S48 World Cup General Managers

Will

• Senior Admin

I'm throwing this up now but the World Cup Commissioner will be the one who does the hiring. Thanks for the copy/paste YEAH ^_^

As a GM, you'll be tasked with:

- Selecting a roster of players to represent your country

- Helping to generate discussion with your selected team-mates in both your respective team forum and in game threads.

- Submitting lines for each game (If you have no prior experience of this, then a teammate or the World Cup Commissioners will be more than happy to assist).

Team List:

Team Canada

Team USA

Team Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland)

Team Western Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Germany)

Team World (All other countries) 

Team Mercenaries (Any players not selected for the above five teams)

Things To Consider:

- Unlike last tournament, a small TPE payment will be awarded to General Managers, providing an extra incentive for those thinking about applying for the role. 

- Primarily, we will be looking to have teams represented by General Managers that own players of the same nationality. (E.g. Draper's player, Aleksi Koponen, is Finnish, so he would be in line for the Team Scandinavia GM job). However, the role of Team Mercenaries GM is open to players of any nationality. 

- If you're someone with no previous management experience in the VHL, then a role as World Cup General Manager is a great way to introduce you to the basic concepts of managing a team. 

- The World Cup does not have a fixed start date as of yet (this is determinant on the length of the playoffs).

I would like for Bogdan Podarok(the GM, not the player) to have the opportunity to represent his country by heading Team World in this World Cup. But I would be willing to GM any team :) 

P9PCtUf.png

Alright, after much deliberation on Streetlight's and my part, we have selected your S48 World Cup General Managers! Allow me to introduce:

457sMKH.png  - @Higgins        

gKGsUgB.png  - @KingRobbie  

v95RIaI.png  - @Kendrick       

sq0kYoI.png  - @Banackock    

24JdHzl.png  - @hedgehog337

aq7vsjC.png  - @ADwyer87     

We have a terrific mix of old and new members here and we are really excited to get this tournament under way! GMs, a Player Eligibility List will be posted in the very near future to aid in your Roster Selection. Further instructions on your roles and responsibilities will be issued via PM. If you have any immediate questions, feel free to contact either myself or Streetlight, or get Draper to fire me with a possible ban from sterling thrown in there.

• Senior Admin
14 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Europe will be sending in several soldiers to build a huge wall around it.

And the Mexicans will pay for it! 

• Will locked this topic