Bratislava Watchmen ReBrand

boubabi

The first logo I ever made for the league was for the Bratislava Watchmen. It was HONESTLY like the second time I ever used the software and even if it wasn't the worst logo in the league, I feel like the team needed a new look (Plus, it was a semi RIP of a tutorial lmao). First of all, the team name "Watchmen" wasn't easy to design at all. When you ask someone what they think when they hear "watchmen", they will likely respond you with "A movie", which is obviously not the answer we are looking for. Originally, I felt like a Watchmen was a standing vigil, observing the daily life of the city. He could see much of the activity in the streets and markets. He knew the people, their work, their habits and their lifestyles. If his position was near the city gate, he could also observe the business of the city transacted by its officials (Thanks to the Bible for that description). But, as the league as too many "faces" as team logo, the watchmen could mean something else. "In the ancient world of agrarian societies, large watchtowers were placed overlooking the fields. There, in the weeks the crops were ripening toward harvest, men would stand watch, guarding the fields from animals or from thieves who would make off with the crops. With the community’s basic food stores at stake, the watchman’s role was critical to the townspeople." Even if those aren't such in use anymore, some towers are still in use to "watch" and "protect". So that's why I went with the Lighthouse/Watchtower design for the team. 

Bratislava had their part of success during STZ reign and I had my part of success with that team too (2 cups in 3 seasons) so I thought it was important to give it a proper look. So without any further bullshit, here's the final look (I hope) of my logo you saw earlier in the graphic section.

qpVVHDn.jpg

bIpEUeL.jpg

uUUu6W0.jpg

BUnHPEw.jpg

The color scheme was obviously intended to fit the Vancouver Canucks scheme. That color scheme wasn't in the league anymore and I feel some NHL renders could be used with that logo. I made both PNG version of the logo so you can use it as you want. 

FULL LOGO
TEXT LOGO

LOGO ONLY

So yeah, enjoy. 

Edited by boubabi