NHL 15 VHL Sim

I'm just curious. Is anyone interested in a VHL sim on NHL 15?

I'd create all of us of course. Although, I don't think it would work if I created our teams because the roster sizes wouldn't work. Unless I created a bunch of CPU's like QUE C1, etc but there's no way I'm doing that because that's a stupid amount of work.

I suppose what would have to happen would be that I gather some GM's and do a fantasy draft to fill out our full teams of 20 player rosters?

Ballerstorm has done this over on SHL and I think it would be cool to get something going. I could live stream the games as well.

Just seeing what kind of interest there is to this.

Yeah, I've already created some of the Meute.

I'm just going by general things I figured myself, like:

Skating = Speed, Agility, Endurance, Acceleration.

Scoring = WSA/P, SSA/P

Puck Handling = Deking, Puck Control

Defense = Def. Awareness, Stick Checking

Strength = Strength, Balance

That's basically the jist of it. Although I figured 90 is max for speed because I don't want a bunch of superstars flying around the ice.

Yeah, I've already created some of the Meute.

I'm just going by general things I figured myself, like:

Skating = Speed, Agility, Endurance, Acceleration.

Scoring = WSA/P, SSA/P

Puck Handling = Deking, Puck Control

Defense = Def. Awareness, Stick Checking

Strength = Strength, Balance

That's basically the jist of it. Although I figured 90 is max for speed because I don't want a bunch of superstars flying around the ice.

Pretty much on the right track. I don't know if any new stats were added in for 15, but what I had back in NHL 13 was this:

CK = Body Checking, Aggressiveness

FG = Fighting Skill

DI = Discipline

SK = Speed, Agility, Acceleration

ST = Strength, Balance

PH = Puck Control, Deking, Hand Eye

FO = Faceoffs

PA = Passing, Offensive Awareness

SC = SS Power, SS Accuracy, WS Power, WS Accuracy

DF = Shot Blocking, Defensive Awareness, Stick Checking

Poise started at 60 with players who had been just drafted, and then would increase by 5 points every season you go back. So a S45 player has 60 poise, S44 would be 65, S43 would be 70, etc. I don't know how the potential system even works anymore, so I'm pretty sure what I had a few years back isn't relevant anymore. What I had was similar to poise though. Most recent draftees would be 5 stars (if they were active), then the older the player was the lower their potential. Though that was just a super simplified system that didn't really take any actual factors into account.

Edited by Sandro

Actually I believe I could just make our VHL teams. I'm able to have VHLers play every single line like in this sim. All I had to do was just take the other guys off but still have them dressed to play. Not sure how well that would go over with a guy like Wylde playing every shift, but maybe it's worth a sim.

Nope. That's what makes it even harder, having to do all the player movements from the created players in free agency to their NHL teams.

Usually in previous years you could just create a team and pick what players you want. But the way it is now I have to move NHL players into FA and move the createds into their spot.

I guess I'll have to just choose jerseys that are similar to ours, like I did with LA Kings/Quebec City. Stockholm I guess will be Nashville, Toronto the Leafs, etc etc.

idk what system this is on but if its 360 or ps3 you can use nhl view and edit the players on your computer and transfer rosters

It's on the PS4. Takes longer to create and edit players than on the PS3 also.

I'd like to be a part of this

You will be. I've created the Meute, and will probably create Cologne next.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd give a bit of an update, as I do plan on going through with this.

Seeming as NHL 16 comes out in a month, I don't see a point in finishing the creation of all the active players of the VHL. If I finished this now, then I'd likely be doing sims of NHL 15 when NHL 16 is out, and I don't want to be doing that. I think it would be dumb to have to go onto NHL 15 to do VHL sims, then have all my actual NHL playing on NHL 16.

It would simply make much more sense to wait for the release of NHL 16, then create everyone.

• 1 month later...