SEA/STO ; S48 off-season

Banackock

• Senior Admin
4 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Everyone torch where Draper lives during this time of the year.

Blame me all you want lol, but when I said the other commissioners decided your case I was being quite literal. It was in Helsinki's best interest if you DID get to switch and thus I didn't participate in the debate:

On 8/6/2015 at 9:34 AM, Draper said:

He did bring it up quite some time ago, but you're right in that its a conflict for me so I won't provide input on this.

So Banackock is a goalie, AK switches away from goalie, Banackock gets GM job in Seattle, Stockholm trades up to get 11th pick, takes AK who is now winger, AK gets dealt to Seattle who doesn't need a goalie anymore? Am I following that right? Why was Banackock involved in AK switching positions at all as shown with this message?

35 minutes ago, Banackock said:

He can change because it was before the draft. Those were Drapers words to me in PM about me changing. :ph34r::ph34r:

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

So Banackock is a goalie, AK switches away from goalie, Banackock gets GM job in Seattle, Stockholm trades up to get 11th pick, takes AK who is now winger, AK gets dealt to Seattle who doesn't need a goalie anymore? Am I following that right? Why was Banackock involved in AK switching positions at all as shown with this message?

No, Banacock was PM'ing me asking about HIM switching positions. As in, Banackock switching to a forward.

Just now, Draper said:

No, Banacock was PM'ing me asking about HIM switching positions. As in, Banackock switching to a forward.

I got no dog in this fight lol

Whatever decision was made is fine with me. I don't envy you guys in any of the decisions you have to make. I just wanted to understand what happened.

4 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

1. AK switched because too much competition with me and too many goalies. 

2. I asked Draper because I jokingly asked to switch positions... You can verify with @Toast that I tried trading him for the pick to get AK but Toast said STO had a consolation pick? whatever the hell that means.

So Stockholm didn't trade up but good try, :P 

Also, Seattle didn't need a goalie period. We have Clegane. Thanks!

Just now, Banackock said:

2. I asked Draper because I jokingly asked to switch positions... You can verify with @Toast that I tried trading him for the pick to get AK but Toast said STO had a consolation pick? whatever the hell that means.

It was originally the Meute's pick. Someone can jump in and explain why they had the pick, because honestly I forget. 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

1. AK switched because too much competition with me and too many goalies. 

So Stockholm didn't trade up but good try, :P 

Also, Seattle didn't need a goalie period. We have Clegane. Thanks!

Stockholm had QC's consolation pick from the Titan Kronos incident so I guess it would be good try to you?

• Senior Admin
9 minutes ago, Jala said:

Sets a bad precedent imo. If you want something without sacrificing stuff just threaten to leave and they'll have to let you do it.

Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear in my previous post. The decision was made mostly on the fact that no teams really stood to lose anything from this. No GMs were going to be pissed about it and the GMs were told of the position switch well in advance of the draft to make sure they didn't make any plans around him. 

But honestly, we really didn't think this would be an issue with anyone. I mean no offense to 701 but his last few players have fizzled out and we doubted anyone was going to vest in him as their starting goalie with the amount of goalies around right now. 

At any rate, we'll get some clear guidelines on position switching written for the future. We truly just didn't expect this to be an issue for anyone. 

33 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Stockholm had QC's consolation pick from the Titan Kronos incident so I guess it would be good try to you?

Yeah, Ill give you that budd lol

• Senior Admin
6 minutes ago, sterling said:

I think you guys would avoid a lot of problems if you made announcements on things every once in a while. There was once quite frequent communication in the announcements section regarding league events

It was announced in the GM forum quite some time ago but, yes, in hindsight that could have been posted somewhere else. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Smarch said:

Alright note taken, think selfishly get your way, think of others get fucked,

Could say get Draped, amirite?

Also yeah duh, look at me.

More importantly, I always thought (though I probably never said) that 701 should retroactively lose the equivalent of a position change purchase from his Player Store money. So he can't use whatever he earns through contract until he pays that back.

6 hours ago, Victor said:

Could say get Draped, amirite?

Also yeah duh, look at me.

More importantly, I always thought (though I probably never said) that 701 should retroactively lose the equivalent of a position change purchase from his Player Store money. So he can't use whatever he earns through contract until he pays that back.

That was my thought as well, just force him to use his first purchases on the position change.

Lmfao, first of all I was saying no VHL team being interested in me would LIKELY kill my activity. I joined back here in attempts to be active, and the whole draft experience was lame knowing only Calgary would possibly want me. I can gladly go back to Goalie if it will make all of you think different about it. "Of course 701 being a dick if he doesn't get his way." Are you high bro? I got my way here, and no, I didn't bitch to get it.

I'm trying my best to stay active here, and I am liking it here, if I can't move I understand m8 but thanks for trying at the very least :D

to @Draper

but im demanding and being a dick.