2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Kendrick

NEW JERSEY GETS 1ST OVERALL!!!!

I mean of the top 3 teams that have picks right now, we deserved it the most. I still don't like that though because the Flyers and Stars shouldn't move up more than 2 spots. That was a screw job for Colorado and Vancouver and I think it's kind of shitty.

I understand the league doesn't want to reward teams for tanking, but there should be a rule in place so teams don't move back more than 2 spots and don't move up more than 2 spots.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I mean of the top 3 teams that have picks right now, we deserved it the most. I still don't like that though because the Flyers and Stars shouldn't move up more than 2 spots. That was a screw job for Colorado and Vancouver and I think it's kind of shitty.

I understand the league doesn't want to reward teams for tanking, but there should be a rule in place so teams don't move back more than 2 spots and don't move up more than 2 spots.

Karma works in funny way and maybe it's working here against a city that made itself look terrible last time they did anything in hockey 

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It does suck as a Canucks fan. 2 seasons in a row they're in the "running" for 1st, but move down to 5th. They didn't exactly tank either, besides maybe trading Hansen and Burrows, but they sucked even before that.

I mean, it probably sucks even more to be Colorado. They didn't even tank, they just fucking sucked and pick 4th instead of 1st.

I honestly didn't know that 3 separate teams could move up to 1, 2, and 3 until this just happened. Especially from that far down the board? New Jersey really needs the help and deserves a high pick, but fuck. Philly and Dallas? Dallas was a little further out of the playoffs, but Philly wasn't that far out. :lol:

Colorado got seriously screwed there.

Why is a team that sucked so much worse than everyone else able to drop not just out of number 1, but out of the top 3 entirely?

So salty.

31 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Karma works in funny way and maybe it's working here against a city that made itself look terrible last time they did anything in hockey 

I can tell you first hand that isn't a reflection on the fans of the Canucks. About 80% of the people who took part in that actually made their way down there half-way through the game.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I can tell you first hand that isn't a reflection on the fans of the Canucks. About 80% of the people who took part in that actually made their way down there half-way through the game.

Both the team and the citizens Still representing the city of Vancouver 

24 minutes ago, MD9 said:

Colorado got seriously screwed there.

Why is a team that sucked so much worse than everyone else able to drop not just out of number 1, but out of the top 3 entirely?

So salty.

Because the lottery is fucked. I didn't like how when they did it they told us that "this team is guaranteed a spot in the top three". Why? Like why are they guaranteed. How many lotteries are actually within the lottery.

Just now, Smarch said:

Both the team and the citizens Still representing the city of Vancouver 

Yes but that's like if non-Football fans came and rioted the city of Atlanta after they lost the Super Bowl. It's unfair to say that the fans in the Football world of Atlanta must pay because of it.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Because the lottery is fucked. I didn't like how when they did it they told us that "this team is guaranteed a spot in the top three". Why? Like why are they guaranteed. How many lotteries are actually within the lottery.

I'm biased because I'm an Avs fan, but yeah. It's really weird.

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yes but that's like if non-Football fans came and rioted the city of Atlanta after they lost the Super Bowl. It's unfair to say that the fans in the Football world of Atlanta must pay because of it.

That's actually 100% how it will work

Yeah the rules on that front are pretty dumb. Dallas going that high when so many pieces of that President Trophy winning team are still there and they basically just had an off year is beyond laughable. 

Colorado got severely fucked up the ass on that one. They were so God damn bad this season. I've been a fan since the Quebec days and this last season was hard to stomach and to go from 1st to 4th is a gut punch. Maybe this will make em pick that top D. Since with 1st they would have taken Patrick. Their main issue is that horrid D. My fuck is it ever horrid.

It will suck even more if the prospect Butcher who just won the hobey baker does not sign and becomes a FA in August. He would help the D tons.

10 minutes ago, Smarch said:

That's actually 100% how it will work

But not really how it should I don't think. I see what you're saying but it sucks for the actual fans of the team who then get painted with the same brush.

9 minutes ago, Devise said:

Also man, can Fleury please just suck? The Caps obliterated Pens in that first but couldn't score. 

Add Cullen to my list of Playoff veterans who just will their way to cups.

Also because of Las Vegas' blow up yesterday, I'm glad the AVS dropped to 4th. Fuck the Aces!