Edition 273 | All-Star Special

Molholt

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Don't worry, if it's not an article pumping New York's players tires, it's not supposed to be in there. I've learn over the years they love talking about themselves.

Or sign in New York mofo duh

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

What? I don't pump up NY when I write. I maybe mention a team briefly or something. I was commenting on Victors article about NY, which had nothing to do with Chris or myself. Hell the last few media spots I did were all stats/research based and while a few NY players got mentioned in passing (during a game in which I highlighted All star players leaving, so you as well as others were mentioned). 

I get your frustration, there is a decent amount of NY love at times on this site, but it isn't the overkill your making it sound like, honestly. This edition was a bit, but the articles that were, were written by players on different teams. (Cowboy, your teammate, and Victor on Helsinki. Ironically two goalies. :P

I just noticed when you guys are together it's like the old gang from back in the day, where every flower on in the grass is a NYA flower and every weed has to be another team. Mentioning that I was mentioning to sort of hide behind it is nice, but it's not unnoticed. Hell Chris tried to write an article about Richardson being below expectations when in reality a simple look in the sim would have changed the entire mood of his writing for it.

I just found it a tad funny that you said Sterling had an ego, when you two have pumped yourselves up pretty highly over the years.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

I just noticed when you guys are together it's like the old gang from back in the day, where every flower on in the grass is a NYA flower and every weed has to be another team. Mentioning that I was mentioning to sort of hide behind it is nice, but it's not unnoticed. Hell Chris tried to write an article about Richardson being below expectations when in reality a simple look in the sim would have changed the entire mood of his writing for it.

I just found it a tad funny that you said Sterling had an ego, when you two have pumped yourselves up pretty highly over the years.

I never said Sterling had an ego. I took a joking shot at his comment. Notice the :P ? It's amazing how seriously people take me sometimes.

In regards to pumping ourselves up, umm what? All my players suck. If your referring to me being proud of accomplishments like helping/being on first franchise wins etc, I don't see how that is an ego boost on my end. I genuinely like this league and anyway I can help be part of its rich history is something I enjoy. Sorry, I guess I should just not enjoy my time in the league. 

Listen I could understand if your player was trashed in favor of NY by us/players or something. But the article you had issue with in reference to Richardson is disconnected. Furthermore the NY articles both have explained justification in this mag. As I stated, the NY overkill has been a thing in the past. Now? Not so much. It's just a bunch of people from all over the league talking and analyzing and having fun. The fact that you twisted the argument to somehow implicate Chris and I in something out of the blue has me completely confused. 

Edited by Mr. Power