Cologne Express Jersey Retirement

Devise

Stevoret.png

It is with great pleasure and honor that I welcome recently retired Cologne Express defender Ron World Peace as the second retired jersey to hang from our rafters. I could think of no better member to hang beside the great Kameron Taylor than World Peace, who was arguably one of the most underrated pieces to the success of the Express in this era. Through 504 regular season games Ron had 407 points, with an impressive 1287 hits and 900 shots blocked. He was also an underrated playoff contributor putting up 31 points in 56 games, with 148 hits and 85 shots blocked.

More than that, World Peace was a locker room leader and motivator, even being dubbed "Mr. Cologne" in Season 42 when the Express won their first championship. For several seasons World Peace justly wore an assistant captains A on his jersey. His career loyalty with the Express, spending all 7 of his VHL seasons here, his contributions both on the ice, in the locker room, and in the community made this an easy decision.

Congratulations to Ron World Peace and his Player Agent Stevo for his accomplishments. 

:cheers:

Also, huge thanks to Boom for doing up the banner for him and for doing it in such quick fashion! Praise that man for his work and dedication are amazing! 

Edited by Mr. Power

Oh no, you didn't :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thanks guys. It was a pleasure to play for my real hometown in this league, and I never would have thought to get the 13 retired here. I've been here with a lot of quality guys, and I cannot credit enough people that kept me active. Great to see RWP taking home some of the franchise records as well. If I could as device, I would post more paragraphs here but for now, that's it because I still got an hour of work left.

Congrats! 

It was great having you on team West Euro last off-season, and you definitely played a big role in getting us the gold. Very underrated guy throughout his career, so this is well deserved!

Congrats Stevo!! 

It was such fun playing with you in the World Cup (and I think we also play on a Super Cup team too!). I look forward to potentially playing with World B. Free but if not, there's always another World Cup Gold to be won. Cheers mate :cheers: