VHLSC: S49 Rankings #1 - Meet the New Guys!

Kendrick

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_1_12_16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_2_42_54_PM.png

*Ahhh yes, another Mai Tai please Artur...* Oh Hello everyone! The VHLSC had a pleasure covering the Season 48 draft class this past 2 months, but that ship has sailed (and so has the cruise ship I'm on). It's time to start talking about a very impressive and underrated Season 49 VHL draft class! Congratulations to all the prospects who did get drafted last year and even the ones who shouldn't have been drafted but did (more on that later). Are you stoked for a VHLSC presentations that will give you the skinny on all the draftees but also give you the insight you need to tell your fellow draftees how to improve? I think we all are. Without further adieu here is your first edition of the Season 49 VHLSC Draft Rankings!

The obvious questions every year are asked: Who will be the number one pick? Who will be the top first generational talent to come out on top? What position will Da Trifecta's player be drafted at? What position will rule the draft in TPE earning and consistency? Well we can't answer all those right now or even in a couple weeks, but we can let you know who makes an impact early.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_5_18_36_PM.png

The Centre group is led by Kai Roberts who was a hair shy of being able to declare in last years draft. However, that may give him a huge boost come draft time. Almost a full year older than some of his fellow prospects will allow his experience and development to hopefully shine through. Sebastian Laine joins Roberts in this group and he is a very interesting prospect to say the least. Laine is a big Finnish centreman who could be a potential steal if he continues his impressive pace. Mario Lee is the next on the list and he intrigues us as he could be a potential second round talent  sneaks into the end of the first round. Josiah Kleveland and Roope Toivanen are two lower ranked prospects that could end up doing some damage when all is said and done.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_5_19_07_PM.png

Right wing is a position that often times is overlooked come draft time because forwards can be developed differently, but it is very important if you find a right winger with a left handed shot. This year Alokin Alset seems to be the frontrunner on the right side and a rare sight hailing from South Africa. We're excited at VHLSC to be able to cover our first South African player, something the NHL was able to do with Olaf Kolzig. Kevin Jalopski joins the ranks this year after his older brother had some success in the Simulation Hockey League; something to watch going forward. Viljo Metsala has a chance to surprise some people and General Managers will want to watch this player and the connections he has throughout the season. Ryan Bucheler is the last prospect to note and he will have to be watched by his VHLM General Manager to see him outperform his peers.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_5_19_29_PM.png

Left wing is important and mimics some of the same descriptions that the right wing position gives us. This year our left wing position may give us the top player but also some good depth in the rankings as well. Pietro Maximoff is an exceptional talent and will most likely be in the two three prospects at the end of the year, if not number one. Maximoff gives a lot of what we have seen in past players like Lars Berger and Thomas O'Malley. Kylo enters the draft and joins the ranks of McLovin, Unassisted and Cher in the one word name game. Kylo could be a lottery spot selection if he maxes out his potential and commits to the VHLM like he appears to want to. Only two left wingers will be entering thus far, but many more might follow when they see the success of the two we've named thus far.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_5_19_51_PM.png

The position that can be the most important in the lineup according to goaltenders everywhere. This season we have a young crop of defensemen who are all vying for the top spot in their position. Bobby Digital has come out fast and furious thus far and is starting to put some breathing room between him and the next blue liner. Ted Doughty is a shell of his brother who plays for the Los Angeles Kings, but still a very interesting prospect nonetheless. Doughty is in a tight position with Tobias Klingberg for the second best defensemen currently, but that creates a great battle within the list for future editions of VHLSC. Jim Lahey is a relatively new commit to this draft class and baring anything miraculous, he could be a late first round selection at the end of this season. Tony Pellerin has some VHL ties, but so far he has yet to use those ties for his success. If Pellerin can tap into his potential he could be someone who sees the first round when all is said and done. Matthew Delong and Nikolai Jakov are both first generational players who may need some assistance, but could provide some great depth down the line. Robert E. Lee has VHL ties much like Tony Pellerin, but so far the results have been less than impressive. Shayne Gow is the last ranked prospect on our list and that is because he has yet to attend a practice facility, but when he does he could rise up this list fairly quickly.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_5_20_17_PM.png

Ah yes the last line of defense for any team is the man standing between the pipes. This year we have three goaltenders that look to show off their puck stopping skills. First up is AK47 who is either a robot from another planet or the love child of Andrei Kirilenko and an airplane. AK47 does impress us though and is the top ranked goaltender to grace the rankings thus far. AK47 does have VHL ties though and could tap into that help if he needs it. Jacob Worboy is our top first generational talent thus far and is quite the interesting prospect hailing from Canada. Worboy has been very vocal thus far and looks like a solid prospect goaltender for a team looking for a project. Sam Wall is our last goaltender and last prospect to talk about. Wall is a goaltender that could make up for lost time as he started out very strong and has since tailed off with his production.

An Ode to Titan Kronos

Titan Kronos is a prospect we didn't feature last year because we knew he would be in this years Draft Rankings. However due to some strange situation, he may or may not be missing this seasons draft rankings. We figured we'd give you some insight on what happened and the prospect in question. Titan Kronos is a Season 49 draft prospect that slipped through the cracks and was actually listed in the Season 48 Entry Draft available players list. The Quebec City Meute who don't scout or know much at all to start with, selected Kronos with their second round selection. Kronos is Quebec City property until the VHL Commissioners rule otherwise to our knowledge. Kronos is an exceptionally talented blue liner with great skating ability. Kronos was a big player for the Yukon Rush last season after being a waiver claim. Whether Titan gets to remain on Quebec City or not is the question, but we know he'll be in the VHL soon enough anyways.

@Evans @Green @gorlab @Da Trifecta @FueledByRamen @snake3001 @Mr.Baller @jaladolar @WoldenGhore @701 @Ventas @Milldaddy @Cuffy @flyersfan1493 @JPL @Caillean @FootF3tish @tpellerin55 @Finster @Ramicus @Butch @Tantlaum @Roope Toivanen

1. Don't forget VHLM Fantasy Predictions each week during the season.

2. Don't forget VHLM Practice Facility each week during the season.

3. Don't forget Point Tasks (Media Spots/Graphics) during the season. <-- VHL Welfare in dire situations

4. VHL Fan 590 articles every week each week gets you an automatic 1 TPE!

5. Biography and Rookie Profile could get you 18 TPE right off the bat!

Back in my day Russia dominated the draft and the draft class was drowning in right wingers!

anyways, here's to Jalopski and him hopefully soaring through the draft rankings :drunk:

Just now, Kendrick said:

No no he will be in the VHLM, but his rights are automatically owned by Riga, don't worry.

No I get that. He would have been higher on my board if I knew he was becoming GM lol

1 minute ago, Evans said:

No I get that. He would have been higher on my board if I knew he was becoming GM lol

Oh yes okay I see. Yeah the value goes up knowing he has to keep himself active regardless.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Nice attempt at ducking around obvious stupidity. Plus the joke sucked because of the last paragraph.

Only reason why I said that was bc you made a paragraph about him. Jesus.

On 2016-03-08 at 7:31 PM, Kendrick said:

Nice attempt at ducking around obvious stupidity. Plus the joke sucked because of the last paragraph.

On 2016-03-08 at 7:32 PM, Dewie said:

Only reason why I said that was bc you made a paragraph about him. Jesus.

You guys always find a way to get into some kind of kerfuffle.