Fantasy League

Jala

Fantasy League  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with Kendrick in that it was getting too complex. But I thought when it was simpler it was good, and if it was run in a simpler style it would work fine. Those side game things are fine, but if they become too much work people are likely to not have enough time to commit to it. 

That raises it's own set of questions then. I'll just start it in here and maybe make a new poll if I have to.

What about it was confusing? I only did it the first time around, so I'm not familiar with what changes were made, if any. The beta test seemed pretty straight forward and people didn't have many issues with that, would that be what you guys would want to see from it?

@Kendrick @sterling @Mr. Power

27 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

you guys just suck

Kendrick ignore this post because you can't take a joke

The funny thing is you took it personal anytime someone spoke up. When really all I ever did was point out that the more complex it gets, the less people will pay attention.

2 hours ago, jaladolar said:

That raises it's own set of questions then. I'll just start it in here and maybe make a new poll if I have to.

What about it was confusing? I only did it the first time around, so I'm not familiar with what changes were made, if any. The beta test seemed pretty straight forward and people didn't have many issues with that, would that be what you guys would want to see from it?

@Kendrick @sterling @Mr. Power

I pretty much changed it from season to season. Honestly, "pick six players and let it ride" is such a stupid thing in my opinion, especially if you're giving out 8 TPE to the winner. It's just a ton of luck.

What I thought the point of the fantasy league was to actually engage people in the league. The thing is, people don't actually like engaging in the league that way.

EDIT: To answer your question, it was confusing to people when I allowed them to change rosters weekly. As far as I know, that was it.

Edited by Streetlight

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I enjoyed it when it was happening. I didn't really know why it stopped all together last season.

Because I went inactive and the commissioners didn't make it happen.

5 hours ago, Streetlight said:

1) I'm retired

2) People don't give a shit about the fantasy league they just like TPE

Why does it matter if that's why people do it? I'd argue that people did enjoy it though. I just wasn't a fan of two lines and switching roster players. Not that it's a bad idea on a good platform, but PMing changes was too much IMO 

1 hour ago, sterling said:

Why does it matter if that's why people do it? I'd argue that people did enjoy it though. I just wasn't a fan of two lines and switching roster players. Not that it's a bad idea on a good platform, but PMing changes was too much IMO 

My goal for the fantasy league was to actually make it engaging, not just another TPE source for people. I was responding to someone questioning why the league stopped. Part of it was that I went inactive, but also I don't know if I would want to run a version of the fantasy league that I find shitty.

If people enjoyed it in its basic state, there's no reason they should have enjoyed it any less when given more options. I suppose using a larger roster maybe you could have some problem with, but in its other iterations, you were never forced to make changes. It was an option I wanted to give people who would want to use it. Everyone was free to pick a roster and let it ride if that's what they chose to do.

A Fantasy League within a Fantasy league.. simulatoception

Tbh I like the Fantasy league with just the one set of players for the entire season, perhaps with the one exception of a wildcard at the trade-deadline. I mentioned a bunch of times I didn't think it would work with weekly changes.. just not worth the work. I always forgot about it and in the end just said fuck it all. Again, that's just me, but still.. to make weekly changes to your fantasy team that is based on a fantasy hockey league is a little OTT imo 

2 hours ago, Streetlight said:

If people enjoyed it in its basic state, there's no reason they should have enjoyed it any less when given more options.

I'm actually one of those. I realize it's entirely personal opinion and don't care about imposing it on everyone else, but all the switches do make it less fun for me. It's a hassle to try and keep up with on a weekly basis, looking at league-wide stats and schedules and such for everybody, especially given the rewards. But if I don't make those switches and everyone else can, it's also less fun because there's little way to compete with people who do that massive amount of research, so what's the point if I have such little chance of winning? It's a catch-22. It's also kind of the same reason I like fantasy baseball where the team locks at the beginning of the week as opposed to one where you can switch every day.

Good feedback, I'll have a better response when I'm home from work and we'll move forward with it soon. General feel seems to be that people want it back in some capacity, so it'll be back for this season.

5 hours ago, Streetlight said:

My goal for the fantasy league was to actually make it engaging, not just another TPE source for people. I was responding to someone questioning why the league stopped. Part of it was that I went inactive, but also I don't know if I would want to run a version of the fantasy league that I find shitty.

If people enjoyed it in its basic state, there's no reason they should have enjoyed it any less when given more options. I suppose using a larger roster maybe you could have some problem with, but in its other iterations, you were never forced to make changes. It was an option I wanted to give people who would want to use it. Everyone was free to pick a roster and let it ride if that's what they chose to do.

That literally doesn't make sense. If they enjoyed it in it's easy state, what makes you think they'd automatically enjoy it in a more complex state? People don't want to have to spend 30 minutes researching who they switch in and out each week.

6 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I'm actually one of those. I realize it's entirely personal opinion and don't care about imposing it on everyone else, but all the switches do make it less fun for me. It's a hassle to try and keep up with on a weekly basis, looking at league-wide stats and schedules and such for everybody, especially given the rewards. But if I don't make those switches and everyone else can, it's also less fun because there's little way to compete with people who do that massive amount of research, so what's the point if I have such little chance of winning? It's a catch-22. It's also kind of the same reason I like fantasy baseball where the team locks at the beginning of the week as opposed to one where you can switch every day.

Well you'll be less likely to win, just as I'll be less likely to get into the Hall of Fame if I don't care to put in the effort to earn 9+ TPE/week. It's certainly still possible (Draper won the first season where roster changes were allowed, making no changes).

As I was saying, though, I tried to make it into something that people could engage in. Obviously, not very many people cared enough to do so and were evidently discouraged by the fact that others could. I guess I fucked up.

4 hours ago, Kendrick said:

That literally doesn't make sense. If they enjoyed it in it's easy state, what makes you think they'd automatically enjoy it in a more complex state? People don't want to have to spend 30 minutes researching who they switch in and out each week.

Because you don't have to spend that 30 minutes researching who you switch in and out each week. Sure, that might put you at a disadvantage to others, but hey, isn't that how the league works? If I don't want to spend that 30 minutes writing a media spot, why should other people be able to in order to get TPE that I can't get? That's not fair and it makes the league un-fun!