So I went over to SHL?

cHaOs

Essentially my proposal is as follows:

• Current player TPE accumulation would be capped at a maximum score (TBD, for the purposes of this proposal we will use an example of 1,000 TPE cap)
  • Once the member's current player reaches the TPE cap any further earned TPE is then paid forward to the member's next created player.
  • There would be no carryover percentage penalty.

Edit: Also proposing that new members be allowed to enter the VHLM and participate in that league for a maximum of three seasons or 400 TPE, whichever comes first. That player's eight season career cap does not begin until their first VHL eligible season. Credit: Molholt

Pros:

• Players would be required to build a type of player rather than maxing out the same abilities to 99. This would create diversity, player parity and create a new challenge to all members when choosing where to apply a finite amount of TPE.
  • New members would not feel as though the parity gap is insurmountable and would be given the opportunity to, with time and effort, compete on the same level as members who have been in the league a long while.
  • Veteran members would be rewarded for their efforts on past players and consistent weekly contributions to point tasks. 
  • Veteran members who recreate will be able to compete at a high skill level immediately upon recreation and would not need to travel the same path through the VHLM.

Cons: 

• New members will find it difficult to crack a VHL roster within the first three-five seasons. 
  • The current format would be entirely eliminated which would entirely change the player dynamic in the league.
  • Other unanticipated consequences.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm genuinely curious if anyone feels a change like this would be necessary or if you would like to include any other proposed changes to the way TPE is earned, accumulated and distributed as well as the re-creation process versus league parity.

Edited by brooks.

I think one way to quell any possible reservations for new members - allow the VHLM to have a higher TPE cap before you're forced to enter the VHL and don't count VHLM seasons towards a player's career total (with a reasonable cap, ie. 3 seasons).

So, if the VHLM cap was 350 instead of 200, players could come into the VHL with around 400 TPE with training camp/predictions and such from the new season. To be able to reach this point, allow them to stay in the VHLM longer without it taking away from their VHL careers - their VHL career clock would start once they actually play their first game in the VHL.

It also allows a member who goes inactive or loses interest to come back within a reasonable timeframe and not feel the need to completely start over, being able to pick back up as it wouldn't negatively affect their VHL career.

---

All meant as if the above proposal were put into place. I don't think these changes are as relevant to the current state.

Edited by Molholt

I think one way to quell any possible reservations for new members - allow the VHLM to have a higher TPE cap before you're forced to enter the VHL and don't count VHLM seasons towards a player's career total (with a reasonable cap, ie. 3 seasons).

So, if the VHLM cap was 350 instead of 200, players could come into the VHL with around 400 TPE with training camp/predictions and such from the new season. To be able to reach this point, allow them to stay in the VHLM longer without it taking away from their VHL careers - their VHL career clock would start once they actually play their first game in the VHL.

It also allows a member who goes inactive or loses interest to come back within a reasonable timeframe and not feel the need to completely start over, being able to pick back up as it wouldn't negatively affect their VHL career.

---

All meant as if the above proposal were put into place. I don't think these changes are as relevant to the current state.

I like this idea. Like a warranty, 400 TPE or 3 seasons, whichever comes first.

I know I'm from SBA which makes it hard to compare given that there are more attributes to spend points on, but I think a harder update scale could be a good start

---

I'm a big fan of everything above.

Would we want to delve into player types?

Also you can make a HoF with 500-600 tpe like I never have

Well if TPE is a finite resource then you would have no choice but to now carefully select which attributes you focus on improving.

VHLM is the most boring part of the VHL

And you shouldn't look at those 3 players to base yourself on what is going on. Koenig would be the perfect player to look at since he started with full 75 tpe, created at the deadline and went 9/9 everyweek with no bonuses.

Having constanlt 9/9 in a whole career is very hard to acheive. Those who did or do needs a job that gives easy tpe like mine and boom's one. But, those aren't available for everymembers so we got to accept that our player case is different

@gorlab

I worked my ass like you for my first gen player, I went full 9/9 every week but I was still behind Tordahl because he had an edge on me with his 75 tpe at the beginning, plus he had more time to add tpes. Nonetheless, Lindberg was a HoF so if you put enough work, even if you are behind of those guys, it doesn't matter, you'll have good or better career.

about time. only took 4 seasons after i started complaining about it. 

what are the actual new rules? probably still too much TPE being given out. 

boom's guy is not all that bad.  Karnage is the absolute worst in history in terms of recruitment abuse.  No offense to boubabi because he did it within the rules, but he and I discussed what a joke it was how much TPE he was getting from recruitment... 

