Claimed:The End of An Era [Reviewed] [2/2]

eaglesfan036

:cal: The End of an Era :cal:

Many moons ago, Diamond Ace was kind enough to name me the next GM of the Calgary Wranglers. Upon taking my talents to America North, I had a lot of expectations to live up to

On 2/13/2015 at 2:58 PM, CowboyinAmerica said:

An excellent run, congrats. Still crazy to me that Gow will be only the team's sixth GM in 42 seasons.

On 2/14/2015 at 6:13 PM, Victor said:

So you know the Calgary GM rule, Austin, yeah? At least one cup, at least one top GM. No excuses. No pressure.

On 2/15/2015 at 6:24 AM, boom said:

Man, I hope he's less of a tyrant then he was in Yukon. Good luck Wranglers.

I am proud to say that I lived up to two of those three expectations. I have been Calgary's GM for six seasons now, and plan on continuing to do so for a long time. Calgary has won a cup during my tenure, and I got the top GM award. And the thing I am most proud of is that I have become more of a tyrant than Boom could ever imagine. If I'm not stepping down as GM, you might be wondering why I am writing such a piece. Well, now that we have lost in a heartbreaking fashion to New York, we will never see some of Calgary's most loyal players don the red again, either due to retirement or the team's upcoming rebuild. In this piece, I would like to thank all of the players who have helped Calgary on this great run. 

@Cuffy - How could I start with anyone else? If you look up loyalty in the dictionary, you will see a picture of Marcus Hurley, as the longtime Wrangler played his entire career in Calgary after being a 3rd round steal in the S40 draft. I am very glad you decided to stick with the team through the rebuild, and your Hurleyship will be missed. After all, Wranglers Gon Wrang means vote for Hurley. 

2KCFGUE.png

@Ball - I am not sure if you are still active or not, but I really wish you were. One of the best trash talkers of all time, and Cote really came through for us in the playoffs. Your trash talking of Quebec is why we succeeded. Hopefully you make a return!

@philthethrill81 - An underrated guy, your player also came through clutch in the playoffs, and it was a pleasure whenever you stopped by in the locker room. Hopefully you make a return as well!

@jaladolar - Zoidberg only with us for a short while and wasn't really active when we won the cup, but I thank you for our trades :P Anyways, glad to see you back now as you are a great guy!

@Beketov - Trading you was a difficult decision for me as I could tell you really enjoyed your time in Calgary and it was great to see your player succeed again! I am glad I was able to get you a cup and that you got another cup with Helsinki even though you beat us :(

@iRockstar - Teuvo Ruutu was on our team I think. You didn't mind playing as the 7th forward and your depth helped :3

@Caillean - Hill was actually one of the most underrated defensewomen of this era. She actually has the best +/- all time in the playoffs, and does an excellent job clearing the porch in front of the net. It was really fun chilling with you when you were active, and I appreciate you taking the time to update your player when real life got busy. I am happy to see you created a new player and hopefully you have the time to become more active again!

@Lunaro - Karlson was actually a really good defenseman for the amount of tpe he had, I think you had that build down to perfection. It was a pleasure whenever you popped into the locker room, and I am very glad you choose to sign with us and won a cup with us!

@diamond_ace - Jason my GM mentor :applaud:. I appreciate all the help you gave me early on, and sticking with Calgary and still updating when life got busy. It has been a pleasure being on Calgary these past few seasons with you, and it will be weird to see you playing for another team. Keep running them marathons doe!

@CowboyinAmerica - Boy were you an instrumental piece of Calgary's success. I was thrilled that you fell to third in the draft, and you kicked ass as a goalie along with being an awesome member to hang out in the locker room with, I would say at Phil quality level. I have no idea why your goalie is in a funk now, but I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your hopefully hall of fame career!

PWfzMPa.png

@boom - It was a pleasure having you here in S45, I am so glad you signed with us!  Great locker room presence and great player, it's a shame we wound up just one game from a cup :( . I heard rumors that you are leaving the league? You shouldn't do that we all love you!

@STZ - I also appreciate you choosing to sign with us, in a roundabout way. I don't think you were very active when you were with us cause you were buying a new house, but I hope that all went great and it looks like you are active now so hooray. 

@Tyler - I appreciate you signing with us with Denis. Underrated guy and underrated solid depth player. 

@Mr.Baller - You might be my favorite free agency signing ever, even though it was technically a sign and trade with Stockholm. I didn't really know much about you before you signed here, but you have always been a quality team-first guy who was fun to chill out with in the locker room and answer your player build pms. Rathod has a solid career with us and I wish we could have gotten him a cup :( PS your graphics are hot too

@Streetlight - Thanks for leaving after I traded for you. I guess you win in the end as you choose the winning team this season

@flyersfan1493 - You are a great brother! I appreciate you trucking through with Bernie even though he had a pretty eh career, although luckily he wasn't quite as bad in the playoffs :3 Good luck with the next player, always fun to be on the same team as you

@Christmas - Twas a pleasure to have you here this season. You have a great top 5 defenseman, and I really hope that you can win a cup somewhere along the road. 

@CoachReilly - Thanks for being a great sport during the short time you were here. Sucks we couldn't win a cup together but that's the way Jardy's alcohol flows sometimes

@hedgehog337 - I appreciate Zeptenbergs signing here, your player is a solid and underrated depth player and I am surprised you didn't get more looks in free agency. Twas a pleasure having you on the team as well and hopefully you can win a cup somewhere down the line too. 

@XaviYEAH! Woods - Two words - GOALIE SACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Edgar - Your prescence enlightens us all. You should come back.

If I missed anyone I am sorry, I tried to include everyone. Thanks for all the great times with y'all, perhaps some of you will visit Calgary again sometime in the near future? Birdman out. 

• Admin

Very pleased to see you turn Calgary around as Jason's last few seasons were unworthy of the franchise and I was afraid it was going to be a vicious cycle of failure. When I was there helping out with the team PT in S42 it was the most active since Chershenko retired, although I still wasn't sure if you would break out of mediocrity. Instead, a very solid run, 4 finals would have looked even better but oh well.

And props for knowing when to stop. Could have easily kept going next season but constantly buying is what got Calgary in the mess you took over in the first place.

:cal:

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dewie said:

plz go update before quoting me and making me come back in this false ass thread

http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/20627-greg-clegane-updates/&do=findComment&comment=314404

And you call yourself an updater