NA Semi-Finals, GM 5: Calgary vs. Quebec

Will

Calgary is still utter trash, got lucky and will get waxed by Cologne or Stockholm. Face it scrubs, you can't pay off enough against those teams. You might have for us, but that is it. I don't care about all you other people whining about me saying anything, there is no way a bunch of random 300-500 TPE players should EVER be able to do this. There has to be something fishy going on somewhere. But I am just going to sit back and laugh at the finals and move on. Off to New York I go where I can go play for a GM who knows how to win cups and I still get another chance at shitting on Calgary.

Face it scrub you got smacked and youll get smacked on NY

Screw that. He shouldn't win it haha. If Wingate wins the award, it just goes to show that people only pay attention to 2 stats instead of overall. There is no way he should win it over me.

Hoooold up now. FWIW, I totally disagree with Streetlight, and I wouldn't want to win that way. But your 4 more wins (which could also be attributed to higher scoring and not goaltending) and 1 more shutout don't exactly make it conclusive. We're essentially even, think either one of us winning would make sense. Just depends whether voters appreciate your role to guiding Quebec to the top, or mine in turning around Calgary from last season.

The Wingate/Mikaelson debate is definitely something. Either of them could win the trophies and it would be hard to argue against it.

I almost get the feeling that some votes will be swayed in Wingate's favour because of the DT hate. Obviously that's not at all what the vote is about, so it shouldn't, but I feel like some people will be biased maybe without even realizing it.

Hopefully it's a close vote, because it should be. Both goalies had great seasons.

Good luck to Calgary. I hope you guys can pull through and win the cup.

Um... I'm just happy that as a VHL rookie I'm in the Finals.

And TPE count has never mattered really, it's all about build and chemistry. Build means significant tendencies, not 90-95-99 stuff (yeah, I have that in SHL, and I'll probably define myself more here soon). TPE helps you get to the build you want, not at all a determinant of productivity. A team with all 99s is the same as a team with all 50s in terms of chemistry and team play, they just do it faster (in theory).

Hoooold up now. FWIW, I totally disagree with Streetlight, and I wouldn't want to win that way. But your 4 more wins (which could also be attributed to higher scoring and not goaltending) and 1 more shutout don't exactly make it conclusive. We're essentially even, think either one of us winning would make sense. Just depends whether voters appreciate your role to guiding Quebec to the top, or mine in turning around Calgary from last season.

Go get those awards son.

If TPE count isn't that important and build/chemistry is, then why do so many people gun for TPE? Wouldn't that just cripple their team's success in regards to contracts? Why not just go for a build then that benefits the team?

That's how it seems. Apparently the key to success isn't being a TPE whore. Seattle did last year what Calgary is trying to accomplish this year. So those getting the high TPE amounts are basically for show just to say they have the most TPE and such.

Calgary is still utter trash, got lucky and will get waxed by Cologne or Stockholm. Face it scrubs, you can't pay off enough against those teams. You might have for us, but that is it. I don't care about all you other people whining about me saying anything, there is no way a bunch of random 300-500 TPE players should EVER be able to do this. There has to be something fishy going on somewhere. But I am just going to sit back and laugh at the finals and move on. Off to New York I go where I can go play for a GM who knows how to win cups and I still get another chance at shitting on Calgary.

How are we a bunch of random players?

It's been pretty obvious to me over the past seasons since expansion that a good mix of youth and veterans win championships in the VHL. It's been mentioned here in passing, but once you pass the 700 TPE threshold, and especially once you start depreciation, you're not really contributing anymore to your team than a player less than 700 TPE would be.

I'd peg their chances at winning around 35%

Or I could rub salt on your eyes so Hurley is out the whole game.

orly?

They were 4-4 against Cologne this season and 5-3 vs Stockholm. That would put their odds at greater than 50%, no?