Why do no FAs want to come to Cologne?

RomanesEuntDomus

Your reason(s) for not joining Cologne  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do no FAs want to come to Cologne?

I would love to get some input on this question from guys who have been FAs these past few years… Why do no FAs want to come to Cologne? As far as I know the Express didn’t get a single quality Free Agent since the inception of the Franchise and I’m not even sure if we ever even got an active FA. it would be great if some of you could tell a bit about your reasons for not coming to Cologne because I’m really interested in finding out what seems to be wrong with our Franchise in the eyes of other players. There is a poll so you can just select your answer(s) there but I’d appreciate it if you could leave a comment as well or, if you prefer not to talk about your reasons in public, shoot me a quick PM, I promise that I will handle it with strict confidentiality.

So what is it, do you think that the team isn't competitive enough? Do you dislike the GM or some of the players? Do you doubt the teams future or did it just not work out in the contract talks? Please leave your reasons here so we can work on the problems that people see with our Franchise so we can finally become a destination that FAs want to go to!

Thanks in advance :)

Cologne bombarded Helsinki players with messages, when we were playing in the finals.

Bombarded is kind of an extreme word.

Edited by Kendrick

We did? That seems to be all lies seeing as only one of your guys was unsigned going into the off-season and they are allowed to talk. 

that is pretty much tampering. Just because it isn't a rule doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

I feel for Kendrick, he would have a cup by now too if he has given a 2 superstars in FA 

that is pretty much tampering. Just because it isn't a rule doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

I feel for Kendrick, he would have a cup by now too if he has given a 2 superstars in FA 

Tampering is between a GM. Players can talk, keep in mind I only talk about who is going to be a free agent. If anyone wants to point at me for tampering or loopholes there are plenty of other things around the league we could close up. My interest in this league slowly slips away when guys seem to sign in the same places and have the same mindset. Whatever it it what it is and much like David, Phil and Sterling I feel a change has been coming anyways so I'm not too concerned.

On paper, Cologne never seemed to have strong enough goaltending every time I compared them to another team to pick from for FA. Except for Riga fa move because I was under the impression a really strong goalie was being brought in halfway through the season :P

Goaltending is still key to when I decide to resign with teams or sign with them.

Nothing wrong with you, you don't smell bad :)

Edited by tfong

Cologne bombarded Helsinki players with messages, when we were playing in the finals.

Yeah your "bombarded" argument is invalid. Maybe only 3 people sent out messages. Sorry if we are trying to get some good teammates to play with us. Would you rather just offers be made and no one can talk to anyone and they let them decide? That seems like a pretty boring experience in my opinion. I'd quite honestly prefer to know who on the team actually wants me there and who is actually active enough to try and talk to me.

The tampering is never there. I am arguably the most active talker when it comes to FA. I try to sell myself as the key point in coming in. Of course people would rather choose friends over someone else. I understand how this league runs. People love to sign in FA and go to stacked teams so they can hurry up and win their player a cup rather then help a team build and do it themselves. All those teams who get so many free agents are imo the Miami Heat. I'd prefer to be part of a team who builds through the draft rather then buy their players. Either it's someone going to a team to rush a cup or because they have a certain number of friends on the team.

Huh?

When he was here he constantly bickered with teammates and everyday on chat said he had talked to GM's about getting traded to their teams. He started to grow impatient with the fact no one wanted him (even though I had him on the block) that he fished around for his own trades. It got really annoying that a player was seeking out his own trade.

People love to sign in FA and go to stacked teams so they can hurry up and win their player a cup rather then help a team build and do it themselves. All those teams who get so many free agents are imo the Miami Heat. I'd prefer to be part of a team who builds through the draft rather then buy their players. Either it's someone going to a team to rush a cup or because they have a certain number of friends on the team.

So then don't complain when FAs don't sign with you.

When he was here he constantly bickered with teammates and everyday on chat said he had talked to GM's about getting traded to their teams. He started to grow impatient with the fact no one wanted him (even though I had him on the block) that he fished around for his own trades. It got really annoying that a player was seeking out his own trade.

Not trying to white knight for Kesler or anything but I don't remember the first part about chat at all. The trade thing I do remember.

Did you ever wonder why I left?

Maybe thats the same reason why FA's dont sign in Cologne.

Have I once complained about it? No. So I am pretty sure that you are misunderstanding my wording. It's pretty hilarious trying to take out something never once said, nor implied.

I meant it as dont complain in the future. You know, since that is what this thread is about.

Did you ever wonder why I left?

Maybe thats the same reason why FA's dont sign in Cologne.

That doesn't real make sense. You left because you kept chatting to teams? You left because I couldn't find a suitor for you?

I meant it as dont complain in the future. You know, since that is what this thread is about.

I think what the thread is about is Romanes wants some opinions, its not about complaining. Reagrdless thats off-topic seeing as he just wants an opinion.

Yeah your "bombarded" argument is invalid. Maybe only 3 people sent out messages. Sorry if we are trying to get some good teammates to play with us. Would you rather just offers be made and no one can talk to anyone and they let them decide? That seems like a pretty boring experience in my opinion. I'd quite honestly prefer to know who on the team actually wants me there and who is actually active enough to try and talk to me.

I'm just answering the thread question for why people didn't sign with Cologne. I'm not a player, but I've had two different players personally tell me they didn't like that they were sent multiple PM's to join Cologne, while they were still playing games for Helsinki and trying to win.