Richardson and O'Malley say hi you biased fuck.

Edited by Streetlight

I remember once upon a time Coach took recruitment TPE for swoosh even though he listed me as his recruiter. That was back when it was, like, 1 TPE for recruiting someone and another 1 for them reaching 200 TPE or something like that.

Though I think swoosh had said multiple people brought him to the league, but I know I was listed as having recruited him.

Edited by Streetlight

Richardson and O'Malley say hi you biased fuck.

dude he's like 100 or so TPE behind them with 2 seasons to catch up.  they're almost as bad (good?), but not quite.  relax.  my point was not to point out that boubabi is evil, but that even he, the greatest recruitment TPE earner ever, agrees that the recruitment TPE was way out of control.

and gorlab called out boom who is 200 or so TPE behind boubabi (his own GM), so say hey to that bias mother fucker for me while you're at it.

on the swoosh thing, i've probably earned like 5-10 TPE from recruiting my entire career ... even though i created/ran the VFL which brought a good amount of valuable members in.  don't really remember it other than that - i'm pretty sure swoosh got to the VFL prior to VHL and joined through there, but what do i know

on the 350 TPE limit for VHLM... tons of people find the VHLM boring and tons of new members would be turned off by the few 350 TPE minor leaguers dominating ... it would take 2+ years for first gens to get decent in the VHLM

dude he's like 100 or so TPE behind them with 2 seasons to catch up.  they're almost as bad (good?), but not quite.  relax.  my point was not to point out that boubabi is evil, but that even he, the greatest recruitment TPE earner ever, agrees that the recruitment TPE was way out of control.

and gorlab called out boom who is 200 or so TPE behind boubabi (his own GM), so say hey to that bias mother fucker for me while you're at it.

Not all of boubabi's extraneous TPE is from recruitment efforts. I'll be honest, I'm really not sure how it's getting so bad with some of these guys, but I assure you Richardson has added far more recruitment TPE than boubabi. Yeah, he's a couple seasons ahead of him, but we're talking double, maybe triple the amount that boubabi has, and he won't be catching up in his career.

on the 350 TPE limit for VHLM... tons of people find the VHLM boring and tons of new members would be turned off by the few 350 TPE minor leaguers dominating ... it would take 2+ years for first gens to get decent in the VHLM

Agree for sure but instead of being in the VHLM for one season every time you start a new career you'd only have to do it once and bite the bullet in the beginning. And you can certainly waive the VHLM 400/3 if you want and make yourself immediately eligible if preferred.

Not all of boubabi's extraneous TPE is from recruitment efforts. I'll be honest, I'm really not sure how it's getting so bad with some of these guys, but I assure you Richardson has added far more recruitment TPE than boubabi. Yeah, he's a couple seasons ahead of him, but we're talking double, maybe triple the amount that boubabi has, and he won't be catching up in his career.

holy shit you're right.  however, kendrick does have a shit ton more recruits, whereas boubabi had about 50 TPE from 2 recruits and doubling every single one of rathod's milestones since he was retroactively recruited during recruitment drive.  again, sterling approved of it ... but doubling a milestone is flat ridiculous.

also - somehow the cut crew was approved to go over the 9 TPE max for awhile. not sure if that's still alive, but that was a very slight add.

Agree for sure but instead of being in the VHLM for one season every time you start a new career you'd only have to do it once and bite the bullet in the beginning. And you can certainly waive the VHLM 400/3 if you want and make yourself immediately eligible if preferred.

but what would the point be? I think condensing the update window in the pro league is a little short-sighted in my opinion.  and it would still suck for a noob even if he declared early for the VHL, wouldn't it?

edit: also how would it affect the VHL Draft?  would you only become eligible for VHL Draft when you decide? or would you still be eligible at the same time and your clock would just start when you want?

Edited by CoachReilly