NA Semi-Finals, GM 5: Calgary vs. Quebec

Will

I feel like as long as the name and logo are the Quebec City Meute, lots of people are going to have hate. Just seems that way.

It think it stems from the imagine one gives it though. In this case the logo can stay, the name can stay, the players can change but if Brovy himself does all that shit talking during the year, yeah people won't change their opinions.

I feel like as long as the name and logo are the Quebec City Meute, lots of people are going to have hate. Just seems that way.

Sorry, man. Really, you're the one guy on Que I actually feel bad for. Especially if we win this - it means I should have just kept you through the rebuild, or at least bribed Eagles to try to get you back once we got good again, gone for a Landryship. Better luck with Parechkin.

It think it stems from the imagine one gives it though. In this case the logo can stay, the name can stay, the players can change but if Brovy himself does all that shit talking during the year, yeah people won't change their opinions.

Yeah, if brovy wants respect like he says he does then he might need to tone it down a little bit. I think the influence that brovy and DT give other though doesn't help at all.

For myself, I've felt the hate for my whole career here. Sure, people mention that it doesn't mean everyone sometimes, but most of the time it's "fuck Quebec" and goes in that kind of direction. Just leaves me thinking, well, fuck me.

:lol:

It's all good though. I have no hate for anyone or team on the site. Just a bunch of fools where some get way too wound up over a sim engine. It does suck to write a bunch of articles and do work for the site, then have Boychuk's career end on a note like this, however. All I really got out of my career was a Stolzschweiger, and one could argue that I got that without even trying.

I captained a couple of teams that I'm proud of, and I have no regrets.

Sorry, man. Really, you're the one guy on Que I actually feel bad for. Especially if we win this - it means I should have just kept you through the rebuild, or at least bribed Eagles to try to get you back once we got good again, gone for a Landryship. Better luck with Parechkin.

Don't feel bad. Things panned out the way that they did. That's it. I could have been a career Calgarian, but it's alright. I had great times in Quebec City.

Just a bunch of fools where some get way too wound up over a sim engine.

See we've talked before about this. They aren't fools cause they aren't getting wound up. They are strictly wondering why someone would ever want to dig their own grave before any evidence of winning comes. You agreed above that the perception some have of Quebec is a bad one, but is deserved because of things said by Brovy or DT. But then you go ahead and call those same people fools because they call those two out. Now you see my point from 2 months ago when we talked.

See we've talked before about this. They aren't fools cause they aren't getting wound up. They are strictly wondering why someone would ever want to dig their own grave before any evidence of winning comes. You agreed above that the perception some have of Quebec is a bad one, but is deserved because of things said by Brovy or DT. But then you go ahead and call those same people fools because they call those two out. Now you see my point from 2 months ago when we talked.

I think I'm allowed to feel those things at the same time.

I think I'm allowed to feel those things at the same time.

Feel what things? I never said you weren't allowed to feel anything. I just said that those people aren't fools, and they don't get bent out of shape by brovy or DT. They just laugh when something like this happens because of all those built up "guarantees".

Feel what things? I never said you weren't allowed to feel anything. I just said that those people aren't fools, and they don't get bent out of shape by brovy or DT. They just laugh when something like this happens because of all those built up "guarantees".

I think there's some people that do get bent out of shape by them. Obviously there's the guys who just screw around and laugh at things like that where everyone is arguing, but there have to be guys here who truly get fed up.

I'm not saying everyone who's doing that is a fool. I'm saying the ones who are actually taking it seriously. That's not up to me to figure out though.

Says I dont act all high and mighty. Proceeds to call everyone fools who get "worked up" over a sim thats been heated since the first game, when DT opened his mouth. I've never gotten wound up once by our games, if anything I find it fun to argue with Quebec. I post stupid shit cause I enjoy the reaction. I like to give the people what they wanna see and that's bad blood between rivals.

Ya know I know i can be a douche, but atleast im willing to admit it.

Says I dont act all high and mighty. Proceeds to call everyone fools who get "worked up" over a sim thats been heated since the first game, when DT opened his mouth. I've never gotten wound up once by our games, if anything I find it fun to argue with Quebec. I post stupid shit cause I enjoy the reaction. I like to give the people what they wanna see and that's bad blood between rivals.

Ya know I know i can be a douche, but atleast im willing to admit it.

I'm not talking about you, so chill. I have nothing against you. You were acting like a douche, but it was in response to DT who was acting like a douche, so it's warranted. :lol:

You have everything in your favour, and a huge blowout win to cap off a 4-1 series win. I don't blame you for going at Quebec. It's all fun and games.

Me calling people fools who get worked up over it isn't me acting all high and mighty either. I'm just saying there's no point to getting worked up if people are in fact doing that.

If I start going off or flipping out about a loss, or even a win, then feel free to tell me I'm acting like an idiot. It would be true.

I think there's some people that do get bent out of shape by them. Obviously there's the guys who just screw around and laugh at things like that where everyone is arguing, but there have to be guys here who truly get fed up.

I'm not saying everyone who's doing that is a fool. I'm saying the ones who are actually taking it seriously. That's not up to me to figure out though.

I honestly don't think anyone takes it seriously, thus no fools. I think maybe you are imagining them to hide up those two's inability for the trash talk to work.

Me calling people fools who get worked up over it isn't me acting all high and mighty either. I'm just saying there's no point to getting worked up if people are in fact doing that.

If I start going off or flipping out about a loss, or even a win, then feel free to tell me I'm acting like an idiot. It would be true.

The only worked up individuals are the ones way beyond upset Quebec lost. That's all I've seen in terms of "worked up".

It's mostly just all the back and forth bickering like children that seems dumb to me. I probably do it myself sometimes. :lol:

This was a shocking defeat, and only a season after we lost in the same sort of way to Seattle. Quebec is down in the dumps once again. Play awesome during the season, then can't perform in the playoffs.

It's mostly just all the back and forth bickering like children that seems dumb to me. I probably do it myself sometimes. :lol:

This was a shocking defeat, and only a season after we lost in the same sort of way to Seattle. Quebec is down in the dumps once again. Play awesome during the season, then can't perform in the playoffs.

That's not bickering, thats weak trash talk followed up by points disproving the trash talk. Come on Trav!

Calgary is still utter trash, got lucky and will get waxed by Cologne or Stockholm. Face it scrubs, you can't pay off enough against those teams. You might have for us, but that is it. I don't care about all you other people whining about me saying anything, there is no way a bunch of random 300-500 TPE players should EVER be able to do this. There has to be something fishy going on somewhere. But I am just going to sit back and laugh at the finals and move on. Off to New York I go where I can go play for a GM who knows how to win cups and I still get another chance at shitting on Calgary.

I'm not going to go on and call a team a bunch of scrubs or anything, but I do think it's crazy how a team full of guys who aren't even 500 TPE can beat a team with a bunch of stars. I don't care how much more "depth" they have, it's not that much. How a team with guys nowhere on the level that Thomassen/Wolf should be beats them and myself is beyond me. Especially with Boychuk being a 900+ guy on the 2nd line.

Maybe if Wingate shut that shit down, but the offense wasn't what it should have been at, IMO. That one game we had like 18 shots, and that was with a lineup set to all offense.

Kudos to all of you Calgarians on your efforts though. Obviously you have a good team over there and a bunch of guys working for dat TPE, so it's deserved.