorten it. So perhaps we could implement a rolling scale. 1st gen is a 1,000 TPE cap, 2nd gen is 1,200, 3rd gen is 1,400 and so on. Just brainstorming.

Those numbers are complete examples. I'm not even sure if this is a common problem but I'd say the response to this thread shows it's an issue people seem to care about.

But yes I'm saying exactly that. Once your first player gets to 1,000 tpe the remaining points earned carry over to your re-create. So theoretically you could start with even 1,000 TPE if you worked hard enough. Having said that you'd still have to keep working towards your next player so unless you didn't plan on re-creating there would be incentive to continue doing PTs and jobs.

Or we could allow you to re-distribute your current player's TPE and apply a fraction of your banked TPE.

I'm not sure. This is hardly the forum to be brainstorming in. Just throwing ideas out here to see what sticks. I genuinely feel like this league needs to evaluate some of the policies that have been in place and never questioned - that's where I'm at is all. Even if nothing is changed at least we are talking about possible improvements. 

• Commissioner

They should invest in the look of the whole forum. Original logos, a new host, a new design.

Wouldn't help. I helped them move to jcink when they did it and laid out a nicely organized and sexy forum for them. Within two weeks they ruined it by moving everything around and making it a clusterfuck. They have their ways, we have ours I guess.

And yes, I worked my ass off with Lindberg to get that 75 tpe edge. From that, I've stayed by the rules. Remember when Slaughter was considered as a tpe whore more than anyone?

I'm a huge proponent of the VHLM being boring - but my stance is from that of a recreate. I don't think first gen players hate the VHLM like I do, because it is a new experience and it can be very exciting. That's why what I proposed might extend the VHLM for 1 season for a first gen, but helps to bypass it for the recreates based on the system that Brooks proposed.

It also evens the playing field for when they enter.

In terms of being drafted, I think that players would still enter the VHL Draft based on when they create - but that doesn't mean they have to come up immediately if they were under the cap and didn't want to. We don't want to let them evaluate who has picks and then decide, that system should remain unchanged.

Maybe prospects (1st gen) choose whether 1 or 2 seasons. Re-created can do a half-season

With Brooks' proposal, there is no need for a half season at all.

Prospects wouldn't "choose" but it would be dictated by their earning rate.

And yes, I worked my ass off with Lindberg to get that 75 tpe edge. From that, I've stayed by the rules. Remember when Slaughter was considered as a tpe whore more than anyone?

slaughter started doing welfare / no job because he was such a whore and there was no point to him updating anymore.  

Not all of boubabi's extraneous TPE is from recruitment efforts. I'll be honest, I'm really not sure how it's getting so bad with some of these guys, but I assure you Richardson has added far more recruitment TPE than boubabi. Yeah, he's a couple seasons ahead of him, but we're talking double, maybe triple the amount that boubabi has, and he won't be catching up in his career.

Richardson also has put in tons of work. You guys have always painted it as a bad thing that I have so much TPE from recruitment. It got so bad I stopped doing it and we had barely 20 prospects in last seasons draft. I actually put in work, and the amount of negative comments I've received over time for basically following the recruitment rules is unfair.

Richardson also has put in tons of work. You guys have always painted it as a bad thing that I have so much TPE from recruitment. It got so bad I stopped doing it and we had barely 20 prospects in last seasons draft. I actually put in work, and the amount of negative comments I've received over time for basically following the recruitment rules is unfair.

Well I don't really know how it works for recruiter bonus but I think that it's important not to disrupt league parity. Obviously not your fault for using the policy to your advantage. Not like anyone ever wrote Matt Cornell death threats for all the loopholes he found.

Well I don't really know how it works for recruiter bonus but I think that it's important not to disrupt league parity. Obviously not your fault for using the policy to your advantage. Not like anyone ever wrote Matt Cornell death threats for all the loopholes he found.

Do I agree recruitment points are high? Yes, not as high as they used to be though. What I do find baffling though is the same guys telling me my TPE is too high because of it, have recruited jack shit for the forum. Thus isn't it TPE envy?

I mean there have been posts well in the past where I simply post and get out. But now forums don't allow you to do that so I actually more than likely do have to stay around and lurk before recruiting. Hell, on some sights I've been there for years talking people up before posting. It takes time and because it's me doing it, people here have a problem with it. I will stop recruiting for now on and we'll continue to be dry and stale.

We need more Nibbz here

Do I agree recruitment points are high? Yes, not as high as they used to be though. What I do find baffling though is the same guys telling me my TPE is too high because of it, have recruited jack shit for the forum. Thus isn't it TPE envy?

I mean there have been posts well in the past where I simply post and get out. But now forums don't allow you to do that so I actually more than likely do have to stay around and lurk before recruiting. Hell, on some sights I've been there for years talking people up before posting. It takes time and because it's me doing it, people here have a problem with it. I will stop recruiting for now on and we'll continue to be dry and stale.

I hope you really didn't take that away from what I'm saying. It's absolutely not a problem for me that you're doing this work and benefiting from it. That's, frankly, the nature of hard work.

I hope you really didn't take that away from what I'm saying. It's absolutely not a problem for me that you're doing this work and benefiting from it. That's, frankly, the nature of hard work.

No it isn't just felt like recapping the threads point of view from some. It's like if one guy goes out and earns millions of dollars, the naysayers will always question how he got it even if he shows proof. Meanwhile these naysayers could've put their efforts towards making the same millions.

No it isn't just felt like recapping the threads point of view from some. It's like if one guy goes out and earns millions of dollars, the naysayers will always question how he got it even if he shows proof. Meanwhile these naysayers could've put their efforts towards making the same millions.

Pretty much exactly it hahaha. Just don't go full Donald Trump on us. ;)