Keep 6 Players

Pavel_Ovechkin

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

It's tough for sure, leaving out Burakovsky and Williams wasn't easy either. I was debating for a little bit about Alzner or Niskanen but I think Karl's just so reliable you can't go wrong

His iron man streak he has going is super impressive. Him and Nisky stepping up while Carlson and Orpik have been out has been pretty clutch.

On 21 January, 2016 at 2:16 PM, StevenStamkos91 said:

nucks:

Markstrom, Edler, Henrik, Daniel, Horvat, Hamhuis

spects:

McCann, Virtanen, Hutton, Cassels

Lol what

Virty, mcan and hutton are not prospects

2 hours ago, Dewie said:

For Canucks, Horvat, Tanev, Virtanen, McCann, Sedin, Sedin

Prospects, demko, boeser, cassels, shinkaruk 

So you are thinking for the future and pick two guys set to retire in the next 2-3 seasons

9 hours ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

you cant just not pick 2 franchise leaders and possibly 2 of the greatest canucks ever. 

Yes you can, the point of the game isn't to pick the players you think deserve to be honored. It's you get to keep 6 players from your team going forward to try and rebuild/retool to make the best roster. Keeping two players who are past their primes and declining for favoritism reasons makes zero sense, and it's the type of move if your GM were to do it and value players like that over quality young talent/talent in their prime it would frustrate every fan. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Yes you can, the point of the game isn't to pick the players you think deserve to be honored. It's you get to keep 6 players from your team going forward to try and rebuild/retool to make the best roster. Keeping two players who are past their primes and declining for favoritism reasons makes zero sense, and it's the type of move if your GM were to do it and value players like that over quality young talent/talent in their prime it would frustrate every fan. 

Not to mention once they retire that GM would be fired for doing so because the team would go on the decline. Yes the Sedins have been great players, but now they cost the team wins with their slow skating dumb penalties. They are amazing talents in the offensive zone and they are defensively responsible, but they are overworked for their age and selecting them in this would be short-sighted.

10 hours ago, Kendrick said:

So you are thinking for the future and pick two guys set to retire in the next 2-3 seasons

Honestly there are 2 other fucking canucks I want on my team. Maybe Edler and Baer instead of the twins but with them you can win so.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Favoritism? I dont even fucking like the Sedins but what they bring to a team us more then just on the ice. 

Just now, Dewie said:

Honestly there are 2 other fucking canucks I want on my team. Maybe Edler and Baer instead of the twins but with them you can win so.

So you'd win games in 2-3 seasons but hen after that have a huge downward spiral. Instead selecting people other than the twins would get you a group that grows together.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

So you'd win games in 2-3 seasons but hen after that have a huge downward spiral. Instead selecting people other than the twins would get you a group that grows together.

Well I dont know I didnt really think about that.

I just selected the most important 6 player son the Canucks and I believe those are them. 

The Canucks have the Sedins now and last I checked they aren't really winning that much, as they battle for a playoff spot.

Listen I'm not blind, the Sedins are and have been two of the most talented players in the NHL. But their best years are most likely behind them, who knows how many years they actually have left and if you were to position me with rebuilding the Canucks with this format why would I keep them? If you honestly think you have a shot at winning the Cup within 2 seasons after said rebuild, then I guess? But I really don't see how with the rest of the players you end up keeping. That is to say, it'd take a lot of leg work as a GM. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

The Canucks have the Sedins now and last I checked they aren't really winning that much, as they battle for a playoff spot.

Listen I'm not blind, the Sedins are and have been two of the most talented players in the NHL. But their best years are most likely behind them, who knows how many years they actually have left and if you were to position me with rebuilding the Canucks with this format why would I keep them? If you honestly think you have a shot at winning the Cup within 2 seasons after said rebuild, then I guess? But I really don't see how with the rest of the players you end up keeping. That is to say, it'd take a lot of leg work as a GM. 

It would be like me including Elias and Cammel. I chose Zajac as my oldest player and he is 30 years old (he bolded early haha) because I don't see him as that much of a disadvantage.

52 minutes ago, boubabi said:

the sedins have a trade value, not like camma or elias

Hahahaha All four of those players have value but the Sedins can only be traded together, so it would be easier finding value for Cam and Elias where you want it on different teams because you know a team will overpay. With the Sedins you have to trade them to the game team and thus you may not get the same value. Regardless, selecting the Sedins is so shortsighted that you'd be fired shortly after.

Value for elias ? In which world ? The guy can barely skate. And trading the sedins together, since when ?  Of course it's optimal, but it's not like there was a better option in Vancouver, so of course I would keep the sedins. Who you want to keep instead, Weber ? Sbisa ? 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Hahahaha All four of those players have value but the Sedins can only be traded together, so it would be easier finding value for Cam and Elias where you want it on different teams because you know a team will overpay. With the Sedins you have to trade them to the game team and thus you may not get the same value. Regardless, selecting the Sedins is so shortsighted that you'd be fired shortly after.

I'd also wonder how much trade value they have given their cap hit as well. They both need to be traded together as you said, and then you add in the fact that a team would have to make room for 14 million. Then you consider, what type of teams would be trading for them? Younger clubs? Not likely. So now you need teams close to winning it all, needing a few pieces, trying to pony up that type of cap space for two aging players? 

I'd say they aren't really top trade targets. 

12 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Still mad at you guys about orpik

Honestly picking up both he and Niskanen, as well as your guys D/Assistant Coach Todd Reirden has been pretty huge for the Caps. All have fit in well. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I'd also wonder how much trade value they have given their cap hit as well. They both need to be traded together as you said, and then you add in the fact that a team would have to make room for 14 million. Then you consider, what type of teams would be trading for them? Younger clubs? Not likely. So now you need teams close to winning it all, needing a few pieces, trying to pony up that type of cap space for two aging players? 

I'd say they aren't really top trade targets. 

Also factor in that the Canucks would not want cap dumps in the trade. Otherwise if their are cap dumps, what value are you really getting from other teams? So no, I don't think they have the trade value people think at this stage in their careers. There comes a time when a player just because too old to acquire anything back that would have an impact. Instead of the Sedins you could pick two players that are familiar with the current young guys. Those two other players would have less salary, familiarity, age on their side and a fanbase excited to see what they could do.

So in the end it's players like: Baerschi > 4th rounder in a cap dump.

You guys are acting like the Sedins aren't good players anymore. Talking about them having little to no trade value. They aren't supposed to have any trade value because they aren't going anywhere. That's the thing thats wrong with sports today. No one has sentimental value towards players anymore. I for one do not want the Sedins to retire in any other jersey than a Canucks jersey. Markus Naslund retired in NYR and it was wrong. Martin Brodeur retired in STL and that was wrong. 

For the record, they are also leading the canucks in points this year. Daniel has 21 goals and 22 assists for 43 points. Henrik has 9 goals and 28 assists for 37 points. Who else from the canucks would you choose? Sven Baertschi who has 17 points this year and that seems to be a career high? Last year guess who led them in points again? Daniel with 20 goals and 56 assists for 76 points and Henrik with 18 goals and 55 assists for 73 points. Next leading scorer was Radim Vrbata who is all but gone this year. after him? Nick Bonino who was traded. Point being even if I weren't to pick them who else would i pick? 

when canucks dump prust, hammer, vrby etc. and go get som impact players in FA in the next 2 off-seasons with good drafting they will have the perfect mix of young n old. just watch. the sedins will be leading the charge.